Greetings from Berlin

Lance Vance

Hi everyone! First of all, I tip my hat to you! This forum is just great and I’m overwhelmed and impressed by your profound knowledge of and interest in this wonderful series. :clap:I always loved everything about the 80s, the mood, the look, the music, the clothes – and how this culture was preserved in the form of movies and video clips. However, I was only introduced to Miami Vice in the spring of this year. German TV re-aired the series, and that whet my appetite. Then a friend lent me her DVD collection of the first season, and it was all up with me.. :happy: I got my own collection and in several marathon sessions, I watched it all. The tropical summer we had in Berlin this year only added to the fascination, I immediately got me a white linen suit and pastel shirts to add a little Miami chic to this city.. :funky:So now I’m here, and can’t wait to share the enthusiasm with you guys!And just to let you know: I’m a girl ;)

:hippie: Welcome!I think there is a fair percentage of us with pastel suits around here... I have a tuxedo t-shirt but I can't put together a full vice suit. I have some jeans with ripped out knees and some fake Ray-Bans, and that's all.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here :D@ cageyJG: Well I was just lucky, fashionwise - 80s and especially Vice-ish clothing was kinda "in" this summer, so it was no problem getting the suit and shirts..@Coop: Of course I already had a look at your scrapbook ;) It's really impressive!