Meeting Philip Michael Thomas in Miami

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Orignially posted by KaeptnCaipi, 04-29-2008, 12:41 PMOriginally posted by KaeptnCaipi on www.miamivice.info after handing out the honorary membership certificate to Philip Michael Thomas in Miami in August 2006.Translated by KaeptnCaipi "We did it!We handed out the honorary membership certificate to Philip Michael Thomas.Even though we were very excited and nervous the meetings was totally relaxed.We were waiting in our lobby half an hour before we would meet.At 3 p.m. it was showtime. A tall dark-skinned man with beige trousers, shirt, baseball cap and eyeglasses walked through the door. Sandi followed him a few Stepps behind.The dark-skinned man was Philip Michael Thomas. And he doesn’t look much older than 20 years ago. He walked straight towards us and he spread his arms. After a heartily embracement we did a little small-talk (what we did so far during our vacation) we handed out the honorary membership certificate. The certificate was well packaged so Philip had to unpack it.Philip was very excited, too. Sandi and I had our cameras ready.He seemed to like the certificate ’cause he looked happy. His comment: "I love it! It's great."We were sitting comfortable in the hotel lobby and talked for about one hour.Philip and Sandi were working about 1 ½ hour from Miami away on their new project.They came to downtown Miami only for meeting us at our hotel.It was a very enjoyable atmosphere and Philip and Sandi were absolutely informal and totally cute.We talked a lot about VICE and what we like about the series. Both, Sandi and Philip, were amazed, who much fans there are today and how popular VICE still is.They wanted to know everything about our community, how many members there are and how things go.Shooting sometimes was a big effort, Philip told us. He’s still proud that he was part of the crew of VICE in those days. Before he started with VICE he was in show business for about 15 years but if he looks back today being a part of VICE was just as winning an olympic gold medal.He has not seen the new “Miami Vice” movie yet. I asked him, if he’s going to see the movie and he ased: “Why should I? Not in a movie theatre maybe on DVD.” To his opinion the movie has nothing in common with the TC series.„After I saw the trailer the movie could be called „German Vice“ as well.“He confirmed once more, that Michael Mann didn’t ask any of the old crew members.Philip still is in contact with some of the old crew members of VICE.Sandi was very cute as well and she wanted to now a lot of things about our community.She did a little advertising for her new DVD after she asked us if we do some sports.Simone (my wife) told her, that she does some Nordic walking and Tai-Bo. So Sandi advised us her new DVD for a workout at home.Both were working on the musical “Sasha”. Philip arranged the music.After signing the Miami Vice season 2 DVD and a postcard it was time for them to leave.After a dearly embracement Simone gets a kiss from Philip and Sandi.Suddenly there was some kind of hectic. Philip was looking for his keys. After looking for the keys for about 5 minutes Philip noticed, that the keys were in his pocket.We just wanted to enter the elevator as Philip came back into the hotel lobby. He told us to come with him outside. Sandi gave us a signed book to her workout DVD. With the words "See you later." He said goodbye.Both had to do a lot of work otherwise they would have had a little more free time.Anyway the talked to us for about one hour-A very exciting was over and Simone and I still could not believe that we talked to Philip Michael Thomas. It was an unforgettable event. :happy::happy:I think we have a new favourite actor."

• Like 4

• Administrators

Originally posted by JonnyDaytona, 04-29-2008, 04:58 PMOnce again PMT has demonstrated what a class act he truly is. I would love to shake his hand...

• Administrators

Orignially Posted by Sonny-Burnett, 05-01-2008, 03:36 AM

Once again PMT has demonstrated what a class act he truly is. I would love to shake his hand...

No kidding--an hour with a celebrity --that is amazing. Wonder if we could get him back again if/when there is another MV reunion?

• Administrators

Originally posted by JonnyDaytona, 05-01-2008, 03:45 AM

No kidding--an hour with a celebrity --that is amazing. Wonder if we could get him back again if/when there is another MV reunion?

I'm hoping the convention in '09...that would be sensational.

• Administrators

Originally posted by DJAngel, 05-02-2008, 08:47 PMKaeptnCaipi, Thanks so much for sharing your interview/meeting with PMT. He's a very nice person to give you so much of his time. I'm glad to hear he has fond memories of MV, and is still in touch with his co-workers, both on and off screen.

• Administrators

Originally posted by crocketsgrl, 05-08-2008, 07:18 AMCaipi thanks for sharing this with us. Not many celebs would travel over an hour just to meet fans. And then to sit and talk and want to know about the site it amazing. He is a wonderful human being. Seems him and his wife are very sweet and approachable. That is wonderful to see in this day and age. Wow, I still can't get over how they drove down, sat with you and was so interested in the site and didn't know that there still were so many fans of Vice. I'd love to know who he still talks too. He must talk to Don since he was on Nash Bridges even though that was a while back.......Such a wonderful story, thank you so very much......

• Administrators

Originally posted by IceColdCastillo, 06-14-2008, 05:05 PMWow, great story. It makes me happy when a celebrity is NOT an a-hole in real life, not letting fame hit them in the head. It seems rare these days. PMT seems like a really nice guy, he must have always been that way.Thanks again

• Administrators

Originally posted by timm525, 06-14-2008, 06:47 PMIt is amazing how some folks let stardom go to their head and others aren't affected.Great story.Thanks for sharing.

• Administrators

Originally posted by Mr. Calderon, 03-25-2009, 12:02 AMwell...after so many time, i just could read about this meeting now.Im happy that everything was great.Congratulations! I would like to be there too :(cya

• Administrators

Originally posted by darkneon, 10-18-2009, 08:50 PMso cool! thanks for sharing it with us. i've heard that philip was always a generous person when it came to his fans...nice to know it really is true. :)

• 11 months later...

Philip was always really relaxed between takes, good to hear that he still is after the series. My brother and I used to visit when they were shooting at the marina. Pity of it is that though I am a fan of Thomas, I am not really a miami vice fan, haven't even seen the fourth or fifth seasons, I just lived there.

What a wonderful story, Caipi!:D How lucky you are, to have met the charming Philip Michael Thomas. :happy::happy::happy:I've read of only very few other members that have ever met PMT or Don Johnson, besides you. I'm surprised not to have come across more? Or perhaps there were, in the '.org' days?Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

PMT has to be a great person to spend almost an hour at your meeting. If you ever interview him again ask him to please consider joining with DJ & the other stars to make a Miami Vice reunion episode. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...