Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

16 hours ago, miamijimf said:

No steps in front of the Anchor and the entrance is different.  The size of the hotel and the style says Miami but this is such an old pic the location may never be found.

Possibly Jim - or it’s been demolished like so many others 

• 1 month later...

This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.  An "A" rated horror movie, very popular.  A lot was filmed at Jimbo's and the diver who played the Creature Ricou Browning.  He became president of Ivan Tors' Florida studios.

29468673_1749393935107582_8802127464143781888_n.jpg

creature of the black logoon filmed at Jimbos.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.  An "A" rated horror movie, very popular.  A lot was filmed at Jimbo's.

29468673_1749393935107582_8802127464143781888_n.jpg

Great Jim :dance2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:11 AM, miamijimf said:

Here is a WWII photo that I'm pretty sure was taken in Miami Beach because my Dad attended an electronics course on the Beach.   Many of the Ocean Drive and Collins Ave hotels were taken over for billeting and mess halls by the military.  Any idea about where this serviceman is standing? 

Scanoooo2.jpg

Hi Jim

I have looked through the books I have on Deco and haven't found anything that matches. I reckon it might have been one of the hotels south of 5th - not many pictures were taken of those ones, but I will carry on looking. 

Sue

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CarolineUK said:

Hi Jim

I have looked through the books I have on Deco and haven't found anything that matches. I reckon it might have been one of the hotels south of 5th - not many pictures were taken of those ones, but I will carry on looking. 

Sue

Thanks very much for looking Sue.

Matt -Thanks, let me know if I have missed anything.  My intent is not to capture all Vice locations but those that are significant due to its reflection of culture, history, importance to the area, or unique architecture.  For info see my post last Fri at

19 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Matt -Thanks, let me know if I have missed anything.  My intent is not to capture all Vice locations but those that are significant due to its reflection of culture, history, importance to the area, or unique architecture.  For info see my post last Fri at

I will be spending some time looking through your ebook this week Jim and will get back to you. I’m planning my trip to Florida:hippie:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here's an unknown location that I've looked for many times in Give a Little, Take a Little.  It's a park? where C and T meet with Trick Baby and Noogie.  It makes me think of Calle Ocho.  For one thing, it is one of the first areas to put up wall murals, had a lot of small cafes etc.  Maybe someone with Blue-Ray could pick up a clue I've missed.

a park where C and T meet with Trick Baby and Noogie.png

20 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Here's an unknown location that I've looked for many times in Give a Little, Take a Little.  It's a park? where C and T meet with Trick Baby and Noogie.  It makes me think of Calle Ocho.  For one thing, it is one of the first areas to put up wall murals, had a lot of small cafes etc.  Maybe someone with Blue-Ray could pick up a clue I've missed.

a park where C and T meet with Trick Baby and Noogie.png

I took some screen captures a while ago and brightened them up.  That often reveals details.  In this case it revealed nothing. 

• 2 months later...

blue ray is a good idea. I have not done that yet. I have spent a lot of time in the past trying to figure this out including lightning the shadows. It does look like Calle Oho but my gut has made my 1st choice a small park that use to be along Washington Ave. MB.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This was posted in the gallery and Matt5 was wondering what ep it's from and where it was shot.

Possibly Indian Creek north of 63rd.  Landscaping is very well manicured.  Maybe Alton Rd next to the golf course?  Collins Ave at Collins Park?

largetestarossa1.thumb.jpg.f7134ece6c284112184ffe9375d02462.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:45 AM, airtommy said:

This was posted in the gallery and Matt5 was wondering what ep it's from and where it was shot.

Possibly Indian Creek north of 63rd.  Landscaping is very well manicured.  Maybe Alton Rd next to the golf course?  Collins Ave at Collins Park?

largetestarossa1.thumb.jpg.f7134ece6c284112184ffe9375d02462.jpg

Found on the ground- posted in Miami Misc!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found this 1950s pic of a building, still there, that is now the Bank of America Financial Center at the corner of Washington Ave and Lincoln Rd Mall.  Thought for sure I had seen it in Vice and it would make a good Level 1 Trivia Question.  But now I can't find it in Vice.  Does it appear in Vice, if so what episode?  Thanks.

1632740262_washingonandlincolnseeCalderonsreturn1.jpg.4651e5ab0a4735c4ac02cf04da63713b.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Found this 1950s pic of a building, still there, that is now the Bank of America Financial Center at the corner of Washington Ave and Lincoln Rd Mall.  Thought for sure I had seen it in Vice and it would make a good Level 1 Trivia Question.  But now I can't find it in Vice.  Does it appear in Vice, if so what episode?  Thanks.

1632740262_washingonandlincolnseeCalderonsreturn1.jpg.4651e5ab0a4735c4ac02cf04da63713b.jpg

I don’t think we get a full on look at in Miami Vice - but we do see the 1950s building in the background at the beginning of the teaser in Season 3s “Everybody’s In Showbiz” as well as in the background from the Royal Palm Hotel in Season 5s “Victims of Circumstance”. 

Edited by Matt5

48 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

What about in "The Cell Within" when the guy runs out of the Sterling building and Switek tails him?  Don't we get a view looking eastward along Lincoln Ln?

Thanks Matt and airtommy but I looked at all the spots you mentioned and didn't see it.  I kind of expected to see it in Hit List or No Exit but didn't see it there either. ?(

Edited by miamijimf

20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Thanks Matt and airtommy but I looked at all the spots you mentioned and didn't see it.  I kind of expected to see it in Hit List or No Exit but didn't see it there either. ?(

You can see the building just in “Everybody’s in Showbiz” in the teaser at nite and just in “Victims of Circumstance” I’ll see if I can get a still for you from that episode in the next few days. No you’re right you don’t see it in “Hit List” or “No Exit” aka Three Eyed Turtle. 

• Like 1

This was sent to me today. A Nice current day picture of Miami Marine Stadium. (“Yankee Dollar”, “ Definately Miami” and “Baseballs of Death”). Doesn’t it look like the area we see behind Izzy in “The Big Thaw” but that was No Name Harbor in Key Biscayne.

DA4048C9-178D-47A7-A0F4-BF7D12D0DCD5.jpeg

• Like 2

Where was this aerial shot taken?  My thinking is above San Marino Island, one of the Venetian Islands along the Venetian Causeway.  The background does not look real somehow.  It's at 3:35 on Burn Notice season 7, Psychological Warfare.  CGlide just published this episode on his great web site but he does not mention this aerial shot.

Capture00.JPG.454e9d1c7dcd02ac8a7ed3cbe774c3db.JPG

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Where was this aerial shot taken?  My thinking is above San Marino Island, one of the Venetian Islands along the Venetian Causeway.  The background does not look real somehow.  It's at 3:35 on Burn Notice season 7, Psychological Warfare.  CGlide just published this episode on his great web site but he does not mention this aerial shot.

Interesting shot Jim it is the San Marino Islands and the house I circled I recognised from a drive scene in Season 3s “Shadow In the Dark” when Crockett and Tubbs Drive past it.  I’ve highlighted the map for you the exact location of this shot. The blue circle being the house we see in Miami Vice.

My thought was originally the same as you for the background but it would appear to match up on the foreground on google maps like the on photo you posted. 

48CEC8F1-C3E3-47B0-B170-98A8369083F8.jpeg

DEFEB200-D8FE-43E3-BC38-D0B75CAE71B5.jpeg

B15AA6F3-ABF9-412A-AC89-3A85A1F0E516.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, miamijimf said:

It does look fake because the lighting is so odd.  I think that's just because at that moment it happened to be sunny in some areas and cloudy/stormy in others.  Just a fluke of the weather.  I'm surprised they took the photo on such a day.