1,000 post festivities

cageyJG

File this where you want, but I propose a new tradition. 1,000 posts, you get 'initiated'. But what could we do?My suggestion, if you're so inclined, is volunteer for a giveaway/contest. Then draw a name at the end and gift goes to the winner. Balloons drop. A few of us are closing in on 1,000; some of us, 2,000.What do you think?

Sounds good to me. Your in charge! :thumbsup:

Hmm, I just hit 1000 posts. Do I win something?? ;);):p (yeah I know, the right to keep posting??):p

Congrats, and did you get a badge promotion? I have a few ideas but there oughta be MV initation rites or something drawn up by the 1,000+ crowd. Like a 1,000 post club certificate p.m.'d to you or something with a fancy seal. "Welcome to the club." Alas, I do not have 1,000 posts, I daresn't speculate too much what it should be or look like. But let me be the first to pat you on the back. When I get 1,000, I'm going to have some crazy giveaway contest.Well, why don't you offer up a few remarks, or something? Speech!

Congrats' date=' and did you get a badge promotion? I have a few ideas but there oughta be MV initation rites or something drawn up by the 1,000+ crowd. Like a 1,000 post club certificate p.m.'d to you or something with a fancy seal. "Welcome to the club." Alas, I do not have 1,000 posts, I daresn't speculate too much what it should be or look like. But let me be the first to pat you on the back. When I get 1,000, I'm going to have some crazy giveaway contest.Well, why don't you offer up a few remarks, or something? Speech![/quote'] Well Cagey I like your enthusiasm and yes it looks like my badge changed a bit. But....I'm not that creative I'm afraid on stuff like this. As to giveaways, that sounds like sharing, and that sounds like a partnership. With a partnership, there comes that awkward moment where I have to say one for me and one for you......:evil:

• Administrators

Yeah, your a Captain now. That means you get all 18 holes of golf in the mornings and an extra cup of coffee for free! Enjoy your new perks! :D

Yeah' date=' your a Captain now. That means you get all 18 holes of golf in the mornings and an extra cup of coffee for free! Enjoy your new perks! :D[/quote'] Thanks man. Think I need a trip to your neck of the woods for that golf game. :p

• Administrators

Yeah. And and orange ball!We are probably the only place without snow on the ground, but your still gonna freeze your a** off!

Don´t want to offend anyone by this, but in my opinion, you shouldn´t be rewarded when you reach 1000 posts. The problem on another page which shall remain nameles, was that too many people posted just to improve their number of posts. I´m not interrsted in that happening here to win a price. I reply when I have something to say, otherwise I remain quiet and read topics of my interest. Just my opinion.

Guest kleine miss jackie
Yeah' date=' your a Captain now. That means you get all 18 holes of golf in the mornings and an extra cup of coffee for free! Enjoy your new perks! :D[/quote']@Sonny-Burnett:you can get your free extra cup of coffee in the :happy: Kaffee-Bar... ;)You should know the way to the coffee-bar meanwhile... :);):tasse:Congratulations again to your promotion! :thumbsup:

@Sonny-Burnett:you can get your free extra cup of coffee in the :happy: Kaffee-Bar... ;)You should know the way to the coffee-bar meanwhile... :);):tasse:Congratulations again to your promotion! :thumbsup:

Why thank you very much for your offer and kind note. I will join you there. I am cold and thirsty for a hot latte. :):)

Gypsy, I remember that and I agree that there's no perfect world, but I also remember things like the old-timers' forum, and in the end we've "crossed the bridges when we've come to them." It's not a race nor a commodity to be earned/bought/traded, just a salute to friends.

Don´t want to offend anyone by this' date=' but in my opinion, you shouldn´t be rewarded when you reach 1000 posts. The problem on another page which shall remain nameles, was that too many people posted just to improve their number of posts. I´m not interested in that happening here to win a price. I reply when I have something to say, otherwise I remain quiet and read topics of my interest. Just my opinion.[/quote']I know what you mean Gypsy (and I wish I could read more of your posts :)) but the thing that I really like about this particular forum is that it is a high quality one. Perhaps I haven't been here long enough to make observations like this but I haven't noticed people "racing" to write as many posts as possible in order to win a prize or at least a higher OCB rank. There is no spam, there are no hideous trolls or nasty arguments. This is really incredible and it makes me come back here almost every night! Thank you, pals, for making this place so special and unique! :clap::flowers:

@Brenda. Thank you I´ll do my best to post more often then. It´s just I don´t feel the need to comment on something that someone else has already covered. I would gladly paticipate with new info if in fact I was the first to do so. But as you stated, this is a high quality site, and you gotta be on your toes to bring the news first. And that proves that people here are dedicated and on their toes which is why the quality is so high. Good work boys and girls

I was shocked :eek: when Cagey told me I was reaching 1000 posts. I hadn't noticed......I just posted when I had something to say or respond to. I thought the 1000 poster was to do something for the site but have no clue as to what? :confused:

It´s just I don´t feel the need to comment on something that someone else has already covered. I would gladly paticipate with new info if in fact I was the first to do so. But as you stated, this is a high quality site, and you gotta be on your toes to bring the news first.

I know what you mean! I like it very much when people post rare photos, interviews, etc. Still, while not everybody has access to such memorabilia, I also really enjoy reading about your thoughts and feelings about the series and that fantastic decade as well as almost anything posted by people here. I like this sense of mutual understanding and sharing ideas between people who will not frown at my "Miami Vice folly". :D:D:D

I thought the 1000 poster was to do something for the site but have no clue as to what? :confused:

Congrats again and - some ideas: adjourn to the kaffee bar and buy everyone a drink - Dedicate a song - Offer a few remarks - Switch out your avatar.Or - Be the 1,000 post honor guardsman and keep track of the next person approaching 1,000 so that you can be his/her "sponsor" and lead off the congrats. Then pass it on!

Guest kleine miss jackie
Congrats again and - some ideas: adjourn to the kaffee bar and buy everyone a drink - Dedicate a song - Offer a few remarks - Switch out your avatar.Or - Be the 1' date='000 post honor guardsman and keep track of the next person approaching 1,000 so that you can be his/her "sponsor" and lead off the congrats. Then pass it on![/quote'] Hey cageyJG, I just really like your great enthusiasm :glossy::thumbsup:

• Administrators

I also remember things like the old-timers' forum

That would be the "Retired Detectives Forum" The idea grew out of a conversation between Stingray and myself and I've never seen anything divide a forum as quickly as that did. It was supposed to be a private forum for the senior members who had been there from the beginning to hang out and chat. It sounded like a good idea at first but before I knew it I was swamped with PMs asking "how come I'm not included?!" It went to hell in a handbasket very quickly and I pulled the plug on the whole thing. A lot of feelings were hurt and we lost some good members because of it.So Cagey, a nice idea, but with all due respect, whenever I read an idea that singles members out and looks to place them in a class above the rest I tend to question it. Perhaps just a nice "congratulations on reaching 1000" post would be more than enough.

Yeah, that was the one (the ret. det. forum)!! I didn't know how/whether to tactfully broach it because I was hoping not to poison the well, but since I got called out earlier, it was an example I wanted to use to say, "I hear ya, lessons learned, I think we're above that kinda thing being a flashpoint." It's a valuable story. But I feel bad (and a bit silly) at the same time that there is an air of caution is present all of a sudden. Look friends, all I'm saying is that I think milestones are cool to look forward to and can we all team up and throw some congrats around.

• Administrators
It's a valuable story. But I feel bad (and a bit silly) at the same time that there is an air of caution is present all of a sudden. Look friends' date=' all I'm saying is that I think milestones are cool to look forward to and can we all team up and throw some congrats around.[/quote'] Well said pal! Don't feel bad. Remember, we were already thrown out of paradise once. I think that "air of caution" guarantees us that we will not repeat past mistakes. We learned from a bad experience and we are bound and determined to never let it happen again. ;)