DJ on Eastbound and down

Beach_Vice

I just heard about this today from my sister who doesn't even know who Don Johnson is. Apparently he's on a show called 'Eastbound and Down.' I don't know any details, except IMDB verified it. I'm guessing it's a guest spot for the actor. Anyone seen it?

This was a little painful to watch.....Sooooooo...This reminds me of the question....There will never be a MV reunion movie beeeeecause?..:birdie::birdie:

I have to admit my feelings were a bit contradictory too... a great contrast to his image MV or NB, and the show isn't my favourite type... but from the other hand, if DJ can believably play both a cool guy and an idiot, isn't it just one more proof that he's a good actor? So I felt kind of hurt and thrilled all at the same time, and rather tend to see it as a funny experiment. Let's wait and see what he is going to do next. :);)

Are you guys kidding ??? Did you watch the whole episode or any other episode in the series ? DJ was great in this. He was very funny and his whole look and manner were perfect for the part that he was playing. Don actually got very good reviews for this. People who are actual fans of the show loved his performance.I think it's his way of doing something different and showing a different side of himself as an actor.I loved it and hope that it opens new doors for him to try and do new types of things in the future.

Okay, I've seen the whole episode... :) And I agree that DJ's acting was great. ;) I just meant that it felt a bit weird looking at him and comparing to Crockett, Nash and other "cool and gorgeous guys" he played. :eek: Speaking of gorgeous, I have to admit that he looked pretty well, at least for his age... and I even couldn't miss the fact how great his legs looked in that ridiculous "shorts and high boots" outfit :o... it was the way he talked and behaved that made me want to close my eyes and crack up at the same time. :D But just like Shoregirl said, it was good for the part.

I'm not sure how to post photos...but if you want 'cool & gorgeous'check out the pictures of Don at the season 2 premiere 'Eastbound & Down' back in Sept/Oct..

Okay' date=' I've seen the whole episode... :) And I agree that DJ's acting was great. ;) I just meant that it felt a bit weird looking at him and comparing to Crockett, Nash and other "cool and gorgeous guys" he played. :eek: Speaking of gorgeous, I have to admit that he looked pretty well, at least for his age... and I even couldn't miss the fact how great his legs looked in that ridiculous "shorts and high boots" outfit :o... it was the way he talked and behaved that made me want to close my eyes and crack up at the same time. :D But just like Shoregirl said, it was good for the part.[/quote']That is what I'm thinking too! At first I thougt "oh my god - no! But than I watch some other clips and read more about this show. And I think DJ is not bad in this other part! :clap:@shoregirl: I love the pictures of Don at the season 2 premiere!!!! :happy::happy:

Are you guys kidding ??? Did you watch the whole episode or any other episode in the series ? DJ was great in this. He was very funny and his whole look and manner were perfect for the part that he was playing. Don actually got very good reviews for this. People who are actual fans of the show loved his performance.I think it's his way of doing something different and showing a different side of himself as an actor.I loved it and hope that it opens new doors for him to try and do new types of things in the future.

I'm not kidding.. and this "ridiculous shorts and high boots outfit" says it all. NB was already lame compared to Vice; then this theater thing in London and now this? Off the chart by miles. What’s next? Soap opera and Ballet? :sick:

Oh, come on... I can see that "Eastbound and Down" may evoke contradictory feelings... but what's so bad about theater? :eek: :confused: DJ's an actor, not a real cop from Miami... :D Why should he play only one and the same part all his life, then?

What made you think he wasn't successful with theater thing? I haven't seen it (wish I did), but read some nice reviews... some bad too, but no one can be liked by anybody, art is subjective. As for other films - IMHO, the success of the show depends on a variety of factors, not only on the starring actor... and if the show is not too successful, because of any reasons, the actor can't become "successful" (apart from it) too. Some people say that the success of "Miami Vice" (and Don Johnson in it) was so huge, that no one could possibly exceed it... I couldn't see it with my own eyes, but from what I've read I rather tend to believe it. (On the other hand, there are people who seriously consider MV a bad and silly show.. can you belive it? :D And they have the right to have their own taste, you know...) Also sometimes when an actor plays a famous character in an outstandingly successful show, the viewing public kind of identifies him with the character, and all later parts are inevitably "less successfuly"... sometimes very much less, unfortunately.

He was an outstanding actor in Vice because his role portrayed himself at that time. That’s why Crockett was “believableâ€.

If I were DJ, I won't consider this a compliment... :D I suppose the actor is considered "outstanding" when he can play a role which is very far from himself, not vice versa. Actually, when asked if he had played himself in MV (not long after the show wrap), DJ said that there were certainly some part of him in Sonny Crockett, and of Crockett in him, but for the rest they were two completely different persons. So he wasn't actually "playing himself".