ANSWERS To Your JAN HAMMER MIAMI VICE Music Questions.

COOPER&BURNETT

No need going to www.jan-hammer.net anymore.If you have a JAN HAMMER MIAMI VICE music question, I'll do my best to answer it. I was, and am "STEVEN-SPIELBERG" on the jan hammer site (The guy who's the "True" JAN HAMMER GURU"), and now I'm here.Be free to ask general questions about songs, unreleased JAN HAMMER tunes etc.I'll get to them as time will allow, so if I have not yet responded, please give it some time, as I will get to them. Also, I don't give or make copies of recordings, but I will do my very best to accurately answer your JAN HAMMER questions.- STEVEN-SPIELBERG (cooper&burnett)Eingefügtes Bild

Did Martijn EVER fix the music posts on the hammer.net site that I asked him to years ago?......No, I didn't think so.That's what to expect on the .org site.

Well' date=' I would like to ask, who can forward me the full length "sample" of the first version of Crockett's Theme :D[/quote']this is something i really need to do. i'll try to pm you when i get it.

• 2 years later...

I just recently watched the episode of 'El Viejo' and really loved the Jan Hammer score with the country twang in it. I'm really surprised this wasn't included on 'Miami Vice: The Complete Collection'. Is this tune available anywhere? :rolleyes:

I just recently watched the episode of 'El Viejo' and really loved the Jan Hammer score with the country twang in it. I'm really surprised this wasn't included on 'Miami Vice: The Complete Collection'. Is this tune available anywhere? :rolleyes:

Depending on what cue you were looking for, there were a couple of cues from EL Viejo on the COMPLETE COLLECTION.

I identified it as being the 'main' tune, or perhaps that's just what stood out for me. It had the distinctive 'country' feel to it. Ok I just had a look at the recorded episode. One of the scenes it is heard playing is when Willie Nelson's character arrives at the pawn dealer, to trade in his old gun.

I identified it as being the 'main' tune' date=' or perhaps that's just what stood out for me. It had the distinctive 'country' feel to it. Ok I just had a look at the recorded episode. One of the scenes it is heard playing is when Willie Nelson's character arrives at the pawn dealer, to trade in his old gun.[/quote'] That track IS on the COMPLETE COLLECTION.

That track IS on the COMPLETE COLLECTION.

??? El Viejo is not listed as one of the tunes on the MP3 download. Is it under another title? I do not recognise this tune at all, Coop???

??? El Viejo is not listed as one of the tunes on the MP3 download. Is it under another title? I do not recognise this tune at all' date=' Coop???[/quote']It's listed as El Viejo Mix[3:07]

I must have a different copy to you. Strange' date=' as I just thought there was only [u']one version. My download consists of 43 tunes, with the first one being 'Original Miami Vice Theme' and the last one is 'Turning Point'.

Here's the listing from the JAN HAMMER website for downloading.http://www.janhammer.com/fr_home.cfm
OMG! I've just realised the songs are not in order on my iTunes and so I had a look at the original format and I'm missing songs!!! :eek:I don't know how this has occurred. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I told you I was no good with these IT applications!!:p:D:):)Anyway, thanks for your help. At least it's solved......now to get it right this time...:)

• Administrators

If it's "El Viejo" you like then don't forget the tune "Texas Ranger" too!

.....And "Turning point". ;)

Thanks. :thumbsup:@Cooper: I will sort this shamozzle with the MP3 download, tonight. :p

Cool! ALWAYS listen to JAN HAMMER. He's the heart and soul of MIAMI VICE!
MP3 download fixed! :done: I'm so glad 'El Viejo Mix' was included!! :p It's a CRACKING tune and one of my top favourites, now! :dance2::dance2:

MP3 download fixed! :done: I'm so glad 'El Viejo Mix' was included!! :p It's a CRACKING tune and one of my top favourites' date=' now! :dance2::dance2:[/quote']Good. Jan Hammer's the best.

• 2 months later...

this is probably an easy question for ya lol. For some reason I can't find the song that is played in "Tale of the Goat" when Tubbs is in the pool unconscious? I know I have it in my soundtracks somewhere but I just can't recall the name of the track. Thanks!Edit: Found it! lol "The Trial and The Search" two songs in one really, so that's why I had a hard time findin' it! :p

So Coop....are you in touch with Jan Hammer? I mean...playing soccer at the weekends.....doing questions...and getting a quick reply? :)So are you the middleman of this transaction?

• 5 months later...

So Coop....are you in touch with Jan Hammer? I mean...playing soccer at the weekends.....doing questions...and getting a quick reply? :)So are you the middleman of this transaction?

Nope, never talked to him personally. I've talked to his agent before.I've been collecting, and researching JAN HAMMER for 28 years.I've read every article I can about him, I have collected everything he has done since the modern synths came around in late 1983. I have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject, that is why I'm offering to answer questions. I don't pretend to know everything, as I don't, but I'm sure I know more than the average.I just want to help members ability to enjoy JAN HAMMER as much as possible.