"DJ"deleting his facebook accounts.

aly 7

I received an inbox message informing me that basically he has been being harrassed on facebook and would be deleting all of his accounts...say it ain't so.....He said he is the real Don Johnson. I'm sure somehow his fb page was real to a point....Either way he will be missed on my page:cry:

Excuse me' date=' Aly, what do you mean by "real to a point"? :confused:[/quote'] I feel that people close to him post things on his page on his behalf.Like his publicist or family members......I feel they really are his fb pages....I just don't think it's always he himself posting .......

no he wont delete his account' date='[/quote'] I am convinced it is not him anymore. The handling of the whole situation is pretty amateurish. All he had to do was take a picture and confirm that it is him. It is pretty standard procedure for celeb on twitter or Facebook. The fake spent too much time defending himself and ended up creating a new page (!?). He is not born yesterday.I really believed it was him. I know he is a fake.What do you think?J.

• Administrators

We discussed this a long time ago. I believe the topic was "Has DJ or any other stars Ever Visited This Site?" or something along those lines.We've seen countless members over the years claiming to have the original Daytona or Scarab from Vice, only to be revealed as a phony (or at the very least, accused of being one) Funny cause I always said that if the real DJ ever did join our site we would probably abuse him, accuse him of being a phony and he would pack his bags and leave.I for one can't see someone like Don even wasting his time on something like facebook much less worrying about deleting his account. Just my .02

I for one can't see someone like Don even wasting his time on something like facebook much less worrying about deleting his account. Just my .02

:clap:

+ 1I mean the guy was a super star in the 80s. He knows how to handle a crowd, fans, fame.I don't buy him getting upset over 300 people asking him if he is real. If it was him, he would have handled this with more class.I have seen more unknown celebs confirm their accounts. Not a big deal... unless you are a fake and can't photoshop a fake picture :D

+ 1I mean the guy was a super star in the 80s. He knows how to handle a crowd' date=' fans, fame.I don't buy him getting upset over 300 people asking him if he is real. If it was him, he would have handled this with more class.I have seen more unknown celebs confirm their accounts. Not a big deal... unless you are a fake and can't photoshop a fake picture :D[/quote']I agree. He was protesting a little too much. Don is smart enough to understand why people would be suspicious. There are many frauds out there. Whoever it is did not delete his account after trying to get all his "true" fans to switch to another account which can't be found. He deleted me after I politely suggested he verify himself somehow. I normally wouldn't believe Don would take the trouble but Facebook is really big these days, its amazing how many celebrities and others are on it. To confuse things there are four other Don Johnson pages.

well,i somehow thought the same his defendings like,im a busy guy and stuff,but i got this account to keep in touch with my fans?someone asked him why he is never responding to anyone,he answered:´´thats because im a busy man´´.but how can he keep in touch with fans if hes to busy,taking a picture of yourself isnt really taking that lot of time,so bad answers that dont make sense

well' date='i somehow thought the same his defendings like,im a busy guy and stuff,but i got this account to keep in touch with my fans?someone asked him why he is never responding to anyone,he answered:´´thats because im a busy man´´.but how can he keep in touch with fans if hes to busy,taking a picture of yourself isnt really taking that lot of time,so bad answers that dont make sense[/quote'] Agreed. The tone & type of answers seems to be from a teenager from Missouri (distant johnson cousin?) going through an identity crisis online and looking for attention.I am feeling like creating a Charlie Barnett profile and friend him to reminisce the good old vice times :D

Interestingly this same guy is on Twitter. His Twitter account is unverified even though Twitter has a process for verifying celebrities and well known people and organizations. There were lots of genuine looking photos. Lots of people believed it was Don. I can see those same folks lining up to drink the KoolAid.

It is/was not him. He had a lot of ´personal´ pictures which was interesting. However, if you look back in the history, you see that the personal pics came from other sites. So basically copy and paste.On his twitter it had a dialogue he had with his son. This was copied and pasted from Jesse Johnson (his oldest son) twitter. Again making it look real.Didnt take me longer than an hour to be sure it is/was a fake. The only way to get to Don is through Jesse, his daugter Dakota on Facebook or through the FB accounts of Saundra Santiago, Eddy Olmos or Olivia Brown. And of course through PMT. But lets be honest, the chance to be in touch with DJ is pretty much reduced to zero.

I wish we could get in touch with DJ. These MV websites are great fun...BUT would be really alive if we had a re-union TV episode to post about. It makes me angry to see a new and crummy Hawaii 5 O on TV, when there could be a fantastic Miami Vice reunion with all the original stars......and no one is doing any thing about it!

We discussed this a long time ago. I believe the topic was "Has DJ or any other stars Ever Visited This Site?" or something along those lines.We've seen countless members over the years claiming to have the original Daytona or Scarab from Vice' date=' only to be revealed as a phony (or at the very least, accused of being one) Funny cause I always said that if the real DJ ever did join our site we would probably abuse him, accuse him of being a phony and he would pack his bags and leave.I for one can't see someone like Don even wasting his time on something like facebook much less worrying about deleting his account. Just my .02[/quote'] Yep, think you're dead on.

The thing about most celebrities on Facebook is that they have a special kind of account set up to avoid this kind of situation, like a fan page where there's information on what they are up to. These are pages where you don't make friends but hit a "Like" Button and someone who's in charge of the information on that page would post stuff on what that celebrity is doing (I.E. New movie projects, interviews, etc., etc.) and those posts show up on their Facebook page and show up in your Facebook home page. You can comment on posts but you can't contact the poster directly.If Don is on Facebook he would know better than to set up a normal type Facebook account but to set up a business-type account to avoid any confrontations with rabid fans.