Miami Vice: "The Complete Collection"

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Good news for everyone who missed out on this album! After being out of print for over 5 years and commanding ridiculous prices everywhere, the album is finally available again by digital download at janhammer.com for $19.98! There are also many tracks available for individual download for .99!Merry Christmas!http://www.janhammer.com/fr_home.cfm

• Like 3

I remember how Jan said that a CD re-issue was not possible. I wonder what deals had to be done to get this to be able to be downloaded from his site? Anyway, for those of you don't have it, and who want it, you can finally have it!! :radio:.....'bout time.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ALSO, the bonus track, SOUTH BEACH (written for MIAMI VICE, but never used), was not on the complete collection, but on another JAN HAMMER CD (THE BEST OF MIAMI VICE), is available for download too!

Yeah' date=' I was one of those who paid a ridiculous price 3 years ago on Ebay for an autographed Hammer copy. :evil:[/quote']That sucks.I was one of the lucky ones and was tipped off by JAN HAMMER's agent (I was on the phone with him when he told me about it, and even sent me a track listing, and a release date before the CD was available.). I was one of the very first to get it, because I knew when it was coming, and yep, I got the autographed version, and quite cheaply when looking at it going for 2-3 hundred dollars on ebay.

That sucks.I was one of the lucky ones and was tipped off by JAN HAMMER's agent (I was on the phone with him when he told me about it' date=' and even sent me a track listing, and a release date before the CD was available.). I was one of the very first to get it, because I knew when it was coming, and yep, I got the autographed version, and quite cheaply when looking at it going for 2-3 hundred dollars on ebay.[/quote'] Nice. Connections do help, definitely. If I could now get my hands on a blazer from the show that would make my day. Maybe someday....And to think I was in Miami at the end of the show but sadly had no money those days.

Nice. Connections do help' date=' definitely. If I could now get my hands on a blazer from the show that would make my day. Maybe someday....And to think I was in Miami at the end of the show but sadly had no money those days.[/quote'] Yeah, well ya know, sh-- happens.

Perhaps this deal was struck when Tim Truman tried to get permission from Universal to sell his score online via iTunes or some other means as I suggested to him on that other MV forum a while back? Maybe he got the rights to do so and Universal told Jan he could do this too? Let's hope so!

Thank You SOOOOO much for the heads-up on this...I've been wanting this for a long time and actually started bidding on these cd's earlier this year and I stopped at $175 as that is where I drew the line. I downloaded this last night and was pleasantly suprised how well it went and was the bargain of the year!! Kinda an early Christmas present to me! Mike..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My Review on the SoundtrackI bought this by PayPal on the official Jan Hammer site, and it was about $20 US.They came with filenames, such as: 1-1--Original-Miami-Vice-Theme.mp3The first 1 is the disc number, 1 or 2. The 2nd 1 is the track number. They're all in 320 kbps. It also came with the Album Cover (For iTunes and Windows Media Player?) and the entire album booklet. Under each song title, they talk about the scene and episode the song was playing at, and Jan's emotions about the song.I was not impressed with the new remixed themes, but I had the older ones so I renamed the new ones. They are a bit different than the album, "THE BEST OF MIAMI VICE". The new, remixed themes are the ORIGINAL MIAMI VICE THEME, CROCKETT'S THEME, and MIAMI VICE THEME.Overall, I give the album a 9/10. :thumbsup:

YES!!This is great news! The seriousness of the show... The mood set by the music... The way you don't expect this genre of music to be serious, but it is! The darkness of the tones; like the weight of the world rests in them. You feel responsible, serious, and you wont take any immaturity when you hear these pieces. He's a one of a kind composer, and it's a one of a kind experience listening to the music. I've been waiting to get a collection this big. Awesome!Just had to let the feelings out. P.S. Just listen to "One Way Out..."

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
7 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Just bought this CD set for $30.00. It rocks! Listening to it now! Wedding is playing as I type this.

Not bad $300

I love "Wedding" :hippie:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

It’s a really comprehensive collection and compliments the other tunes JH released over the years from the Miami Vice soundtrack albums and Snapshots. :hippie::tasse_prost::cheers::dance:

• Administrators

I'ts been a while since I originally posted this so I'd just like to remind everybody that "The Complete Collection"  is available for download on Jan's website for $19.98

https://www.janhammer.com/       Just click on "Gift Shop"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I'ts been a while since I originally posted this so I'd just like to remind everybody that "The Complete Collection"  is available for download on Jan's website for $19.98

https://www.janhammer.com/       Just click on "Gift Shop"

Great info Lou :hippie:

On the one hand, great that this is now available digitally for everyone to get.

On the other, sucks that the price of my CD has dropped by about £200 as a result :D

2 minutes ago, Leigh Burne said:

On the one hand, great that this is now available digitally for everyone to get.

On the other, sucks that the price of my CD has dropped by about £200 as a result :D

Wow that’s a huge drop- yikes.. hopefully we may see this on vinyl next :hippie: