Your favourite Tim Truman scores ???

Joe

Today I posted in our german forum the same question. There are many scores by Tim Truman which are very emotional and deep-going, but non of them are released!:cry:Now I want to know from you which score you like best !!!Tell me the epsiode where it is played and the scene because I can search for it and post it here.The first one which I recorded from my DVDs today, is a special tune from Hostile Takeover when Burnett is at the beach and has a flashback.Especially at 00:22 this track is awesome.Here is the excerpt: http://rapidshare.com/files/438563760/Hostile_Takeover_-_beach_scene.mp3Please tell me your favourite tunes.PS: you don't need an acount for downloading the file. Click "Langsamer Datentransfer" and after a few seconds you can download the excerpt. Unfortunately the page is in german, but it is easy to understand.

• Like 1

Right off the top of my head I think that the reprise version he did for Eric Clapton's "She's Waiting" is one I'd love to have from The Lost Madonna. Hmm. The entire scores from Hostile Takeover & Redemption In Blood, and of course, Freefall are top-notch. Some really good hard-rocking cues in Bad Timing also. I recently started working on 5.1 rips from my DVD's (took me a little while to learn how to do this) of season 5 and listening to the music apart from the episodes has given me a new appreciation for Truman's score.

I really like his (sadly, unreleased) song "Everything's Inside of Me" and many instrumental tracks. At first when I heard his score I was wary as I liked Jan Hammer's tracks so much but now I think he did a great job, too.

• Like 1

I really like his (sadly' date=' unreleased) song "Everything's Inside of Me" and many instrumental tracks.[/quote'] Also a very good track !!:radio::radio:For a long time, I want to cover JH and TT scores on myself, but I´m too busy to learn the right software etc. to do it.

• 3 months later...
Line of Fire" data-date=" Season 5 [video=youtube;CJjGwhHFNow">

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjGwhHFNow

Love this music:happy:

• 4 months later...

My favorite Tim Truman score is "Sonny Can't Remember" from the Season 5 episode "Redemption in Blood".It fits perfect with Sonny walking on the beach having flashbacks and trying to remember who he really is.One of the best scenes and moments from Season 5.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really like Tim Truman's music. While I don't necessarily think it's better than Jan Hammer's stuff, I do think it fits the bleak tone of the final season better than Hammer's music would have. And Truman also composed my favourite ever piece of Vice background music, Helicopter from Line Of Fire. The three songs he composed (Everything Inside Of Me, No Way Out and Help Me Through The Night) are also all excellent. It's too bad the only copies I have of his material are bootlegs.

• Like 1

I really like Tim Truman's music. While I don't necessarily think it's better than Jan Hammer's stuff' date=' I do think it fits the bleak tone of the final season better than Hammer's music would have. And Truman also composed my favourite ever piece of Vice background music, Helicopter from Line Of Fire. The three songs he composed (Everything Inside Of Me, No Way Out and Help Me Through The Night) are also all excellent. It's too bad the only copies I have of his material are bootlegs.[/quote']that's an interesting perspective, and i'd have to say i agree. i always thought that Tim Truman's music fits very well in the mood of season 5. however, the whole thing just seems and feels a bit different with Truman's pieces. i don't know if that's a bad or a good thing, the jury is still out.
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I very much love this one too. Tim made at least 10 masterpieces for Season 5. As time goes I appreciate more and more his work.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 4

While Helicopter and Last Piece are my favorites Truman tracks, this track is has an unsettling tone to it that I really like

• Like 2

I have to admit : Tim Truman's score is really great ... I wasn't easy to come after 

But in the end, for me, the "essence" of Vice is Jan Hammer's musics :thumbsup:

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I have to admit : Tim Truman's score is really great ... I wasn't easy to come after 

But in the end, for me, the "essence" of Vice is Jan Hammer's musics :thumbsup:

Yes I see that, and also think that Jan Hammer's music is more positive VIBE and reflects a better Miami feeling overall. It reflects the glory days if you like.(for me Season 2-3 when the show really got the traction budget wise and story wise)

For season 5 these different, sometimes much harder, darker tunes(like Tim Truman - Set Up) more suitable and they project more like a dusk of an era. Which I also like a lot, its a great presentation for a show that is coming to an end.

Next masterpiece from Tim

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kalci said:

Dependable Greed from 0:00 - 1:45 is painting an awesome picture even when I close my eyes while I listen this, I feel the 80s heat in it.

A good theme , a great Tim Truman sound , the heat and an early 1989 vibe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalci said:

Dependable Greed from 0:00 - 1:45 is painting an awesome picture even when I close my eyes while I listen this, I feel the 80s heat in it.

I did like you and YES ... I feel the vibes too :thumbsup:

• Like 1