New book by Ate de Jong

Marilyn

Sorry but elements of this last story are hard to believe. Don a helicopter pilot? Off duty Navy Seals moonlighting?

I also know that he could fly a helicopter. Don't know about the seals though. Some story anyway.

• 4 months later...
A promise is a promise! Here is the 4th and sad to say the last story from Ate:Don Johnson always hits the mark.By Ate de Jong/translation by MarilynShooting an episode of Miami Vice took seven working days. Lucky for the star of the series' date=' Don Johnson, the actors and crew were off duty during the weekends. Don used his spare time to make a lot of fun. Unfortunately, Don’s desire for pleasure wasn’t limited to the weekends and that endangered the shooting schedule. Don didn’t like working in the morning, he had to deal with his hangovers then. The sultry weather in Miami made working in the afternoons undesirable and of course, the evenings were reserved for parties.During the working week Don visited every important party in the state of Florida. The weekends he flew to New York or Los Angeles to parties with other celebrities. Once in a while the producer forced Don to stay in Miami for the weekend due to some particular shootings. Then, Don organized a party for crew and cast. When I directed my episode of Miami Vice, I went through a garden party organized by Don.While the actors, crew and other (underworld) friends were pricking their hamburgers off the barbecue, Don arrived by helicopter. He flew the helicopter himself and circled low above the garden. The hamburgers flew like ufo’s through the air and the bottles with ketchup danced on the tables. All the guests were in for a visit to the dry-cleaner. But they exuberantly smiled at Don anyway.Don parked the helicopter in the middle of the garden, stepped out and ordered it was time to play a game. He brought some paint pistols with him and he divided the guests into teams. His team consisted of Navy SEAL’s. They did a little moonlighting as bodyguards and during the game they took care that nobody could hit Don. They ambushed opponents so that Don could fire off the coup de grâce. Every team had his own color; red, blue, green. Don was the only one with white paint.The next day, Monday, there was a small problem with one of the actresses from the series. It turned out that Don’s white paint couldn’t be rinsed out her hair.After the last shoot of my episode I went to Don’s art-deco mobile home to say goodbye. Carefully, I suggested his humor and his way of playing games being a little selfish. He didn’t apologize in any way and told me that he fought hard to get a job as an actor. Now he was a star at last and he wanted to enjoy every second of it without compassion and hypocritical kindness.Secretly, I admire such disorderly behavior.[/quote']Wow. I'm thinking that party would've made a better episode than Missing Hours.