Dadrian's Corner

Dadrian

i think i'll come across the prodigal son sounds one day. if i ever get rich i can buy a roland jupiter 8 synth like jan's and i'll have those sounds for sure--and a lot of others!!

• 8 years later...

Hey ,

First off , let me just say I really enjoy your amazing covers . Are there any plans to do any more ? I think I read somewhere that some people on the board were thinking of ripping cues straight from the blurays of the series . Any idea if this is true ? I guess you're sort of the music guy here .

2 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Hey ,

First off , let me just say I really enjoy your amazing covers . Are there any plans to do any more ? I think I read somewhere that some people on the board were thinking of ripping cues straight from the blurays of the series . Any idea if this is true ? I guess you're sort of the music guy here .

Thank you! Yes I do plan to do more. Hit a little snag equipment-wise recently, but I’ll get it straightened out soon, hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

What's um...what's Dadrian's Corner?

“Just what it sounds like, sir.”

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Thank you! Yes I do plan to do more. Hit a little snag equipment-wise recently, but I’ll get it straightened out soon, hopefully. 

“Just what it sounds like, sir.”

Very well then. Sounds like a corner you don't want some two bit gangster getting himself caught in by two ol' detectives...sir.

41 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Very well then. Sounds like a corner you don't want some two bit gangster getting himself caught in by two ol' detectives...sir.

I was quoting Crockett from “Free Verse” answering the poet about “what is a safe house?”

I think Chris or Tim (maybe Lou?) made that part of the forum dedicated to my work on Jan Hammer’s score for the show. I didn’t ask for it, so I didn’t name it, but it was a very nice gesture, and I’ve done my best to make good on it. :thumbsup:

That is exciting news ! Have you given thought to what you most want to do ? I would personally love the hear a complete version of the theme from Out Where The Buses Don't Run from the Stiltsville raid . It's always been one of my favorite . Thanks again for sharing your brilliant work .

• Like 1

That’s great to read. Thank you! Glad you enjoy the music. I have all the sounds to cover that “Stiltsvill Bust” cue. I really like it, too. You certainly aren’t the first person who has asked about it. 

However, I’m in a bit of a rut at the moment because I sold a vital piece of my MV music gear to upgrade to a better, more authentic version of it, which became unavailable as my item sold, so I’m at a standstill until something else comes along at a reasonable price. 

Once this is resolved, everything should start flowing for a new YouTube channel dedicated to Jan’s MV score. 

As promised, you all will be the first to know. 

I'm glad I'm not alone with that . It is one of Jan's most energetic scores for the show . I really love the drum track on it . The shorter version used in the Ocean Club hit goes perfectly with the action that ensues . I'm excited that you're going to be working again , regardless of the " snafu " you've had . Your work , in my opinion , is as riveting as Jan's and just as well crafted . I hear subtle differences in your renditions and some of those differences make the cues more exciting than the originals . I wait with baited breath .

• Thanks 1

Dadrian, I'm more than willing to help you with your YouTube channel devoted to the covers and rips of the score. I can even make YouTube thumbnails and spice up the channel. Check out my YouTube Channel and let me know what you think. There's 177 videos, with over 110,716 views on them as of now. I'm also partnered with YouTube.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Dadrian, I'm more than willing to help you with your YouTube channel devoted to the covers and rips of the score. I can even make YouTube thumbnails and spice up the channel. Check out my YouTube Channel and let me know what you think. There's 177 videos, with over 110,716 views on them as of now. I'm also partnered with YouTube.

Cool! I will definitely be in touch when the time comes. Link to your channel?