Episode #60 "Theresa"

Ferrariman

PS. When the helicopter drops the load into the ocean at the begining -I think they would still be able to press charges and collect some evidence -all the cops witnessed it and cocaine would still be in the water for a little bit... several eye witnesses, and samples wouldn't be enough?

One of my favourite episodes because it has a Brit actress in it lol IF. I can get passed the fact that HBC's head disappears into her shoulders, she appears to have a hunchback and her monobrow has a role of it's own.... I can give this one 7/10

• 1 month later...
Let me preface my review with the simple fact that I would rather watch a bad episode of Vice than most other shows. However; sadly this is one of the worst for numerous reasons, a number of which have already been mentioned. All though there are lots of flaws the ones that bother me the most are those that indicate Vice has changed from a ground breaking, trend setting show that operated at a higher level to one that used cheap Hollywood gimmicks (insulting to the viewer) to move into or set up a scene. Let me give an example. As I had stated on my location site in the episode Hit List. When I watched that episode when it originally aired I was impressed when Tubbs was outside the hit man's hotel and he scolded and made fun of the marked units arriving with lights and sirens. At that time this was typical stupid Hollywood tactic that numerous shows used, At least now there was a show that recognized it was stupid and all though it was used to alert the hitman and justify the chase here it was called out and I knew I was watching a better show that in the future would rely on better writting and producing to set up scenes, not Hollywood ridiculous. Sadly in Theresa they have forgotten their roots and what made them great. Tubbs is approaching the Carlyle with Stan. Arzola walks out of a hotel with a gun already in his hand, Why? Then for no other purpose other than THEY could not come up with a realistic proper way to set up the chase scene, Stan yells at Arzola from in front of the Cardozo to give him a head start. For me this was a sign that the greatness that made me fall in love with Vice had been killed off. Happily it did get it's episodes where it returned but here greatness was dead.We did not get thru the teaser without stupidity. Security patrols with sirens? Really, just stupid and and thrown in to insult the viewer saying we think you are stupid. We are not going to take a couple of seconds to show that when receiving a large drug shipment the distributor may have a sentry or two posted who would notice the cars without the sirens that security forces are not allowed to have in real life. Then the helicopter pours out the drugs in plain view and Crockett says never mind. What? With huge amounts of the drug remaining on the copter an arrest and conviction are slam dunk. As with numerous others here, Theresa bothered me. A 20 year old doctor dating a guy twice her age? Crockett ready to marry her after 2 months. Shallow it may be but she was not exactly good lucking either.Then are Crockett and Tubbs no longer working for Vice but are now DEA agents? If not why are they at a Federal courthouse instead of the County courthouse. Who's case is it anyways. I saw no DEA agents in the raid.Eingefügtes BildThen back to the Arzola chase, a tractor trailer unit parked across the road for absolutely no realistic reason other than to fit the scripts need for the Lotus to spin around. This is way beneath Vice. Then after getting out of the car and shooting at Crockett a few feet away and not even being able to hit the Testarossa, Arzola inexplicably puts his gun down and walks in front of a car. Not to even get into how was Crockett who was suspended driving around in a police car. Never happen in real life. Never happen in real life is not something one should be repeatedly thinking when viewing an episode of Vice.Eingefügtes BildThen we go back to what is set up to be a federal court where the Judge threatens the lawyer, don't try to appeal my decision. Really.Then what could have been a nice, emotional scene at the end where Crockett wants to be alone at the spot where he parked with Theresa, and they have Stan call him on the radio asking if he sees anything. What, he is working a stakeout at the same spot on the water where he parked with Theresa. Looking for floating litter perhaps. That absolutely ruined what would otherwise have been a great scene.So not the most positive review but it really was a cheap insult to the viewers. I rate it a 1.

Let me preface my review with the simple fact that I would rather watch a bad episode of Vice than most other shows. However; sadly this is one of the worst for numerous reasons" data-date=" a number of which have already been mentioned. All though there are lots of flaws the ones that bother me the most are those that indicate Vice has changed from a ground breaking, trend setting show that operated at a higher level to one that used cheap Hollywood gimmicks (insulting to the viewer) to move into or set up a scene. Let me give an example. As I had stated on my location site in the episode Hit List. When I watched that episode when it originally aired I was impressed when Tubbs was outside the hit man">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp8b2dbc23.pngThen back to the Arzola chase, a tractor trailer unit parked across the road for absolutely no realistic reason other than to fit the scripts need for the Lotus to spin around. This is way beneath Vice. Then after getting out of the car and shooting at Crockett a few feet away and not even being able to hit the Testarossa, Arzola inexplicably puts his gun down and walks in front of a car. Not to even get into how was Crockett who was suspended driving around in a police car. Never happen in real life. Never happen in real life is not something one should be repeatedly thinking when viewing an episode of Vice.Eingefügtes BildThen we go back to what is set up to be a federal court where the Judge threatens the lawyer, don't try to appeal my decision. Really.Then what could have been a nice, emotional scene at the end where Crockett wants to be alone at the spot where he parked with Theresa, and they have Stan call him on the radio asking if he sees anything. What, he is working a stakeout at the same spot on the water where he parked with Theresa. Looking for floating litter perhaps. That absolutely ruined what would otherwise have been a great scene.So not the most positive review but it really was a cheap insult to the viewers. I rate it a 1.

A really interesting take on this episode - with some good points - poor writing but still good visualsDidnt Sonny have a ring on his car dashboard at the end - really bad judgement . MV was slipping in the ratings quickly at this point and was just in the top 20 .:D

• 2 months later...

HBC's eyebrows always bothered me. She is actually kind of creepy and being 20 years younger than Crockett made the romance unbelievable. They could have easily casted someone else in that role. Other than that complaint the storyline was good and I gave it a 7/10. One of the better episodes from S3 IMO.

HBC's eyebrows always bothered me. She is actually kind of creepy and being 20 years younger than Crockett made the romance unbelievable. They could have easily casted someone else in that role. Other than that complaint the storyline was good and I gave it a 7/10. One of the better episodes from S3 IMO.

HBC eyebrows have an equity card of their own!!When I watched for the 1st time (aged 16) I didn't see the storyline coming.It is one of my top 10 because it has a Brit in it & she is one of Sonnys many love interests.

i gve 10 points' date=' my absolut favorite episode:thumbsup::cool::clap:[/quote']
good story music ok :thumbsup::radio: i give 9 points:)
Da hat sich Deine Meinung aber schnell geändert / You change your opinion very quickly :rolleyes:

I'm not typically interested in story lines involving Crockett's love interests, but "Theresa" is a pretty fair episode. It's a good moral dilemma for Crockett, and it's my very humble opinion that the best episodes have a very distinct and personal moral dilemma. To test this theory, pick an episode you like and I will bet there is a tricky moral dilemma. Conversly, the, uh, least compelling episodes are short in this area: "The Big Thaw," "Missing Hours." There is no moral situation compelling the lead character to either redeem him/herself nor is there a situation where the moral dilemma creates the need for a hero. In short, there's no risk/reward for the viewer.And let's not forget Jan Hammer's 'Theresa.'Side name dropping note (I always have an angle in this department): I saw Bonham Carter at a Harry Potter premiere in London a few years back. I remember reading that she wasn't thrilled with her appearance in Vice, so I didn't approach her like I usually do with anyone who has ever had anything to do with Vice. And man, is she tiny!

Love it!!! In my opinion Theresa belongs to the best VICE episodes!:glossy::clap::happy:From an outstanding plot through to wonderful music, awesome fashion, gorgeous illumination, emphatic dialogues and especially Donnie's fantastic performance - EVERYTHING fits together perfectly!!!Eventually Sonny may have a girlfriend. I really really like such eps because they always have a deep personal touch, are very emotional and likewise thrilling.:glossy:The ep already starts with a highlight: Jan Hammer's wonderful Theresa - tune.:radio: This is one of the nicest tunes and perfectly fits to the scenes where Sonny and Theresa act. I'm glad to see Sonny having a new girlfriend, but I anticipated that their love won't go well - when I saw this ep for the first time.I really cherish the build-up of the episode. VICE has to approach a routine-case about a drugdealer which doesn't have to do with Theresa in no sense. Suddenly one sees her maining and she gets blackmailed by her dealer. This hit me like a hammer because I would never guess that she is a junkie. And as if this wasn't enough, she reveals police internals.The scene where Sonny confronts her with this and the following conversation at the harbor of Miami, is fantastic. :happy::happy:These dialogues are so much intense and realistic, especially not too corny. Donnie and Helena Bonham-Carter turn in a masterly-achievement and perfectly complement each other.Besides this, Sonny has one of his famous blowups at the end - just gorgeous!!!:clap:Apart from the plot, the ep is an optical eye-candy. It features typical Season 3 neon illumination and interior designs. Concerning fashion, Sonny's black shirt is remarkable and his pastel suit at the end which reminds of the first two years.And one of the best VICE songs ever is played in Theresa: Wasteland by The Mission.:radio:On the one hand this song is timeless and even forward, but nevertheless typical 80s - a real masterpiece!!!All in all, Theresa is carried by Donnie's strong acting performance and manages to show an ep between emotionality, dramatic and coolness.:cool:10 of 10 points!

• 2 months later...

Agree with C Glide completely. They never did make a decent job and fiding Crockett a decent woman after Gina. Maybe Callie and the woman at the start of Deliver Us From Evil are the exceptions. Theresa has a moustache and dark yellow teeth! Someone should have told sonny he was punching well below his weight. Didn't feel like a Vice episode. One of the worst from a very good season. 4/10

• Like 1

I dont know, did she also have a small cameo with Crockett in the EJO episode of S3 right at the beginning? maybe she was called in once out of nowhere for that cameo long before or after the filming of her episode was over?

• 5 months later...

I really love this episode! "Theresa" is a very deep and emotional one for Crockett...and I thought Don and Helena Bonham Carter did superb acting jobs! :clap:Some have claimed Theresa came out of almost nowhere and suddenly Crockett was wanting to marry her. Well...most of Crockett's girlfriends came out of left field and were soon gone. Most were also only on 1 episode...where Theresa was in 2! Crockett was thinking of marrying Brenda in "Nobody Lives Forever", and was supposedly serious with Sarah in "Yankee Dollar"--yet we only saw them in those one episodes. Theresa was introduced to use the episode before "Theresa", in "Duty and Honor". The writers were laying the groundwork for the character and I think they did an awesome job! The plot, acting, directing, colors, fashion, action, car chases, gun battles, music, etc...were all captivating. Jan Hammer had some awesome songs in this too...but then again he always did! :radio:Brad Dourif was a superb "scuzz ball" as whacked-out drug dealer Wyatt. He truly "made" that role and was a perfect character actor! I loved his line to Crockett when he got in his face towards the end: "I’ll cut your skagged out squeeze’s head off ". :) Does half of that even make sense? :rolleyes: The dude looked half "fried" on his own product most of the time. :pI loved Helena Bonham Carter and her English accent, and thought she was beautiful! :happy: I really wish she could have stayed around for a while...would much rather have had her instead of Caitlin! :done:I also loved the showcasing of the Carlyle Hotel...showcased more here than even in the Pilot! The hotel is still standing and in use today! :D I love the car chase scene right after that, and the bad guys Lotus...Crockett's Testarossa was "cooler" :cool: , but the Lotus was an interesting choice.This was an mesmerizing delve into one type of addict's life...the "functional" one. But, it also showed the other side of the chaotic and deadly lifestyle of Wyatt and his druggie goons. It was a sad and tragic episode...but a captivating one as well. Beautiful episode...and I gave it a 9!P.S. However, this was one more reason that Crockett should have stayed with Gina! :baby:

• 2 months later...

Liked this one!I thought Helena Bonham carter was cute, I'm the same age as she was at the time so idk. But yeah it's a little creepy she's going out with a 37 yo vice detective. Don liked melanie griffth a little too young anyway so I guess it fits :PThe whole thing with tampering of police evidence and them blowing up the warehouse was cool, it's the only time they did that on Vice.Cool car chase on Ocean drive with the Lotus Esprit. James bond's car from some of roger moore's films.Crockett wears the classic white suit and pants, along with a purple shirt. Oh and i liked the intro with the helicopter dumping the coke into the sea. All that powder can't be good for the mantee's and fish.

Great episode - a lot shot primarily at nite with Director Virgil W. Vogel.This ep added to Sonny's character and nice "Theresa" theme too by Jan :thumbsup::shout::D

This made my list of favorite Vice episodes. Good Vice episode overall but I have to admit the main reason it made my list is that I think Helena Bonham Carter is really cute. I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but IMO its too bad the writers didn't work her into more episodes.

HBC makes this episode, At first you're a little perplexed and it may seem like bad acting. But she's really adorable. When she says the line "..I'm a jun..kie" It's almost comical and sad at the same time.One of the better "Crockett's date of the week" episodes. Better than Sheena Easton and the annoying chick in Nobody Lives Forever. Meanwhile Tubbs get's all the good action (Pam Grier), Crockett gets a french twit who can't even pronounce his name, A man lady in Prodigal son and bromances with Evan Freed and James Remar.:)

• Like 1

Liked this one!I thought Helena Bonham carter was cute' date=' I'm the same age as she was at the time so idk. But yeah it's a little creepy she's going out with a 37 yo vice detective. Don liked melanie griffth a little too young anyway so I guess it fits :PThe whole thing with tampering of police evidence and them blowing up the warehouse was cool, it's the only time they did that on Vice.Cool car chase on Ocean drive with the Lotus Esprit. James bond's car from some of roger moore's films.Crockett wears the classic white suit and pants, along with a purple shirt. Oh and i liked the intro with the helicopter dumping the coke into the sea. All that powder can't be good for the mantee's and fish.[/quote']
This made my list of favorite Vice episodes. Good Vice episode overall but I have to admit the main reason it made my list is that I think Helena Bonham Carter is really cute. I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but IMO its too bad the writers didn't work her into more episodes.
HBC makes this episode' date=' At first you're a little perplexed and it may seem like bad acting. But she's really adorable. When she says the line "..I'm a jun..kie" It's almost comical and sad at the same time.One of the better "Crockett's date of the week" episodes. Better than Sheena Easton and the annoying chick in Nobody Lives Forever. Meanwhile Tubbs get's all the good action (Pam Grier)' date=' Crockett gets a french twit who can't even pronounce his name, A man lady in Prodigal son and bromances with Evan Freed and James Remar.:)[/quote'']I agree with all of you! :thumbsup: Helena Bonham Carter totally "makes" this episode and the plot, action, fashion, everything is awesome! :clap: But, she was so beautiful and realistic...she had that girl-next-door appeal to her...with a loveable accent! :) I sooo wish they had worked her into more episodes! :happy: As for the ages...Crockett I think was supposed to be around 33 or 34 (but Don may have in reality been 37), as in the next season in "A Bullet For Crockett" the doctors announce his age as 35 when he's being wheeled in on the gurney after being shot. Theresa (HBC) would probably be heading towards 30 as she was a doctor...and would have already had to have gone through probably 6-8 years of school, including med school, then how long had she had her job at the hospital after that? So, I don't think the ages were that drastically different...although she appeared to be younger than she was, which still made her so dang hot!! :happy:She is probably the only girlfriend besides Gina that Crockett had that was hot and you could totally see him with. Brenda from "Nobody Lives Forever" was not very attractive and was very controlling & snobby. The other "druggie" girlfriend Sarah Davis, that OD's in "Yankee Dollar", was just plain ugly and somewhat bizarre! :eek: Caitlin was okay...but I never found her that attractive either and their marriage seemed doomed from the start (even if Hackman hadn't shot her). :rolleyes:Awesome episode! :clap:

Theresa (HBC) would probably be heading towards 30 as she was a doctor...and would have already had to have gone through probably 6-8 years of school, including med school, then how long had she had her job at the hospital after that? So, I don't think the ages were that drastically different...although she appeared to be younger than she was, which still made her so dang hot!! :happy:She is probably the only girlfriend besides Gina that Crockett had that was hot and you could totally see him with. Brenda from "Nobody Lives Forever" was not very attractive and was very controlling & snobby. The other "druggie" girlfriend Sarah Davis, that OD's in "Yankee Dollar", was just plain ugly and somewhat bizarre! :eek: Caitlin was okay...but I never found her that attractive either and their marriage seemed doomed from the start (even if Hackman hadn't shot her). :rolleyes:Awesome episode! :clap:

Damn I forgot Callie, She was gorgeous. Crockett couldn't settle down with her though, He needs a boring chick who complains a lot. And he gets alot of those during the show.

Damn I forgot Callie' date=' She was gorgeous. Crockett couldn't settle down with her though, He needs a boring chick who complains a lot. And he gets alot of those during the show.[/quote']Yeah...which episode was Callie in? Remember the name but trying to place the face? I'm usually good with my memory so it ticks me off when I can't remember something, and I know I should. :p

Yeah...which episode was Callie in? Remember the name but trying to place the face? I'm usually good with my memory so it ticks me off when I can't remember something' date=' and I know I should. :p[/quote']Definitely Miami, pal!

Definitely Miami' date=' pal![/quote']Oh yes, now I remember...Crockett's femme fatale. ;) She was attractive in her own way, but for some reason her face always seemed somewhat...odd or something to me, like her eyes and lips were disproportioned or something. I think I liked HBC better than Cal. :p