Hikari Takano inteview with DJ

cheetah

Great Post! Seems this year is the Don´s year.Hmmmmmm....so Don talks by phone with Philip....! See that Kaipi? What I told you? lol

He had lots of praise of Philip. He even said he likes EJO.What a GREAT interview. :clap:Don is da man! :thumbsup:

Tons of info in there!Anyone see when the interview took place? Sorry if I missed it. Maybe a year or two old I'm guessing. It's nice b/c it seems there isn't an abundance of recent interviews out there.Interesting that the author was on an acting track and then decided to do interviews (presumably full-time). For a journalist, that's pretty good when you can have some class - like when Takano backed off the tabloid stuff. He was also very well prepped. Liked it when he threw in that, "I'm very good friends with Tom Selleck."Glad DJ said he's still close w/PMT. They should go paint the town red sometime.Wish we could've heard more specifics on Europe.Wish I'd paid more attention to DJ's series on TNT, the "Honor" one.Looks like there was some kind of HBO quick feature on the making of Heartbeat.Very good interview.

You mean this?DJ: I’m not so sure that that’s accurate reportage anyway. Sometimes some, some newspapers… not all of them, some newspapers and magazines are in the entertainment business. And it’s in their best interest --HT: Sell papers --DJ: -- to sell papers. So they make up stories that may or may not be true in order to sell papers. So I would say that 90% of the things that have been written about me concerning almost anything in my life, were written to sell newspapers and have very little to do with the truth.HT: Yeah, because I heard about the German Customs stopping you for carrying $8 billion worth of papers. DJ: It was a non-story. (laughs) Didn’t exist.HT: Weren’t they just photocopies of?DJ: Actually, I did not have them. They were property of a gentleman that was in my car. And the entire thing was misrecorded. HT: Is it important to strike back at the tabloids and clear your name? I know that it can get costly.DJ: Oh no, I don’t pay any attention to them.HT: But isn’t it damaging though?DJ: I don’t know that it’s that damaging. I’ve been dealing with this for the 35 years that I’ve been in the business and I don’t think that… I think that people professionally and publicly, I think that they see those stories for exactly what they are, that they’re methods of selling newspapers. In fact, there was a recent poll in the NY Times that in all newspapers that less than 21% of the people believe what they’ve read in any newspaper and less than 5% believe what they saw on television. So the credibility of newspapers has been damaged by their own greed and lack of ethical behavior. So I don’t even respond to stories that are written…. I wouldn’t bother suing a tabloid or anybody like that. It would dignify what they write about. I don’t feel that… Everybody already knows by statistics that nobody believes it.HT: And that whole bankruptcy story --DJ: Again, this is another one of those stories that has no merit. These are times when interest rates are low and I chose to refinance my ranch and change a couple of trusts and I knew the only way I could do it was to bankrupt the trusts. Don Johnson isn’t bankrupt, it’s just the trust, but they take one word out of one thing and one thing out of another, put them together and create a story that doesn’t exist.HT: How about the recent thing about --DJ: Are we going to go through note by note of all these silly stories --HT: No, no, no, see, I wanted to give you the opportunity to respond to some of these --DJ: Yeah, I know, but I don’t particularly want to spend the rest of this… we got another 15 or 20 minutes before I have to go and I don’t want to go through and answer each and every one of these silly reportages out of tabloids.HT: So the bottom line is 99% of that stuff is bull****?

• 2 weeks later...