Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Cool pic!  I'm impressed that you got into one of those buildings for that overhead shot.  That was a heavy scene down on that dock, a conversation between Crockett & Tubbs.

french12.jpg

Yes a great scene - yes you can't get into the Palace or Villa Regina unless you are staying there - I was staying at Villa Regina last week :D

• Like 1

On 20/01/2017 at 0:40 AM, miamijimf said:

Those of you that like a location challenge, where was this scene from The Perez Family filmed?  My guess is SoBe looking at Fisher Island? Thanks.

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

Jim -I was down at South Pointe Park this morning and took these for you :done:

IMG_1085.JPG

• Like 3

Those of you that like a location challenge, where was this scene from The Perez Family filmed?  My guess is SoBe looking at Fisher Island? Thanks.

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

This Evening , Jim

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

• Like 1

Been enjoying Key Biscayne Today with beautiful beaches and a more laid back kind of life than Miami and Miami Beach . 

MV shot quite a lot here in Season 1 and a little at the start of Season 5 that comes to my immediate memory .

Its a lot cleaner than Miami/ beach  and with no bums everywhere! Seems more of a secret too which is always nice ! In fact North Beach at 71st and up as well as Key Biscayne I prefer considerably to Miami Beach now.

:done:

• Like 2

I searched for hours but finally IDd the house in the movie The Perez Family thanks to a member of the Face Book group "We Grew Up in Miami in the 60s and 70s."  She lived nearby and has some interesting stories about the filming.  House at 2701 Columbus Blvd. Coral Gables and banyan trees haven't changed much.  Here is the screencap from the movie and a streetview I captured today.  Also a screencap from across the street and a streetview from today.  Note the distinctive stone fence.  Another good FB group that can be useful is "Miami and S. Fla. Memories."  I enjoy finding sites but unfortunately the only unfound Vice or Burn Notice locations I know about are in my "too hard box."

PDVD_00210.jpg

2701 columbus blvd.JPG

PDVD_00ppo.jpg

Capture6.JPG

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On December 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM, C Glide said:

ok time (really past time) to get this thread active again. We started with the Milk Run drug lab that blows up. We developed some leads but so far not solved. I will call hat cold case #1. Then we had CC2; Ross' house from Golden Triangle 1. We solved that case. Yeah! Cold Case 3 is Biscayne General Merchandise seen in multiple episodes with a street number of 202. CC3 is still open. Now I will introduce CC4:Heart Of Darkness. The rear of what is at least suppose to be (and may be)the restaurant. It is clear to me that it is on the bay but where?In the first picture I am attaching we can see some lights in the far distance (white arrow) some lights much closer but still across the water (blue arrow). Perhaps an island. What appears to me to be a moored boat with rippling water reflections in front of it (pink arrow).AS far as the building goes there is not allot there in my opinion other than the shape and proximity to the shoreline. However with screen captures where I have increased the adaptive lighting someone may recognize something.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I'm sure you already considered this  but I'm going to ask anyway:  Is it possible that this was in the studio parking lot?

• 2 weeks later...

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_002oo.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003kk.jpg

Thankyou Jim on your recommendation and the Miami scenes seen in this 1995 movie my copy arrived this morning ! Looking forward to this one !

IMG_3148.JPG

• Like 1

Ya let me know what you think, has sad and funny parts etc. and is a realistic story based on the experiences of many in Miami today.  Plus Marisa Tomei is amazing.

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Ya let me know what you think, has sad and funny parts etc. and is a realistic story based on the experiences of many in Miami today.  Plus Marisa Tomei is amazing.

Yes Jim of course I'll let you know .

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more seeing the Miami area locations or the beautiful Marisa Tomei :done::fireworks:

Still looks good today IMO at 52, course as a mature i.e. older man now, mature women are starting to look good..

I think we should start a new game:  "Where in the world is Matt5?"  You can post clues and we can guess.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I know the Miami  miscellaneous locations thread disappeared - but thought would post here. A friend of mine on Facebook posted this picture of Bayfront Park , the bandstand and library from 1966. This is where the Intercontinental and Citibank featured in many episodes would be built :hippie:

75712796-2155-4891-9E6D-0CBCFA67F523.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I know the Miami  miscellaneous locations thread disappeared - but thought would post here. A friend of mine on Facebook posted this picture of Bayfront Park , the bandstand and library from 1966. This is where the Intercontinental and Citibank featured in many episodes would be built :hippie:

75712796-2155-4891-9E6D-0CBCFA67F523.jpeg

I remember both the library on the left and the Band Shell.  Those were the days before the reconstruction of Bayfront Park in the 80s when the park was a lovely sub-tropical oasis down town.

10 hours ago, miamijimf said:

I remember both the library on the left and the Band Shell.  Those were the days before the reconstruction of Bayfront Park in the 80s when the park was a lovely sub-tropical oasis down town.

Thankyou Jim for the info - it looks great .

The Intercontinental Hotel and Citibank buildings went up in 1982 I believe - just two years before Miami Vice :hippie:

Here is a Dexter location for you sleuths.  These are screen caps from a short 2006 sequence on Ocean Drive.  They are pretty much in order showing (I think) about the same roadside area.  The first shot is blurry but you can still make out the window/wall treatments.  Where was this sequence shot?

PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_002.jpg

PDVD_004.jpg

PDVD_005.jpg

Edited by miamijimf

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2017 at 12:26 AM, miamijimf said:

Here is a Dexter location for you sleuths.  These are screen caps from a short 2006 sequence on Ocean Drive.  They are pretty much in order showing (I think) about the same roadside area.  The first shot is blurry but you can still make out the window/wall treatments.  Where was this sequence shot?

PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_002.jpg

PDVD_004.jpg

PDVD_005.jpg

No idea on this one , Jim 

This was posted on Facebook yesterday - quite an interesting view of Espanola Way at Drexel Avenue looking to Pennsylvania Ave in 1920 (intersection we see in “The Good Collar” and “Miracle Man”):hippie:

BC04EBC0-6FDC-4BF8-96CC-C2812DA86531.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

No idea on this one , Jim 

I know it's a tough one but thought a Dexter fan might get it.  I think it's the McAlpin from the first scene of the first episode.

Mc Alpin.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I know it's a tough one but thought a Dexter fan might get it.  I think it's the McAlpin from the first scene of the first episode.

Mc Alpin.JPG

Yes Jim looks like it now you mention the McAlpine - with the lighting and green wall :hippie:

Edited by Matt5