Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

In the other unknown, there are parking meters. How far from Downtown do meters stop? I found a site very similar with an almost identical abandoned building, but it's just not quite the same. http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=c&cbll=25.776834,-80.201126&panoid=u-dc61x1VBVU82xA0nK5NA&cbp=12,315.37,,0,-4.99&ll=25.776837,-80.201015&spn=0.001011,0.001742&z=20

I would say you found it. Great work. I will watch the ep. again tomorrow to verify 100% if I can but everything (almost) matches up. IMO it is the place.:thumbsup:

Well done beach_vice! I was going crosseyed looking at those streets. Do you have another one for us, Charlie?

It was very interestig to follow your hunt. I checked and I must say: well done, beach_vice! Congrats! For me, that´s a winner. Minor deviations (colors) are due to time. Everything else fits.

It definitely looks like the river area. Downtown looks really different near the river now though. There are other areas, and I don't know where the parking meters are. I tried following the big powerlines, and came to a couple areas that are similar, but those building elude me. Also, since there was a lot of photography at the airport, I figured they probably found a spot near KMIA to shoot the scene. Idk, I re watched the scene, and one cop car is a ways down a hill on the perpendicular street, so that implies water edge. I'll just have to keep looking.

Here is another one that I have not been able to find. It appears in several episodes, Give A Little, Take A Little, and Little Prince but the best view is in Florence Italy. Biscayne General Merchandise. The street number is 202. It looks ike downtown Miami but I have not been able to find it. Anyone know where it was? There is 1) a stair case visible leading out to the street to the right of the store. Very rare in Miami.2) It is on a street corner and at least the street the camera is on is one way headed to the screen's right.3) The side that is hard to see (left) has an overhang of about 7 feet.4) number is 202 on the sign if it is a real signLets see what the team can come up with.Eingefügtes Bild

4) number is 202 on the sign if it is a real signLets see what the team can come up with.Eingefügtes Bild

If the sign is real, the telephone number is likely to be real too. (though you can see only part of it)Maybe you can find an old telephone book (in a library for instance) and check the name of the store and its telephone number? ---> and find its address

If the sign is real' date=' the telephone number is likely to be real too. (though you can see only part of it)Maybe you can find an old telephone book (in a library for instance) and check the name of the store and its telephone number? ---> and find its address[/quote'] Great idea, but I already tried it. I did a reverse number look up for all 100 different numbers it could be(2 unseen digits). Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada Nothing. I also tried Sunbiz.org which is the State of Florida's web site for checking on a business. You can look any company up by name and see their annual reports, officers names and addresses etc. No luck there either.

Here is another one that I have not been able to find. It appears in several episodes" data-date=" Give A Little, Take A Little, and Little Prince but the best view is in Florence Italy. Biscayne General Merchandise. The street number is 202. It looks ike downtown Miami but I have not been able to find it. Anyone know where it was? There is 1) a stair case visible leading out to the street to the right of the store. Very rare in Miami.2) It is on a street corner and at least the street the camera is on is one way headed to the screen">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpe5eae503.png

As a kid I remember kind of sleazy "discount" type street side places like that in downtown Miami. I think they were South of Flagler in the neighborhood of SE 2d and 3d Avenues. On satellite it looks like those blocks have changed drastically due to new construction. I know that doesn't help but it's what I remember.

When you look at the teaser of Florence Italy, you can see after aprox. 6 seconds a different shot of the corner. Looking into the street on the left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3948[/ATTACH]

We can see this footage in Give a Little, Take A Little & Little Prince. It seems to be store on a corner somewhere in Downtown Miami. :rolleyes:

If the sign was real it should be an easy find. At least one of the "streets" is one way, it is on a corner 2 blocks from either Miami Ave or Flagler Street, and it has an even numbered address to narrow down which side of the "street" it is on. I still can't find it.

202 Biscayne Blvd is at a location they built a new tower in 2007. The addresses are numbered differently than the other streets there, meaning the 200 block should in reality be the 400 block. I've been looking for older pics, but can't find a single one. If the sign means Key Biscayne, then I have to look out there... Where were the 'strolls' back then?Could be up by Biscayne and 36th. I read the strip clubs are out that way. That should be an area to scan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3948[/ATTACH]

Looking at bommko's screen capture, can anyone make the background lighter? There seem to be buildings to the left that may help ... although they've probably been demolished by now :cry:I'll have a look through the list of sites I've got together to see if they have any old pics of that area.

202 Biscayne Blvd is at a location they built a new tower in 2007. The addresses are numbered differently than the other streets there' date=' meaning the 200 block should in reality be the 400 block. I've been looking for older pics, but can't find a single one. If the sign means Key Biscayne, then I have to look out there... Where were the 'strolls' back then?Could be up by Biscayne and 36th. I read the strip clubs are out that way. That should be an area to scan.[/quote'] ??? 202 Biscayne Blvd. is the S.E. Financial Center, This was built when they filmed this episode. We know this for sure because it is seen in the background twice while they chase the Porsche and almost all of the motorcycle race was filmed inside it's parking garage. This location was not at 202 Biscayne Blvd."The addresses are numbered differently than the other streets there, meaning the 200 block should in reality be the 400 block." This confuses me, I know of nowhere in South Florida where the street addresses do not match the block they are on.Re: Key Biscayne, there is nothing on Key Biscayne like this.

??? 202 Biscayne Blvd. is the S.E. Financial Center' date=' This was built when they filmed this episode. We know this for sure because it is seen in the background twice while they chase the Porsche and almost all of the motorcycle race was filmed inside it's parking garage. This location was not at 202 Biscayne Blvd."The addresses are numbered differently than the other streets there, meaning the 200 block should in reality be the 400 block." This confuses me, I know of nowhere in South Florida where the street addresses do not match the block they are on.Re: Key Biscayne, there is nothing on Key Biscayne like this.[/color']

Yeah, that was stupid. When I looked after reading your reply, I was wrong. I must have been tired. Anyone reading can ignore that post I made.

Well, upon re looking, it's definitely not looking down NE 2nd st or SE 3rd st off of Biscayne Blvd. I'm not sure where to look anymore.

Two screen captures of side street where I increased the adaptive lighting.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Thanks, Charlie.I had a thought: you always say to look at the "street furniture" (lamps etc) and I was wondering whether the fire hydrant on the left would remain if the building was knocked down therefore possibly still there on the sidewalk today ... or would a different fire system have been put in? (I'm from England so it's not within my realm of knowledge!!)

Thanks' date=' Charlie.I had a thought: you always say to look at the "street furniture" (lamps etc) and I was wondering whether the fire hydrant on the left would remain if the building was knocked down therefore possibly still there on the sidewalk today ... or would a different fire system have been put in? (I'm from England so it's not within my realm of knowledge!!)[/quote'] Fire hydrants normally remain even when there is construction in the area but it is not an absolute. If they are old they are sometimes replaced with a newer version but in the exact same location to save allot of work and money. Sometimes in a large scale construction project they will be moved from the sidewalk to the exterior wall of the new building. I did note that the hydrant was all yellow except the caps/covers. The painting design of a hydrant is usually an area or municipal thing but I did not recognize this pattern. My guess is 90% likely the hydrant would still be there.

How about those red lights in the distance. They'd either be on a radio tower or a crane. Seeing as the footage is in the first season, there would have to be a crane there in 1984. Or if it's a radio tower, maybe a local tv or radio station. I haven't seen any radio towers in Google street view yet, but I'm looking. The fire hydrant, and the drain on the sidewalk right next to it could be a good way to narrow it down.

Fire hydrants normally remain even when there is construction in the area but it is not an absolute. If they are old they are sometimes replaced with a newer version but in the exact same location to save allot of work and money. Sometimes in a large scale construction project they will be moved from the sidewalk to the exterior wall of the new building. I did note that the hydrant was all yellow except the caps/covers. The painting design of a hydrant is usually an area or municipal thing but I did not recognize this pattern. My guess is 90% likely the hydrant would still be there.[/SIZE">
I was on google maps' street view last night looking at the paving stones' pattern on street corners where there is a fire hydrant and I found two possible matches around 2nd street in downtown Miami - see below. All the areas around Miami seem to now have the same coloured hydrants ie all yellow.I was wondering whether any eps showed the store from another angle' date=' i.e. not shown straight on or to the right of the screen, because then we might see more of the neighbourhood.(Sorry about the uncropped screen caps but I've done this at work!!)[ATTACH=CONFIG']4010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4011[/ATTACH]

post-178-13892963668074_thumb.jpg

post-178-1389296366828_thumb.jpg

4010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4011[/ATTACH]

OK I just took a look at your second attachment, 2nd St. and 2nd Ave. I went on GE and took another look at this intersection. The number 202 would have to have been either on the south side of 2nd St. east of 2nd Ave. or on the west side of 2nd Ave. south of 2nd St. The 2nd Street address at first look showed promise if the used a reverse image (which they did not) but then there is a vacant lot across the street where there were two buildings in the scene. When the chase goes around the corner of 2nd Street onto 3rd Ave we see that this was a vacant lot even back in Vice days when they filmed this ep. So, I believe we can rule this intersection out.