Episode #60 "Theresa"

Ferrariman

10, it's a good episode...I like it, this is one of the many episodes of Sonny getting hurt by relationships, strong character development..but I do agree, it came out of nowhere the whole relationship.

10, it's a good episode...I like it, this is one of the many episodes of Sonny getting hurt by relationships, strong character development..but I do agree, it came out of nowhere the whole relationship.

TV shows from that time seemed to act in a time warp: a new show each week, but with months and months of time in between them, so we can assume Sonny met Theresa and they started dating since the conclusion of the prior week's show. (Though, to be fair, we did see her in the beginning of The Savage.)

I never thought they were matched well. A vice cop with a doctor too young to be a doctor? Then again, they never really gave Crockett good love interests. Still, I like the episode. I have a thing for tearjerker episodes that give me a lump in my throat. By the last scene, when Sonny's got the engagement ring on the dashboard, you can really feel his pain. At this point, it's evident that his profession causes him to lose people and opportunities in his life, and we can all relate to that in some way. 

Edited by Spyder
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Amazing episode.  I don't watch this one too often because it actually makes me tear up every time.  You really have to applaud Don's performance in this episode!  So much passion, vigor and expression!  And it's made obvious that he really was in love with Theresa.  I'm just disappointed that she never came back.  Maybe people would have liked her more than Caitlin as Sonny's wife?  I like Caitlin, but I know a lot of people don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Magnificent episode. I've been watching every week on my yearly rewind of the entire series, but haven't kept up on reviews. HBC is amazing in this, and so is Donnie Wayne Johnson. Heart pulling moments, beautiful shots of those two. And Sonny beating the *ahem* Shit out of Wyatt! Solid season 3 gold, and another hint of the meltdown we will see in season 4.

8/10

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I guess most things have been already said about this episode before, anyway I remember parts of it and that it had both Helana Bonham Carter and Brad Dourif in it and of course Hammer's beauitful score. I went in thinking it would be yet another poor, mediocre romantic dud, but it surprised me big time. Don Johnson does some of his best acting in season 3, and even the lovely Bonham Carter, very young here, is great as Theresa. Some of the shots, especially at night with the neon Miami skyline is beautiful, and I could watch the scene where Crockett and Theresa are having a go at each other, along with Hammer's haunting music playing in the background. all day long. 

I was almost ready to hand out a strong 8/10 but as with Down For The Count Part 2, the last minutes kind of ruined it, Crockett gets superhuman powers and takes out what 3 or 4 bad guys within a second, and you have one of the worst looking stunt-doubles I have seen since The A-Team were you had a clearly thin, small white guy with a hilarious badly made wig is trying to fool its viewer as B.A. Baracus, (almost as bad as the stuntguy that shortly replaces Tubbs in the end of the episode mentioned above). It felt so rushed, like they run out of ideas or money, and just said "Screw it, nobody will notice, right?" I guess I am being to harsh, but the episode deserved a better ending, not one that looked like it was from a b-movie. 

7,5/10

Edited by ArtieRollins

• 9 months later...

A mixed bag for me.

Helena Bonham Carter was hella cute. I especially love the scene between her and DJ at night with the skyline in the background.

Hammer's score is great as usual.

I like Tina Turner so it was cool to see Tim Capello.

Brad Dourif was good as usual.

Onto the weak aspects.

Honestly the Crockett in love plots get pretty tiresome after a while. I couldn't effing stand Rudy. What's the deal with the courthouse sets in S2 and S3. In the other seasons, they look normal.

The climax I didn't really care for.

One of those episodes that kinda runs out of steam for me.

Really sad ending.

6/10

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2013 at 11:54 PM, ViceFanMan said:

I really love this episode! "Theresa" is a very deep and emotional one for Crockett...and I thought Don and Helena Bonham Carter did superb acting jobs! :clap:Some have claimed Theresa came out of almost nowhere and suddenly Crockett was wanting to marry her. Well...most of Crockett's girlfriends came out of left field and were soon gone. :flowers: 

Most were also only on 1 episode...where Theresa was in 2! Crockett was thinking of marrying Brenda in "Nobody Lives Forever", and was supposedly serious with Sarah in "Yankee Dollar"--yet we only saw them in those one episodes. Theresa was introduced to use the episode before "Theresa", in "Duty and Honor". The writers were laying the groundwork for the character and I think they did an awesome job!

The plot, acting, directing, colors, fashion, action, car chases, gun battles, music, etc...were all captivating. :glossy: Jan Hammer had some awesome songs in this too...but then again he always did! :radio:Brad Dourif was a superb "scuzz ball" as whacked-out drug dealer Wyatt. He truly made that role and was a perfect character actor! I loved his line to Crockett when he got in his face towards the end: "I’ll cut your skagged out squeeze’s head off ".  Does half of that even make sense? ?( The dude looked half "fried" on his own product most of the time.

I loved Helena Bonham Carter and her English accent, and thought she was beautiful! :happy: I really wish she could have stayed around for a while...would much rather have had her instead of Caitlin! :done: I also loved the showcasing of the Carlyle Hotel...showcased more here than even in the Pilot! The hotel is still standing and in use today! :D I love the car chase scene right after that, and the bad guys Lotus...Crockett's Testarossa was "cooler" :cool: , but the Lotus was an interesting choice.

This was a mesmerizing delve into one type of addict's life...the "functional" one. But, it also showed the other side of the chaotic and deadly lifestyle, of Wyatt and his druggie goons. It was a sad and tragic episode...but a captivating one as well. Beautiful episode...and I gave it a 9!

P.S. However, this was one more reason that Crockett should have stayed with Gina! :baby:

Just watched this episode again a few moments ago. This was my review a few years ago...not much has changed in my thoughts. I still really like this one, and still feel for the character Theresa. ;( She wanted so bad to be a good doctor, kick her habit, and live up to Crockett's expectations...but, like reality, drugs will destroy all of that. 

In a more goofy, sarcastic view...Crockett seems to have a thing for "dopers"...as Sarah (from Yankee Dollar) was into drugs as well--although trying to "mule" it in, but ended up OD-ing instead. :p In this episode, in reality, Sonny probably would have been demoted, or transferred out of the city to another dept, or possibly fired...as he had confidential open-ongoing case files around his girlfriend, and even let her read them! But, hey...this was Miami Vice and Sonny Crockett! :dance2:

Still really like and "feel" this episode though...season 3 isn't one of my favorite seasons (as a whole...although there are specific ones I really like) and so this episode is a pro for me when going through that season and/or show. :thumbsup:

P.S. Again...Crockett should have stayed with Gina! 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

Your review reminds me I need to re-watch this episode, which is one I've always liked for the characters and storyline.  I agree with pretty much everything you said, although knowing how young Helena Bonham-Carter was at the time always kind of messed with it for me.  In RL she was only about 21 years old at the time, way too young to have completed medical school.  Of course there's nothing wrong with playing a character who is older (or younger, for that matter), but it was just my own reaction.

It was still a great episode and it's so true that healthcare professionals can become addicted because they have easier access to addictive drugs.  Because they are educated and often very functional (as Theresa was) they can deceive themselves about their drug use and sometimes continue for a long time before those around them realize they have a problem.  I thought that aspect was treated very well.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Your review reminds me I need to re-watch this episode, which is one I've always liked for the characters and storyline.  I agree with pretty much everything you said, although knowing how young Helena Bonham-Carter was at the time always kind of messed with it for me.  In RL she was only about 21 years old at the time, way too young to have completed medical school.  Of course there's nothing wrong with playing a character who is older (or younger, for that matter), but it was just my own reaction.

It was still a great episode and it's so true that healthcare professionals can become addicted because they have easier access to addictive drugs.  Because they are educated and often very functional (as Theresa was) they can deceive themselves about their drug use and sometimes continue for a long time before those around them realize they have a problem.  I thought that aspect was treated very well.  

I knew Helena Bonham-Carter was younger than Don Johnson...but hadn't really ever bothered to look up how much younger...didn't know she was only around 21! :eek:  LOL! I figured close to 30.

But, yes I totally agree that the educated healthcare professionals becoming "functional" addicts was covered very realistically here, and this was a heart-touching episode. ;(

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I knew Helena Bonham-Carter was younger than Don Johnson...but hadn't really ever bothered to look up how much younger...didn't know she was only around 21! :eek:  LOL! I figured close to 30.

But, yes I totally agree that the educated healthcare professionals becoming "functional" addicts was covered very realistically here, and this was a heart-touching episode. ;(

I knew she was young but not that young! Don was around 37 and HBC 21 :hippie:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

One of my all time favorites: 10.

I'm surprised to see criticisms of how the relationship "came out of nowhere". Actually, quite the opposite is true. She gets a cameo in the prior episode, which is far more than any other of Crockett's other relationships. I mean, he proposes to Caitlin Davies after knowing her for a couple of days (inside the episode). At least here there was some idea that he was in a relationship. Furthermore, it's obvious that she was meant to be mentioned in "Afternoon Plane", which was filmed before Theresa but ended up running after. Listen to Crockett & Tubbs' discussion in the opening scene and you can see they dubbed some lines of dialogue to account for the switch in airing order (clearly the original discussion as filmed discussed Crockett being in a relationship with a doctor). 

In any case, this episode deals with the manner in which people can become hooked on heroin, an issue that is now front in center in our society. Furthermore, I like that Theresa is not a stunning super-model beauty; she is far more realistic. However, I admit that their "romantic" scenes were not particularly convincing. What is convincing is Don Johnson's acting; he really sells the hurt and betrayal he feels. It is also clear to me that at the end their relationship is doomed because he busted her; you can hear the resentment in her voice when she says "C'mon Sonny, I was arrested." Exactly the resentment the doctor warned could occur. That, to me, is why he finally agreed to let her go to Hartford, realizing that his actions likely saved her life, but also ended their relationship. 

To me, Theresa was Crockett's true love on the show. It would have been nice to try and tie up this loose end toward the rundown of the series. 

Pros: great music, Don Johnson's performance, supporting  actors such as the DA and IAD sold their roles well, the subject matter (heroin addiction arising from painkiller use).

Cons: Romance not convincing, the stunt Testarossa is obvious (they even use the interior for a close up--the seats area clearly different), and the fake-looking Warehouse.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Campion said:

One of my all time favorites: 10.

I'm surprised to see criticisms of how the relationship "came out of nowhere". Actually, quite the opposite is true. She gets a cameo in the prior episode, which is far more than any other of Crockett's other relationships. I mean, he proposes to Caitlin Davies after knowing her for a couple of days (inside the episode). At least here there was some idea that he was in a relationship. Furthermore, it's obvious that she was meant to be mentioned in "Afternoon Plane", which was filmed before Theresa but ended up running after. Listen to Crockett & Tubbs' discussion in the opening scene and you can see they dubbed some lines of dialogue to account for the switch in airing order (clearly the original discussion as filmed discussed Crockett being in a relationship with a doctor). 

In any case, this episode deals with the manner in which people can become hooked on heroin, an issue that is now front in center in our society. Furthermore, I like that Theresa is not a stunning super-model beauty; she is far more realistic. However, I admit that their "romantic" scenes were not particularly convincing. What is convincing is Don Johnson's acting; he really sells the hurt and betrayal he feels. It is also clear to me that at the end their relationship is doomed because he busted her; you can hear the resentment in her voice when she says "C'mon Sonny, I was arrested." Exactly the resentment the doctor warned could occur. That, to me, is why he finally agreed to let her go to Hartford, realizing that his actions likely saved her life, but also ended their relationship. 

To me, Theresa was Crockett's true love on the show. It would have been nice to try and tie up this loose end toward the rundown of the series. 

Pros: great music, Don Johnson's performance, supporting  actors such as the DA and IAD sold their roles well, the subject matter (heroin addiction arising from painkiller use).

Cons: Romance not convincing, the stunt Testarossa is obvious (they even use the interior for a close up--the seats area clearly different), and the fake-looking Warehouse.

Good review—interesting aspects! However, I thought some of their romance was convincing...their silly & teasing banter was realistic and heartfelt. Crockett’s remark about not teasing Elvis cracks me up every time. It reminds me of how my parents still are after almost 48 years! :happy: 

I agree that Crockett truly loved Theresa, and was heartbroken when the relationship crumbled. Superb episode, but tragic. Sort of MV’s bizarre version of “Romeo & Juliette”. :p They’re desperately in love and destined to be together...but their relationship was doomed from the start! ;( 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I watched this after quite some time last night, its excellent and Don was clearly at his best in this. One of his best performances.

Totally agree...very heartfelt, if not heart-wrenching, realistic episode. The performances by all were amazing—I always enjoy the episode and the character “Theresa”!! :clap: I completely understand why their relationship didn’t work out...but Theresa was the only other girl besides Gina, that I enjoyed seeing Crockett with & hoped they’d stay together.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 1:49 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Totally agree...very heartfelt, if not heart-wrenching, realistic episode. The performances by all were amazing—I always enjoy the episode and the character “Theresa”!! :clap: I completely understand why their relationship didn’t work out...but Theresa was the only other girl besides Gina, that I enjoyed seeing Crockett with & hoped they’d stay together.

Very heartfelt especially when you hear Sonny saying that he loves her numerous times, it was rare for him to say that in the series.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

While I agree that Don gives a great performance, for me it is thrown off by what looks like Crockett's cradle-robbing. I never really "got" this relationship, with how it basically comes out of nowhere and has Sonny sprung to the point that he wants to propose, and then is never followed up on (except for a "what was I thinking?" moment in By Hooker by Crook). Why exactly is he so passionate about this woman? At least with Caitlyn there was the empathy of leading a dual life that the two had in common and a better dynamic between the two imo. Caitlyn was independent and ballsy and very much her own person without Sonny. With Theresa the impression is almost a parent-child relationship which I just don't find very appealing. I find the Theresa period to be a weird chapter in Sonny's life, and honestly a period I don't think a lot about when I reflect on his character. I may feel differently if Theresa was played by a different actress, but I don't know.

Edited by Bren10
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

While I agree that Don gives a great performance, for me it is thrown off by what looks like Crockett's cradle-robbing. I never really "got" this relationship, with how it basically comes out of nowhere and has Sonny sprung to the point that he wants to propose, and then is never followed up on (except for a "what was I thinking?" moment in By Hooker by Crook). Why exactly is he so passionate about this woman? At least with Caitlyn there was the empathy of leading a dual life that the two had in common and a better dynamic between the two imo. Caitlyn was independent and ballsy and very much her own person without Sonny. With Theresa the impression is almost a parent-child relationship which I just don't find very appealing. I find the Theresa period to be a weird chapter in Sonny's life, and honestly a period I don't think a lot about when I reflect on his character.

Although in reality the actress playing Theresa is many years younger than Don Johnson, “in the episode” I think she’s supposedly only supposed to be 2 or 3 years younger—she was a doctor. 

However, even despite age differences I didn’t get a “parent to child” vibe from their relationship at all! Even though we as viewers only got to physically see Theresa a couple times, supposedly they had been dating for quite a while...and had eventually gotten serious enough to contemplate marriage. Their relationship seemed very “real”, genuine, and refreshing (compared to all the past girl friends after Gina). They were in love...not just having sex for fun.

As in reality, sadly drugs & addiction will destroy relationships & people...and this episode beautifully & accurately portrayed that! This was a more serious and personal episode for both Crockett and Theresa, rather than the flash-n-dash of some of the other plots/episodes. 

Edited by ViceFanMan

6 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Very heartfelt especially when you hear Sonny saying that he loves her numerous times, it was rare for him to say that in the series. Theresa was the second woman in his life that we know he genuinely fell in love with, obviously Caroline being the first. The Caitlin relationship wasn't convincing even though he married here, which was forced imo.  

Brilliant episode all round, I really didn't remember it being that good. His level of performance is  so good in this, up there with the Evan performance and Payback.

Amen...very well put! :thumbsup: The Caitlyn thing was a joke, and ridiculously doomed from the start. Definitely a forced relationship! :rolleyes: The relationship with Theresa was definitely more genuine and real...and you could tell! ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan

I know Caitlyn gets all the hate. And I'm in the minority as one who doesn't give it. It was a ratings grab, yes. Doomed? Most likely so. But calling it a joke is too dismissive in my eyes. I remind you that Caitlyn came after Theresa and various failed relationships and represented Sonny reaching for something meaningful, the fates be damned. I'll tell you this, I find Caitlyn's build-up and death a lot more heart-wrenching than sending Sonny's new junkie girlfriend to rehab. I see Sonny and Caitlyn as equals in terms of maturity, and I just don't get that with Theresa. Theresa to me is another white-knight outing for Sonny. Almost his own Little Miss Dangerous. I'm not saying the relationship shouldn't exist, I'm just saying I'm not as touched by it as so many others here seem to be.

• Like 3

Just now, Bren10 said:

I know Caitlyn gets all the hate. And I'm in the minority as one who doesn't give it. It was a ratings grab, yes. Doomed? Most likely so. But calling it a joke is too dismissive in my eyes. I remind you that Caitlyn came after Theresa and various failed relationships and represented Sonny reaching for something meaningful, the fates be damned. I'll tell you this, I find Caitlyn's build-up and death a lot more heart-wrenching than sending Sonny's new junkie girlfriend to rehab. I see Sonny and Caitlyn as equals in terms of maturity, and I just don't get that with Theresa. Theresa to me is another white-knight outing for Sonny. Almost his own Little Miss Dangerous. I'm not saying the relationship shouldn't exist, I'm just saying I'm not as touched by it as so many others here seem to be.

Actually I’m in the minority with you! I don’t hate Caitlyn at all...it was just their relationship itself that I found ridiculously rushed & sadly doomed from the get-go. Yes, she was after Theresa...so again another “rebound-grab” for something by Crockett...they wanted a real relationship, but sadly their careers would never ultimately allow it, and the whole thing was WAY too rushed & fast! It felt like they went through motions or “rituals” because they were ‘supposed’ to...not because it was real. It was forced...and it came across as such. 

• Like 1

Theresa essentially comes out of nowhere as well, at least for us. How long were they supposed to be seeing each other before Sonny was going to propose? We get a glimpse in The Savage but not before that. The run up to the marriage to Caitlyn was rushed, of course. The show needed a shot in the arm and that was the solution they came up with. I don't like to make 4th wall excuses, but there was simply no real good way to get what they wanted except to rush it. An alternative may have been a 2-parter or 2hr ep like Prodigal Son. But the show and the audience wasn't going to wait half a season or more to build up Sonny's marriage. And doing that would have ruined the novelty of Sheena Easton's presence. The important things are what happens after Sonny and Caitlyn are actually married and the consequences thereof. Those events ring true to me because they are a logical conclusion to their choices. I do not find those forced. I do, however, find it forced for Sonny to have a doctor girlfriend who just happens to be into drugs. Go figure. And he's madly in love with her because it's time for Crockett to have another love interest. Short as it may be, Caitlyn gets to have a build-up and we get to know who she is and where she comes from. We don't get that from Theresa except for a few seconds of silliness on the St Vitus and then she's forgotten about.

As to what her age is supposed to be, well that's fine for you and me to discuss now in a forum. But a viewer in 1987 doesn't know what she's supposed to be, they just know what it looks like. And it looks like a big disparity, and someone I wouldn't expect to see Crockett with, let alone propose to. That to me seems at least as misguided as marrying a musician.

Edited by Bren10
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

Theresa essentially comes out of nowhere as well, at least for us. How long were they supposed to be seeing each other before Sonny was going to propose? We get a glimpse in The Savage but not before that. The run up to the marriage to Caitlyn was rushed, of course. The show needed a shot in the arm and that was the solution they came up with. I don't like to make 4th wall excuses, but there was simply no real good way to get what they wanted except to rush it. An alternative may have been a 2-parter or 2hr ep like Prodigal Son. But the show and the audience wasn't going to wait half a season or more to build up Sonny's marriage. And doing that would have ruined the novelty of Sheena Easton's presence. The important things are what happens after Sonny and Caitlyn are actually married and the consequences thereof. Those events ring true to me because they are a logical conclusion to their choices. I do not find those forced. I do, however, find it forced for Sonny to have a doctor girlfriend who just happens to be into drugs. Go figure. And he's madly in love with her because it's time for Crockett to have another love interest. Short as it may be, Caitlyn gets to have a build-up and we get to know who she is and where she comes from. We don't get that from Theresa except for a few seconds of silliness on the St Vitus and then she's forgotten about.

As to what her age is supposed to be, well that's fine for you and me to discuss now in a forum. But a viewer in 1987 doesn't know what she's supposed to be, they just know what it looks like. And it looks like a big disparity, and someone I wouldn't expect to see Crockett with, let alone propose to. That to me seems at least as misguided as marrying a musician.

I realize that Caitlyn got to have a “visual” buildup compared to Theresa...but, it was definitely a desperate attempt for a ratings boost, as their whole relationship was rushed (despite the more appearances by Caitlyn), forced and “faky”. 

Theresa, as far as physical appearances, did kind of come out of nowhere. But, they were supposed to have been dating for a while beforehand...we just didn’t get to see that. However, despite the less “visual” appearances by Theresa, her & Crockett’s relationship was much more genuine and heartfelt than Caitlyn’s. The chemistry and how the actors/characters interacted with each other was real.

Whether 1987 or 2020...for the viewer it’s shown and known she is a doctor. ;) Therefore, she most likely was supposed to be around at least 30 (although in reality the actress I believe was younger than that). However, again, big age differences or not, wasn’t really the point. The point was they were very much in love and wanting their relationship to work. Sadly, Theresa’s drug addiction would not allow that to come to be.

Both Theresa & Caitlyn were very attractive, but intelligent, and genuine down-to-earth women. I liked both characters! But, in my opinion the relationships with Crockett were what differed. Again, Theresa’s was real and genuine...whereas Caitlyn’s was rushed & forced.

Both relationships were sadly destined to fail, however—as addiction ruined Theresa’s and careers/lifestyles pretty much doomed Caitlyn’s from the start. But, if Theresa hadn’t been addicted to pain killers I truly feel she and Crockett could have made it work. They had been able to make it work with time & how they felt towards the relationship up until then...whereas Caitlyn was going to be gone just as much as Crockett, and most of their time spent together was in protective custody and trying to stay alive from hitmen! They didn’t get real time to truly get to know each other before the insanely rushed wedding. 

Edited by ViceFanMan

We just have to agree to disagree here, which is great because that's what this forum is for. Just a few points and then I'm done.

How long should Sonny date somebody before he proposes? If that amount of time doesn't really matter with Theresa, then why should it with Caitlyn? If it does matter, then maybe it is simply a character flaw with Sonny that he moves too fast. He lives by the minute half the time anyway. Maybe Caitlyn has the same problem and these personality types seeked each other out. There was definitely a pathology to them both, whatever the case.

Once again "supposed to be around at least 30" doesn't cut it here. There's no one around to tell the audience what she's "supposed" to be, nor what age a proper doctor is "supposed" to be. Maybe she was a prodigy type who advanced quickly at a young age. There's no one to tell me that either. To the average viewer he looks a lot older than her, plain and simple. That may turn some people off, it may not. If that's not the point, as you say, then Bonnie Timmerman and casting have failed here because the effect is distracting. To the point that is discussed as often as it is, including right now.

Doctors are often on call, so Theresa's schedule wouldn't perfectly mesh with Sonny's either. Even if she had more time off, she'd likely be by herself waiting for him and I don't see that working long-term. But more than likely, Theresa's days as a respected doctor are over. There is an argument to be made, however, that Sonny's wife, whomever she may be, would be better off with a passion to occupy her full-time the same way his does, and they could meet periodically somewhere in the middle. This is a thing that can work if properly managed. I think Caitlyn would be a better candidate because the stakes of what she does for a living are not as high, nor is she an addictive personality constantly being put at risk as Theresa was.

I think the bottom line is you like this ep a lot and I just like it, but not a lot. Cheers. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

We just have to agree to disagree here, which is great because that's what this forum is for. Just a few points and then I'm done.

How long should Sonny date somebody before he proposes? If that amount of time doesn't really matter with Theresa, then why should it with Caitlyn? If it does matter, then maybe it is simply a character flaw with Sonny that he moves too fast. He lives by the minute half the time anyway. Maybe Caitlyn has the same problem and these personality types seeked each other out. There was definitely a pathology to them both, whatever the case.

Once again "supposed to be around at least 30" doesn't cut it here. There's no one around to tell the audience what she's "supposed" to be, nor what age a proper doctor is "supposed" to be. Maybe she was a prodigy type who advanced quickly at a young age. There's no one to tell me that either. To the average viewer he looks a lot older than her, plain and simple. That may turn some people off, it may not. If that's not the point, as you say, then Bonnie Timmerman and casting have failed here because the effect is distracting. To the point that is discussed as often as it is, including right now.

Doctors are often on call, so Theresa's schedule wouldn't perfectly mesh with Sonny's either. Even if she had more time off, she'd likely be by herself waiting for him and I don't see that working long-term. But more than likely, Theresa's days as a respected doctor are over. There is an argument to be made, however, that Sonny's wife, whomever she may be, would be better off with a passion to occupy her full-time the same way his does, and they could meet periodically somewhere in the middle. This is a thing that can work if properly managed. I think Caitlyn would be a better candidate because the stakes of what she does for a living are not as high, nor is she an addictive personality constantly being put at risk as Theresa was.

I think the bottom line is you like this ep a lot and I just like it, but not a lot. Cheers. :rolleyes:

There’s no specific time limit put on when Crockett should date a girl or marry her...the whole Caitlyn thing just came across rushed and you could tell it was very forced. ;)Theresa’s relationship was more relaxed and even though we visually didn’t see it, the impression was they had been dating for quite a while. 

Again, the age difference between Sonny & Theresa was not really important or the point...but if you’re saying that Crockett was too old for her, I just meant that (unless she was a “Doogie Houser” prodigy :p—which wasn’t implied or stated in the episode) as a doctor she would have had to have gone through medical school after college—so she wasn’t 20-23. She’d be supposedly at least around 30. Crockett was supposedly around 34-35.

I do not think Sonny looks that much older than her...it wasn’t Bogie and Bacall or Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher back-when, where Bogie and Demi were old enough to be their spouses’ dad/mom, Lol! :)  Bogie and Bacall were amazing in their time, however & made it work! ;)

Doctors are a lot of times on call & there would have been times when Theresa would have to leave Sonny to go in. But she wouldn’t have to leave Miami and/or the country and be gone weeks/months...she still could go back home to Sonny regularly—when he was home, as yes he would be out all night sometimes too. It wasn’t perfect...it just seemed they had found a way to make the time for each other...whereas everything with poor Caitlyn just seemed so forced & rushed—no time to really get to know each other after they weren’t on the run from killers. I just think there would have been much less time for/with Caitlyn, than Theresa. 

In reality, I don’t think Crockett should get married...at least not while being a Vice cop. The hours and that division of law enforcement/job would probably eventually destroy any relationship or marriage. But, this isn’t reality. In “MV world” I just think the relationship with Theresa seemed more genuine and real. But, the addiction & drugs ruined that. 

It’s not my most favorite episode by any means, but I do really like Theresa...both the episode as a whole, and the character. But, everyone has their opinions...that’s what makes the forums interesting! Cheers! :cheers:  :funky: