Better put the top up on the Daytona!

maynard

• 1 year later...

I just heard up to 3 feet in parts of Mass. and NY..along the coast...

Confirmed its about 2 to 3 feet here, was expecting that snow plowing truck next door to get stuck or bash into the cars parked on the curb (he was actually trying to plow up a hill in a blizzard. gotta admit though it would be fun to see a snow white tr blasting through the snow right now

makes the 8 inches we had in newcastle (UK) sound like a flurry!!! hahanow that sounds like fun but a little dangerous blasting throught he snow in a white TR

makes the 8 inches we had in newcastle (UK) sound like a flurry!!! hahanow that sounds like fun but a little dangerous blasting throught he snow in a white TR

Indeed but the infurating thing is the news is saying that on the coast they only got about 10 to 12 inches of snow and that there is an actual ban on driving with a penalty of a year in jail and a fine right now.so the coast of MA could actually be up and running and there threatening to throw them in jail if they do' date=' that's the kind of insanity MA actually employs anyone in there right mind where I'm living where the estimates are 2 to 3 feet is not going to be driving because the snow plow has burried them in to begin with and there is about a foot and a half of snow on the groundI know because I just went out in the backyard and dug out the heated bird bath and put food on the ground for the birds, I must have the entire fleet back here eating anything and everything up.but no they had to take it a step furtherthat ban is so crazy that I actually want to dig out the car and drive around in a sign of defiance just because they took it that far.and yeah I know its supposed to keep the roads clear for emergency cars and the like but you dont need to take that far you idiots but still though with the TR that would make a hell of a photoshoot for a car magazine, you know take it to a wide open empty parking lot covered in snow and have at it like this

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=malvLISunJ8

• 11 months later...

Where I live we have had the third snowiest January on record here, with  33.1 inches SO FAR, beaten only by the Blizzard of 1979 at 40.4 inches and one more back in 1918. :evil:

Worse we have had record cold temps here going well below 0F. Last night we had wind chills of -28F and going to near -40F tonight. We had these kinds of temps a couple weeks back here as well. :freeze:

The Daytona is definitely sitting in the garage, with the top UP and probably a dead battery...will need to check that.

I need to move South, where the water's warm and the drinks are cold (or maybe just cool). :)

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 1 year later...

The top is definitely up on my Daytona.

10 inches of snow on the ground here so far and Blizzard Conditions through midnight tonight! 

Anyone who lives in South FL ...I'm envious and....I'm coming.

Out I go to shovel. :)  :p

• 3 years later...

Found this topic once again. 10 inches of overnight snowfall here in the Chicago burbs and more coming over the weekend. It is seriously time for a location change, and I do mean to much warmer climates in the south. The Daytona has been garaged now since late October and only gets started up occasionally to blow out the carbon and charge the battery. 

Thankfully i have a Honda snowblower and it is going to get another workout here. These are the times when I wish I lived in SoFl rather than just vacationing there. :)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Found this topic once again. 10 inches of overnight snowfall here in the Chicago burbs and more coming over the weekend. It is seriously time for a location change, and I do mean to much warmer climates in the south. The Daytona has been garaged now since late October and only gets started up occasionally to blow out the carbon and charge the battery. 

Thankfully i have a Honda snowblower and it is going to get another workout here. These are the times when I wish I lived in SoFl rather than just vacationing there. :)

My friend you need to move to Florida. I'm sitting here with all the windows open as it's 81* out and I'm not far from putting on the AC if it weren't for the breeze that's blowing. I'm 45 minutes outside Tampa. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators

I didn't realize you were in Chicago. Can you get a concealed weapons license for that 669? Florida is shall issue and I've had mine for over 20 years. 

Illinois is not the most gun friendly of States. :evil:

9 hours ago, timm525 said:

My friend you need to move to Florida. I'm sitting here with all the windows open as it's 81* out and I'm not far from putting on the AC if it weren't for the breeze that's blowing. I'm 45 minutes outside Tampa. 

It's where I want to be, if I can land something that allows me to travel a high percentage of the time so as to live near a regional airport such as RSW. 

9 hours ago, timm525 said:

I didn't realize you were in Chicago. Can you get a concealed weapons license for that 669? Florida is shall issue and I've had mine for over 20 years. 

Illinois is not the most gun friendly of States. :evil:

I haven't applied as I understand the requirements are very restrictive and time-consuming. I should look into this though. 

After spending 2 and a half hours digging out from nearly a foot of heavy snow yesterday, today's a good day to listen to the Glenn Frey Solo Collection.

35 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

After spending 2 and a half hours digging out from nearly a foot of heavy snow yesterday, today's a good day to listen to the Glenn Frey Solo Collection.

Shoveler’s Blues?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, timm525 said:

What's a shovel? :)

Haha...I've got 4 or 5...can loan you one. :p   One for pushing snow, one for lifting the heavy stuff that the plow compresses at the end of the driveway, and spares for both. 

• Administrators

I only use the real tiny ones to make sand castles with! :D

Those other ones you mentioned seem too big and heavy. I'm on lifting requirements ya know. :)

• Haha 1