Exclusive Interview John Diehl - Discussion

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Originally posted by Ell.a, 11-15-2008, 06:46 PMWith Alex' support (Thanks!), webmaster of the John Diehl Fansite, I was able to "convince" Mr. Diehl to answer a few questions about his person ---> Click to read the interview!I contacted Mr. Diehl in summer already, but due to his tight timetable (read about his projects in the interview) he had no opportunity to answer at an earlier date. Read and take his interview as an early present from Santa Claus ... :xmas: He answered the questions in person and handwritten (!).Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe lower part von page 2 is a personal message from Mr. Diehl for me. (Sorry, but this part is unavailable! :blind::p)Of course I took the chance to ask for an autograph ...Eingefügtes Bild :happy:I will inform Mr. Diehl about the threads on mv.ws and on mv.info. If you like you can leave him a message here. Have fun and enjoy! 8)

• Administrators

Originally posted by DJAngel, 11-15-2008, 07:40 PMThank You for the interview:clap:Thank You to John Diehl for taking time to give you the interview;)And, the autographed picture is a great Extra Bonus!!

• Administrators

Originally posted by Ell.a, 11-16-2008, 07:50 PMYou're very welcome, DJ Angel!You're right - This autograph is an extra bonus indeed. But the interview isn't the end of this story ... there will be more news and more action in just a few days! ;):shout:

• Administrators

Originally posted by Tony D., 11-19-2008, 02:15 AMThank you Ell.a for these interviews! I don't know how you get them but keep them coming. I'm looking foward to one with Don Johnson. :dance:John Diehl was great in his final two episodes of MV. Too bad he wasn't given better parts in Season 1 & 2.

• Administrators

Originally posted by timm525, 11-19-2008, 03:31 AMCool Diehl, no pun intended! :pThank you Ell.a

• Administrators

Originally posted by Ell.a, 11-20-2008, 11:21 AM

I don't know how you get them but keep them coming. I'm looking foward to one with Don Johnson.

I don't know as well ... maybe I'm a Sunday child. Or maybe I'm just in the right place at the right time. :glossy: But in fact you don't know how many unsuccessful attempts I made already. Concerning Mr. DJ there are eight unanswered letters so far. And honestly: I won't make another attempt to spend another 15$ for postal charges/reprints (per letter!). Sorry guys, but maybe one of you has a "hot wire" to Mr. DJ ... Try it! :funky:For my share I'm more than happy with reactions like we had from PMT, Michael Talbott, Jan Hammer and recently: John Diehl. These artists earned my deepest respect, because they don't live in an ivory tower - they are down-to-earth! :happy:THANK YOU MR. DIEHL!

• Administrators

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti, 11-30-2008, 01:32 AMGreat interview. Very cool of John to answer those questions. He was so great in Down For The Count (my favourite episode along with Death & The Lady). Too bad he didn't get more episodes like that.After Zito my favourite role of his was the redneck mechanic in National Lampoon's Vacation. He had the classic line "Never heard of no-one so sh!t all stupid as you driving off that road. You musta got manure for your brains"

• Administrators

Originally posted by Shill, 11-30-2008, 02:24 AMHe's great in Stargate as well with Kurt Russel and James Spader

• Administrators

Originally posted by Mr. Calderon, 11-30-2008, 06:43 PMPlease.... COPYRIGHT THIS INTERVIEW!!!! And please, i would remove any links to PMT´s interview from that place.Or ill sue them!ELLA! THANX ABOUT THE IVIEW! CONGRATS! THATS THE SPIRIT!

• Administrators

Originally posted by Matt5, 03-17-2009, 12:27 AMHe did have such a small part in MV that was even smaller by the third season - so interesting to see he wanted out. Thanks for interview

• Administrators

Originally posted by AzVice, 06-14-2009, 06:10 AMWhen he left, there was nothing for Switek to do but sit in the van alone. Watching the first season again, and their shenanigan's with the bug van, i get the feeling their comedy was toned way down. Notice the bug disappears off the top of the van. I don't know if this was another improvement by Mr. Wolf perhaps?

• Administrators

Originally posted by dix323232, 08-30-2009, 09:35 AMhe was an interesting character i never really thought about it much but he was in it less and less, very dramatic end for Zito but very welldone.:cry: