Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

A very hot lead I would say given the number of matching arguments...

We now need to check whether the background and the huge space behind Crockett's car matches with our new assumption. As far as I remember we suspected originally that the background could be a causeway which would rule out the Payback house. 

• 3 months later...

It is very hard for me to join this part of the forum because I live in The Netherlands. I have google earth though an Google maps, so sometimes I am in Miami.  I can not spend so much time sleuthing however. I did find, ant posted, DJ's house on Star Island (years ago now), I think it was still on .org. Later I found DJ's house in Santa Barbara, for sale now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

C Glide wrote on Made For Each Other page:

Then we see the crew loading the trunk of a car with electronics.  Location unknown.

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpf35de5

I think it's the same place used in Cool Runnin' when Crockett & Tubbs busted Noogie. Filmed at Greenwich Studios in studio D. What do you think?

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0c8cc7

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

Likely the studio but not the same spot. Can't place it in any of the stages but there was a building torn down after Vice before my first tour 20+ years later.

On April 9, 2014 at 0:26 AM, C Glide said:

Time for a new case. I did some work on Redemption In Blood today and There is a good unknown case. Burnett's place. The house is on the water and little is seen out the windows but I believe there are still plenty of clues to track it down. Some clues I noticed: The rear of the house looks out onto a relatively wide section of bay before we see the next piece of land, at least wider than most canals and most likely we are viewing West, SW. I say that because I am betting it was filmed in the afternoon and in the final scene the sun is lower and reflecting off the water into the house. There is an end of land most likely the end of an Island but possibly a peninsula seen at a couple points out the bedroom window. Burnett's house is opposite that Island about 4 lots from the end. There is a circular staircase outside the bedroom on the exterior of the house. My bet is that it goes up to a rooftop sky garden as most houses in the area are only two floors. The third floor or roof extends further out than the second floor at the rear of the house and distinct support columns are seen. The pool looks uniquely shaped  (little we see of it)  with angles. The house does not appear to be wide which may indicate, smaller, narrower lots. When El Gato opens the door at the end and is jumped by the cat, they make it seem like he is opening the door to another room, but to me it clearly looks like the front door. Double wide, near stairs, and an alarm pad just inside. There is what looks like an out building of sorts like the one we see on Sunset Island where we see them fight dogs. See pictures below. I took about an hour scan but did not see anything yet. Happy hunting...

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

I searched from Coral Gables up to Bay Harbor but could not find it.  It seems like we should be able to locate this.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, airtommy said:

I searched from Coral Gables up to Bay Harbor but could not find it.  It seems like we should be able to locate this.  

After a long time of spending time away from location sleuthing due to family problems, I have recently printed out my Vice location shots which I've taken over 6 visits to put into an album (fed up of leaving them on my hard drive) Having read through Charlie Glide's site several times to place my less obvious shots and using Google maps, I am back in the mood for re-joining the quest. Apart from the Redemption case, are there any other outstanding ones? Thanks :) 

• Like 2

Hi Sue, As Victor Laszlo said to Rick in Casablanca, "Welcome back to the fight."  Hope everything is cool now.  The only other unsolved case that comes to mind is what is supposed to be (and may be) the back of the restaurant in Heart of Darkness.  It looks like it is on the bay, but where?  There are not that many unsolved cases in Vice.  As you know detectives have searched for most of those remaining cases for years.  Amazingly a few are still being found.  Burn Notice still has quite a few unknowns.  I'm working on filming spots in a Home Box Office subscription cable TV show called Ballers, filmed in Miami, in its second season.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CarolineUK said:

After a long time of spending time away from location sleuthing due to family problems, I have recently printed out my Vice location shots which I've taken over 6 visits to put into an album (fed up of leaving them on my hard drive) Having read through Charlie Glide's site several times to place my less obvious shots and using Google maps, I am back in the mood for re-joining the quest. Apart from the Redemption case, are there any other outstanding ones? Thanks 

Welcome back!  I think these are the remaining Cold Cases:

• CC4  Heart of Darkness - outside the restaurant
  • CC5  Heart of Darkness - exterior Blue Dolphin
  • CC8 - Made For Each Other - Zito's house
  • CC9 - Rites of Passage - party house
  • CC10 - The Great McCarthy - Vanessa's house
  • CC12 - One Way Ticket - horse ranch
  • CC14 - The Home Invaders - Goldman house
  • Redemption in Blood - Burnett's house

• Like 1

20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Hi Sue, As Victor Laszlo said to Rick in Casablanca, "Welcome back to the fight."  Hope everything is cool now.  The only other unsolved case that comes to mind is what is supposed to be (and may be) the back of the restaurant in Heart of Darkness.  It looks like it is on the bay, but where?  There are not that many unsolved cases in Vice.  As you know detectives have searched for most of those remaining cases for years.  Amazingly a few are still being found.  Burn Notice still has quite a few unknowns.  I'm working on filming spots in a Home Box Office subscription cable TV show called Ballers, filmed in Miami, in its second season.

Jim - would say " Magic City" is worth checking out for Miami locations ?!

The show only ran for 2 seasons (16 episodes) but noticed they did some filming at the  Deauville Resort up at 6701 Collins near our Carillion from MV ( "One Eyed Jack " & "Buddies" )

:D:dance2:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

vor 18 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Welcome back!  I think these are the remaining Cold Cases:

• CC4  Heart of Darkness - outside the restaurant
  • CC5  Heart of Darkness - exterior Blue Dolphin
  • CC8 - Made For Each Other - Zito's house
  • CC9 - Rites of Passage - party house
  • CC10 - The Great McCarthy - Vanessa's house
  • CC12 - One Way Ticket - horse ranch
  • CC14 - The Home Invaders - Goldman house
  • Redemption in Blood - Burnett's house

Sorry to object, your honor: Vanessa's house was found, at least at 90 %prob with similar reddish tile driveway, it is at Harbor point close to mc Carthy's house. 

There are many more unfound lcations, e.g. Most of the houses in Love at first sight, Cook's house in Blood and Roses, Ross house in Miami Squeeze, Soliz house in Jack of all trades, house in teaserof Deliver us from evil and several more. Thus, lots of work left although in total we have done a great job in identifying 90% of all locations overall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah we drove by that house last May (and McCarthys). It was a good day!

You drove past Vanessas and McCarthy's ?!

Did you get any pics?!

Where on Harbor Point is Vanessa's driveway I must have missed that post?:D:dance2:

Magic City

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Jim - would say " Magic City" is worth checking out for Miami locations ?!

The show only ran for 2 seasons (16 episodes) but noticed they did some filming at the  Deauville Resort up at 6701 Collins near our Carillion from MV ( "One Eyed Jack " & "Buddies" )

:D:dance2:

Matt, thanks for the reminder about Magic City.  As you wrote it only lasted for two seasons.  I'll check it again but if I remember right it didn't have many interesting locations.  At least at this point, Ballers seems to be more popular and destined to run for numerous seasons.

On 9/14/2016 at 6:21 PM, Tom said:

Sorry to object, your honor: Vanessa's house was found, at least at 90% prob with similar reddish tile driveway, it is at Harbor point close to McCarthy's house. 

Wow, I totally missed CGlide's post with a link to some photos of the house:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12665-episode-8-the-great-mccarthy/&do=findComment&comment=198887

wp8cea15cf.png

Great_Mc12.png

That driveway is a perfect match.  I agree the evidence is overwhelming!  Arguments in favor of this house:

1. convenience for filming - it's very close to the yacht club and McCarthy's house
  2. matching shape and uncommon red color of driveway with exact same tile pattern
  3. to the right of the doorway: curved wall for staircase
  4. to the left of the doorway: flat wall perpendicular to doors
Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Brilliant ! I missed it to 

So it's 20 Harbor Point . ?!

Whats access like down there ?:):D

Last time I was there the street had an ominous little sign like "private drive" but it isn't gated.

10 hours ago, airtommy said:

Last time I was there the street had an ominous little sign like "private drive" but it isn't gated.

I look forward to seeing that location right next to McCarthys house ( Payback/ Trust Fund Pirates):D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I look forward to seeing that location right next to McCarthys house ( Payback/ Trust Fund Pirates):D

Planning a trip to Mijami?