Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Is that The Carlyle?

No but you're not that far off.  Vice filmed behind this building in season 5.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Spoiler alert:

Where Crockett shoots Tubbs?

Don’t you mean Burnett? 

Crockett would never shoot Tubbs surely ?! Ha ha :hippie::dance2:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Spoiler alert:

Where Crockett shoots Tubbs?

No sorry Dadrian.  C & T discover a victim on the back stairway of this bldg.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, miamijimf said:

No sorry Dadrian.  C & T discover a victim on the back stairway of this bldg.

Great episode and scene at this hotel :hippie:

On 11/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, miamijimf said:

Where is Dexter?  Shouldn't be too difficult but this was filmed in 2006.

PDVD_0002.jpg

Anyone?  Clues above.  Might require a little street view scanning.  Problem should be in Location Trivia, sorry.

Hey, I'm over 5,000 posts and still a Major.  It didn't take me half this time to get promoted above Major in the Army.  Not a big deal really.

Edited by miamijimf

On 08/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, miamijimf said:

Anyone?  Clues above.  Might require a little street view scanning.  Problem should be in Location Trivia, sorry.

Hey, I'm over 5,000 posts and still a Major.  It didn't take me half this time to get promoted above Major in the Army.  Not a big deal really.

I have the photo from behind this building when it’s answered Jim :hippie:

On 08/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, miamijimf said:

5000 wow! That’s good - I’m also still at Major :hippie:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting book, I've read excerpts.  According to the author PMT lived there.  The original owner had sold out by then but I'll bet it was stll an active place.  Those of you looking for where he lived - this is probably it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/miamis-cocaine-scene-in-the-1970s-80s/

Edited by miamijimf

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 8:41 AM, miamijimf said:

Where is Dexter?  Shouldn't be too difficult but this was filmed in 2006.

Still no solution for this one.  Would just take a little time using Google Earth's Street View.

image.png

On 03/03/2017 at 8:28 PM, miamijimf said:

Ya let me know what you think, has sad and funny parts etc. and is a realistic story based on the experiences of many in Miami today.  Plus Marisa Tomei is amazing.

I watched this movie Jim - enjoyed it a lot , however I’ll go back and check out the locations as I only noticed the stunning Marisa Tomei on first viewing !  :hippie::):happy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I watched this movie Jim - enjoyed it a lot , however I’ll go back and check out the locations as I only noticed the stunning Marisa Tomei on first viewing !  :hippie::):happy:

Good movie with a lot of Miami locations.  See if you can ID this one in Little Havana.

PDVD_003.jpg

@miamijimf Jim - they did'nt shoot as many scenes in Miami as I would have expected - we saw mainly The Orange Bowl, South Pointe Park and Ocean Terrace up in North  Beach("The Maze", "Definately Miami", "Contempt of Court"). This is where they shot on the North end of Ocean Terrace and where the movie ended.:thumbsup:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ocean+Terrace,+Miami+Beach,+FL+33141,+USA/@25.860352,-80.1197866,3a,75y,273.07h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sojG3qFFlYiV7oWGnPyzhYQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b2c29b3531f9:0x971e5eda825cdfe3!8m2!3d25.8596251!4d-80.1197582

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Good movie with a lot of Miami locations.  See if you can ID this one in Little Havana.

PDVD_003.jpg

I saw this and it looked a lot like the cafe we see from behind the counter in the Season 1 "Little Prince " teaser.

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I saw this and it looked a lot like the cafe we see from behind the counter in the Season 1 "Little Prince " teaser.

Good guess but it's the little cafe at the S. corner of 8th St and 14th Ave.  Cafe looks different today.  The Wall of Freedom is just around the corner.  The McDonalds looks different also but is still there, that helped me find it. 

I found 7 major Miami locations in the movie.  If you/or anyone qualified wants a free copy of my book in word or PDF see my latest post at

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Good guess but it's the little cafe at the S. corner of 8th St and 14th Ave.  Cafe looks different today.  The Wall of Freedom is just around the corner.  The McDonalds looks different also but is still there, that helped me find it. 

I found 7 major Miami locations in the movie.  If you/or anyone qualified wants a free copy of my book in word or PDF see my latest post at

This one Jim?!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7657286,-80.2184675,3a,75y,180.12h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0gzvxysRICS3cAxrrzqAxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo, I think from the 70s.  Santa's helpers are a little jealous of his new friend.  About where on Biscayne Bay was Santa's boat located?

25994658_1602175396516001_2292022851146582770_n.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Prison Break, episode "The Sunshine State" from Season 4. Looks like Dodge Island.

MV5BMTYwMDYxMzQzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjQ4

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

On 26/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, miamijimf said:

Here's a photo, I think from the 70s.  Santa's helpers are a little jealous of his new friend.  About where on Biscayne Bay was Santa's boat located?

25994658_1602175396516001_2292022851146582770_n.jpg

Very nice Jim :fireworks::hippie:

58 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

Prison Break, episode "The Sunshine State" from Season 4. Looks like Dodge Island.

MV5BMTYwMDYxMzQzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjQ4

Looks like an enhanced image blown up of the skyline. The location of the background would have the Prison Break team on the old Port of Miami bridge going to Dodge Is.!:hippie::)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another angle of South Pointe Park, Miami Beach (at sunset) as we see in the enjoyable 1985 movie “The Perez Family”:cheers:

DB39D12A-23C6-470E-8AE8-8447E967AA5A.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1