Better put the top up on the Daytona!

maynard

• Administrators

I hear ya. I am thinking about a trip to Florida in the near future. Now if Timm will only set up a Tee Time for us.... :):)

Behind me and Tony D. is a pretty nice "pinky up" golf and country club. I've never played but I heard it is very nice. And if you don't like that one, there are hundreds more in the Tampa Bay area for you to play. No snow allowed either!Of course, I don't play. :rolleyes:

Behind me and Tony D. is a pretty nice "pinky up" golf and country club. I've never played but I heard it is very nice. And if you don't like that one' date=' there are hundreds more in the Tampa Bay area for you to play. No snow allowed either!Of course, I don't play. :rolleyes:[/quote'] Sounds great. Anyone in the group play that you know?

• 4 weeks later...

More snow here yesterday and cold..the top is still up and the car is garaged. :thumbsdown:

I had today off...got over a foot of snow here....expecting another 6 inches over night..I will have to go out tomorrow to find out where the top of my car is....:)

I had today off...got over a foot of snow here....expecting another 6 inches over night..I will have to go out tomorrow to find out where the top of my car is....:)

Yuck to snow and cold weather. ;) It just occurred to me I have not started the Daytona since sometime in early November. Think I better do that tomorrow or maybe will have a dead battery to charge. I just hope we get an early spring here because we have had a lot of snow for this time of the year.

hm' date=' maybe... ;)[/quote'] Nope you didn't get me wrong...if you remember now originally what this was about...;);)(I do)

Guest kleine miss jackie
Nope you didn't get me wrong...if you remember now originally what this was about...;);)(I do)
Yep' date=' I still remember what it was about (how could I forget about anyway, hm?) ;)But I'm glad that you're telling me this now... ;):glossy:[/color']

[COLOR=magenta">

Yep' date=' I still remember what it was about (how could I forget about anyway, hm?) ;)But I'm glad that you're telling me this now... ;):glossy:[/color']

Well maybe you should pack your bags then..........;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think putting the top up is going to help....We're supposed to get a blizzard of 12 to 20 inches of snow here in the Chicago burbs over the next 36 hours. According to the news, could be the worst snowfall since 1967. Yikes. :eek:Wonder if I can buy snow tires for the Daytona... :):D:p

I don't think putting the top up is going to help.... We're supposed to get a blizzard of 12 to 20 inches of snow here in the Chicago burbs over the next 36 hours. According to the news' date=' could be the worst snowfall since 1967. Yikes. :eek: Wonder if I can buy snow tires for the Daytona... :):D:p[/quote']They were shutting down the airports in that area when I was leaving work.....Here in Rochester, NY they changed the forcast from 6 to 12 to 12 to 24 inches......If this storm is as bad as they are predicting...We`re all gonna need snow mobiles..Even the best snow tires won`t get my car out of the driveway.....(insert alligator with a big shovel here):):):):)

I forgot to mention we're also supposed to get high winds as an added extra bonus in all of this tomorrow as well. :thumbsdown:This will shutdown all driving and planes throughout the area, probably by tomorrow night. Wish I had a snow mobile or maybe a plow for the other car. ;)So bumping this song to remember warmer days again.....

Sounds like you'll be getting our weather just a day or so later. I forgot to mention we're also supposed to get high winds as an added extra bonus in all of this tomorrow as well. :thumbsdown: This will shutdown all driving throughout the area' date=' probably by tomorrow night. Wish I had a snow mobile or maybe a plow for the other car. ;) I don't think any planes will be coming or going either after tomorrow afternoon.[/quote']I gotta correct myself.......They were cancelling flights.(not closing airports:birdie::birdie::birdie:)I think we`re getting high winds too.I have personally had it with this weather:evil::evil::evil:

I gotta correct myself.......They were cancelling flights.(not closing airports:birdie::birdie::birdie:)I think we`re getting high winds too.I have personally had it with this weather:evil::evil::evil:

Move to California. It'll be warm enough that I'll be wearing a T-shirt at about 3pm.

Blizzard update --for the last few hours we have had strong blowing snow (probably only 4 or 5 inches so far) and drifting but the wind is gusting around 50 to 60 miles per hour. Just blew over all my lawn chairs. Temps around 20F and dropping. Cannot recall a winter like this one here. :evil:We are supposed to get somewhere between 12 and 20 inches by early afternoon tomorrow. I think I need a career in Southern (add your own field) ....... ;)

I feel for you, pals! Although we still have some snow here - 1 or 2 inches - and roads and sidewalks are slippery (my poor bruised bum :p), I still "have to" feed local birds, squirrels and stray cats - but it's getting a bit warmer here, -5 degrees Celsius at night and even 0C now - just checked. I'm so fed up with shovelling snow, snowdrifts, frostbite, short days and my poor old car which goes on strike every now and then... You'd better wrap up! :freeze::freeze::freeze:

We've had a few beautiful sunny days lately with decent temperature, and we didn't even have to worry about those days that are said to be the coldest of the year (in Italy they are January 29, 30 and 31)Now the weather has suddenly changed, with temperatures dropping down to -2°C (28°F) in daytime and -5°C (23°F) at night.The forecast says that it's because of an ice-cold front coming from Central Europe and Russia. :eek:I therefore ask the dear girls Brenda in Central Europe and cheetah + LNGLK in Russia TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE,I'M FREEZING!!! :)

I wish I could help you dear Pandina :cry: I don't know about Russia but in Poland it's quite "warm" now, actually - considering this particular season! The temperature is around 0C (32F) and I've just checked the forecast for the next week; it's going to be even warmer. Still, because of sleet and cold wind it feels as if the temperature was lower... On days like this I usually try to cheer myself up that it could be much, much colder. The lowest temperatures I remember were below -35C (-31F)... Not Miami Vice like ones at all! It's good that I've got plenty of warm blankets and fleece jumpers! :D And my dog is very reluctant to leave her favorite spot under the radiator! :)

Just spent 2 hours trying to clear my driveway and and am about 2/3 done. Had snow drifts of 3 to 4 feet in some places. Essentially, our entire city is shut down today as plows haven't gotten to most streets. I'll have to upload some photos of this blizzard later. I hate snow. :thumbsdown::freeze: