Dadrian's Corner

Dadrian

i thought i'd take advantage of my new forum, and give an invite for anyone to post questions or comments about my covers or jan's music here.please don't hesitate with new requests. if i get stumped on which to do next, the more requested ones usually get done (as long as i have the sounds).here's a list of songs i wanna do (in no order):brenda (nobody lives forever), which i'm working on nowyankee dollar teaser and opening credits (two different cues)little miss dangerous (if i ever get the sounds)good collarphil the shill (phil gives sarah a ride from the mall)definitely miami (redo with correct sounds, and make "maria's last dance" its own separate song, as the first cue will be pretty long)florence italyguzman's vibe (evan)the talk (evan version, not dead caitlin version)french twist (redo with correct sounds. this will be longer, as i will include the part of the flute solo when crockett and danielle are in bed).this is all i can think of right now. i'm sure i'm missing some that have been recently discussed.post away!

• Administrators

Hi Dadrian,go on with your great work. I'm excited to see/hear what comes next. I like your covers so far. Really well done. :thumbsup:

Ah well, I can dream........... :D:D:D:rolleyes:here's a list of songs i wanna do (in order):guzman's vibe (evan)brenda (nobody lives forever), which i'm working on nowyankee dollar teaser and opening credits (two different cues)little miss dangerous (if i ever get the sounds)good collarphil the shill (phil gives sarah a ride from the mall)definitely miami (redo with correct sounds, and make "maria's last dance" its own separate song, as the first cue will be pretty long)florence italythe talk (evan version, not dead caitlin version)french twist (redo with correct sounds. this will be longer, as i will include the part of the flute solo when crockett and danielle are in bed).

Guest neworder

If you ever get little miss dangerous sounds, make sure you do death and the lady too, fantastic hammer score in that episode.Did you look into that little piece on amen send money when crockett turns up at bill bobs house + tubbs on phone to weird church girl?SJB

• Administrators

"Diet coke of Jan Hammer"??? :DSorry, Dadrian, but don't hide your light under a bushel! ;)Hey, your section is right next to the one of Jan Hammer and Tim Truman.You're in good company! Did I already told you that I listen to Remission (nearly) daily?Oh yes, I think I did already! :oMy vote will also go for Guzman's vibe!Maybe you should add a poll next time? :dance2:

thanks, ell.a. comments like those really make my day, or even week.as for guzman's vibe, i can't say it will be after "brenda". i'll do phil driving sarah home and yankee dollar teaser before that. problably even "definitely miami" redo, as well. at least those are my plans for now. but don't be discouraged: "brenda" wasn't even on my list at all a month ago, and here i am working away at it.

• 2 weeks later...
If you ever get little miss dangerous sounds' date=' make sure you do death and the lady too, fantastic hammer score in that episode.Did you look into that little piece on amen send money when crockett turns up at bill bobs house + tubbs on phone to weird church girl?SJB[/quote']sorry, i missed this post. if i E V E R find this frickin' sound, i'm gonna cover the heck out of both of these songs, you bet!! i'm really ticked (i guess you can tell) about not being able to find this sound. maybe it will turn up someday. these songs are awesome.
.. you could do this one for us with your covers:"How to play...":dance2::dance2::dance2:
:)

Irsh EyesThe driving scene in Irsh Eyes when Crockett and Tubbs are following Eddie K and Company was a great cue as well as the cue when Crockett meets Eddie K for the first time...(I think I version of this was also played in Florence Italy)....Dadrian, I would love to see u remake those two cues.....

thanks for the request, vice1985. i'm honored to be the object of your first post at .wsthis song has been requested before. it would be very hard to create those drum sounds. maybe i could make some samples from the dvd. i have at least 5 songs ahead of that right now, though. stay tuned, though...i'm always changing my mind. if came across those drum sounds, i have all the rest. that would bump it up signifigantly in terms of priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Either way I look forward to your next piece of Jan Hammer Vice Cues...U are awesome Dadrian...Keep up the good work....

that's very kind. thank you!

What's you're next release Dadrian and when do you rekon I'll have it on my Mp3 player?! :rolleyes:

i'm still set on "brenda" from nobody lives forever. check out the break up scene at the end if you wanna get excited about this music.as for an ETA, i just finished syncing 32mb of audio and video onto my new ipod via usb 1.1(!). yeah, it took about 2 weeks, thus my hiatus. it's great to be back on track, though. i'll start back to work on brenda , and maybe you'll see it by the first of february. i'll keep everyone posted on my progress. it's gonna be a great track.

• 5 months later...

Dadrian - I am going to put in my vote for the opening music piece from "Rock and a Hard Place". This bit is also heard during the tense limo ride for Crockett and Caitlin staring at 23:43. I love this music piece, and hope you will do it.My second choice would be the Hammer piece in "Viking Bikers from Hell" which you know about already, after the opening titles, when the funeral attendees are leaving the church.

Both are good choices.I'd like to hear some good ol action or chase music. Seems I listen to upbeat JAN HAMMER music more.

Dadrian - I am going to put in my vote for the opening music piece from "Rock and a Hard Place". This bit is also heard during the tense limo ride for Crockett and Caitlin staring at 23:43. I love this music piece' date=' and hope you will do it.My second choice would be the Hammer piece in "Viking Bikers from Hell" which you know about already, after the opening titles, when the funeral attendees are leaving the church.[/quote']i like both these songs. i'll probably finish my jan hammer list before i move on to the john petersen/jh stuff, though. as for the viking bikers tune, ferrariman has requested this one also. i still haven't found the main sound for it.thanks for the suggestions!
Both are good choices.I'd like to hear some good ol action or chase music. Seems I listen to upbeat JAN HAMMER music more.
i think the next upbeat one you'll hear will be the other theme from phil the shill (teaser and phil gives sarah a ride in lamborghini).

thanks rich. we finally got moved into our new place, so maybe i can get back to work on the yankee dollar teaser.

• 2 weeks later...

Dadrian your covers are fantastic - Ive put them all on my i-pod. I really like the "Brenda" and "Definately Miami " ones.I was wondering what's next ? May I suggest :The Margaret /Sonny love theme from "Prodigal Son" which is a slow version of the New York Theme used quite extensively in that episode -also used in "The Fix" when Sonny talks to the crooked judge in the Coconut Grove Park.Also The Piece of music used in the Opening Credits of "Free Verse" when the Caddy pulls into the Safehouse / also heard in the teaser of "Walk Alone" and "Yankee Dollar" thats a really lovely piece of music.

thanks rich. we finally got moved into our new place' date=' so maybe i can get back to work on the yankee dollar teaser.[/quote']this was posted just before your question.
Dadrian your covers are fantastic - Ive put them all on my i-pod. I really like the "Brenda" and "Definately Miami " ones.I was wondering what's next ? May I suggest :The Margaret /Sonny love theme from "Prodigal Son" which is a slow version of the New York Theme used quite extensively in that episode -also used in "The Fix" when Sonny talks to the crooked judge in the Coconut Grove Park.Also The Piece of music used in the Opening Credits of "Free Verse" when the Caddy pulls into the Safehouse / also heard in the teaser of "Walk Alone" and "Yankee Dollar" thats a really lovely piece of music.
these are all great suggestions. i don't have the sounds for the prodigal son song. i'll do the free verse thing someday--i do have those sounds. the walk alone teaser is actually a variation of the yankee dollar teaser, which i am currently working on. the only uncovered YD tune will then be the opening credits, which i will do someday, also.thanks so much for the suggestions. i'm glad you enjoy jan's music!!

these are all great suggestions. i don't have the sounds for the prodigal son song. i'll do the free verse thing someday--i do have those sounds. the walk alone teaser is actually a variation of the yankee dollar teaser' date=' which i am currently working on. the only uncovered YD tune will then be the opening credits, which i will do someday, also.thanks so much for the suggestions. i'm glad you enjoy jan's music!![/quote']Thanks , Dadrian , oh the teaser from "Walk Alone" s music is great like a more bluesy variation on the Yankee Dollar teaser/Free Verse Op Credit - so that will be great when you release it.Shame you can't do Prodigal Son one but never mind there's so much great music out there to do.