Portal Layout problems

Mr. Calderon

Well...i know you are doing the best you can to offer a better experience. That´s really good.I dont know the reason, i think you can explain why....but man...stop to keep changing the layout! LOL The layout looks damn good enough for me. Do we need so much bells and whistles?Im having problems with navigation buttons on the site. I use Firefox and Chrome browsers. If i go to a opened thread, down on the screen we have (for instance) "Page 1 of 4 <1><2><3>...<>>" The buttons arent working. I cant pass to the next pages.I love the site the way it is (and keep the new topics on the main page, as i told before!). The colors, the icons, the content its a great site!

I'm having the same problem as....I believe TIMM525 is. I change the banner on the bottom left of the main page to the Christmas Style, and have changed it to the Christmas Style in my settings, but when I move from the main page & come back, it goes back to the banner with Crockett showing his badge.

Mr. Calderone is right TIMM. The "Edit Post" is not there where it should be. Only the "Blog This Post", "Report Post", "Reply With Quote", & Multi-Quote This Message" one are the only ones that are there.I am also having the same problem as Mr. Calderon as far as moving on to the next page while reading a thread....I have to go back up to the page & move to the next page from there.

• Administrators
Its not there' date=' Timm.And the next page buttons as i told before, only works those ones on top of topic page.[/quote']
Mr. Calderone is right TIMM. The "Edit Post" is not there where it should be. Only the "Blog This Post"' date=' "Report Post", "Reply With Quote", & Multi-Quote This Message" one are the only ones that are there.I am also having the same problem as Mr. Calderon as far as moving on to the next page while reading a thread....I have to go back up to the page & move to the next page from there.[/quote']OK, you guys are correct. You can not edit your posts on this forum. I should have checked the forum's permissions first. You should be able to on the others though.I don't know about the banner problem we share.As for the pages only being at the top, is that on all forums or just this one?This has come up before with it only being at the top.What is the OS and browser you are using?

OK' date=' you guys are correct. You can not edit your posts on this forum. I should have checked the forum's permissions first. You should be able to on the others though.As for the pages only being at the top, is that on all forums or just this one?This has come up before with it only being at the top.What is the OS and browser you are using?[/quote']TIMM....I use Mozilla Firefox, or IE..(not sure of the version though), when Mozilla is not working.I have a Windows XP Home Edition on my computer, if this helps at all.What I mean is, when reading a thread, before you could go to the next page at the bottom when you have read the last post, now & at least on my end, I have to scroll to the top of the topic that I am reading and move on to the next page from there.

• Administrators

...I have to scroll to the top of the topic that I am reading and move on to the next page from there.

Yep. I had that problem once before too. I think it was at work with IE 6which has lots of know bugs.Did this just start or has it been like this for a while?Is it on all forums???

Yep. I had that problem once before too. I think it was at work with IE 6which has lots of know bugs.Did this just start or has it been like this for a while?Is it on all forums???

Well, for me, ever since I came back to the Forum I have encountered this problem with having to go to the top of the page & move on to the next page from there. As for the other Forum....I've been away for FAR TOO LONG....What other Forums are there?

• Administrators

...What other Forums are there?

Season Greetings, Welcome Trainees, General, Episode, ... ;)I think we are misunderstanding terms.What I mean is, on this forum, "News & Information" you have to go to the top to change pages. Is it the same on all of the other forums? IE, the ones listed above?You should have the same problem on all of them. (I hope! :eek:)

Season Greetings' date=' Welcome Trainees, General, Episode, ... ;)I think we are misunderstanding terms.What I mean is, on this forum, "News & Information" you have to go to the top to change pages. Is it the same on all of the other forums? IE, the ones listed above?You should have the same problem on all of them. (I hope! :eek:)[/quote']I just got back from checking the other Forums....well some of the ones in the Season's Greetings area....and YES....at least on my end, I still have to go back to the top to move onto the next page of the threads.

• Administrators

OK go to the top left of the screen and you should see the tool bar. Click on "Help". It should be the last one in line. File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help.Then at the bottom of that click on "About Internet Explorer".It will show you the version you are using.

OK go to the top left of the screen and you should see the tool bar. Click on "Help". It should be the last one in line. File' date=' Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help.Then at the bottom of that click on "About Internet Explorer".It will show you the version you are using.[/quote']I'm on Mozilla Firefox now, which seems to be working....THANKFULLY. But will check it when I use IE again. Thanks for the tip though.;)Oh....I also checked for the "Edit Post" area will on the other Forums, it's not available either.But on a GREAT Note....I see ALL the Character pics are back to pics as opposed to links....that's a HUGE plus as I no longer have ANY of those pics.:clap:

• Administrators

Hummm....you don't have an "edit post" button on any of the other forums for your posts? :confused:As for the glossary pics, Caipi did an update that corrected that.

Hummm....you don't have an "edit post" button on any of the other forums for your posts? :confused:As for the glossary pics' date=' Caipi did an update that corrected that.[/quote']Okay....Now I AM "HUMILIATED" beyond belief.:o I just re-checked the other Forums in the Christmas Season Section in which I made a reply & YES....The "Edit Post" option IS there.:thumbsup:I have DEFINITELY been gone for WAY TOO LONG, TIMM....but, at least I can still manage to keep you on your toes, right?

I just got back from checking the other Forums....well some of the ones in the Season's Greetings area....and YES....at least on my end' date=' I still have to go back to the top to move onto the next page of the threads.[/quote']I also have the problem but my navigator is not IE, it is google chrome. My OS is Windows 7.