Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Here's a more recent pic of the same location from a different angle.  The background looks normal here.

702193043_D1oquDKXgAAghoR.jpglarge.jpg.1508cead9a40e2cf8bee4df2538ef054.jpg

Looks beautiful!

• 1 month later...

This has been posted before it’s a behind the scenes shot from the filming of “The Dutch Oven” from the end of March 1985. 

I suspect this is on Harding Avenue in Surfside just south of Bal Harbour shops and 96th St/ Kane Concourse (Trudy Walk).

32B1618E-E973-451A-BFC1-B7CB7A86547B.jpeg

ABA3C7E8-140B-4050-AA61-72D15791B5FB.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This has been posted before it’s a behind the scenes shot from the filming of “The Dutch Oven” from the end of March 1985. 

I suspect this is on Harding Avenue in Surfside just south of Bal Harbour shops and 96th St/ Kane Concourse (Trudy Walk).

I don't see anything that matches the gap between the buildings that's filled with bushes.  I looked on 96th and Harding.  It does feel like that area, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 9:26 PM, Matt5 said:

This is from “Sons and Lovers” outside 101 Ocean Drive looking north?

That's the outfit Crockett wears in the Buddies scene down there at the 100 block of Ocean Drive.  But those buildings in the background don't match up at all.  Maybe this is an outtake?

Here is a shot from the Buddies scene showing his outfit:

buddies.png.df054f5f2fe8b7d661d5e7419d54c255.png

Edited by airtommy

On 4/30/2019 at 1:10 AM, airtommy said:

Found it!  The camera is about at Ocean & 2nd looking southward. The brick building is 158 Ocean.  The building in the top left is the CEntury at 140 Ocean.

https://goo.gl/maps/Xz9UoGVYRP9omMu56

Really interesting when I’m next down at Southpointe I’ll get a shot for us.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, airtommy said:

That's the outfit Crockett wears in the Buddies scene down there at the 100 block of Ocean Drive.  But those buildings in the background don't match up at all.  Maybe this is an outtake?

buddies.png.df054f5f2fe8b7d661d5e7419d54c255.png

Not an outtake. Take a look at Tony Rome with Frank Sinatra. Good movie based in Miami and this location was used extensively. Great viewing of area and many Vice locations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, C Glide said:

Not an outtake. Take a look at Tony Rome with Frank Sinatra. Good movie based in Miami and this location was used extensively. Great viewing of area and many Vice locations.

The best.

• 2 months later...

Thought it would be good to post a list of still unknown major locations (only a few compared to total amount of all locations used-I would estimate we have found 95% already, most missing in S3-5).

My Top13 mystery list (no special order)

1. funeral scene Zito (SoBe Hotel?)

2. House of Espinoza in The Savage

3. Realtor home for Sonny and Caitlin in Rising sun of death

4. Crockett’s/Caitlin’s home in Love at first sight/Rock and a hard place (two different houses?)

5. Video Dating club in Love at First sight (several other unknown locations in this ep!)

6. final scene in Vote of confidence (house with pool)

7. Cook‘s house in Blood and Roses

8. Crockett’s Villa in Redemption in blood

9. teaser villa in Deliver is from evil

10. Soliz villa in Jackbof all trades

11. Ross‘ home in Miami Squeeze

12. Yvonne‘ Home (exterior) in Too much Too late

13. Home of Lombard’s son in World of trouble 

• Like 3

It looks like they used the same house on Virginia Key for Ryan's house in Glades and the shack where Stone was tortured by O'Hara.

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpc70622

wp0_wp0_wp0_wpc182d7d7.png

By the way, could it be the house where Tammy Bramlette was holding in Glades? 

ApNpXGa.png

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp19619f

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 3

On 9/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, Tom said:

Thought it would be good to post a list of still unknown major locations (only a few compared to total amount of all locations used-I would estimate we have found 95% already, most missing in S3-5).

My Top13 mystery list (no special order)

1. funeral scene Zito (SoBe Hotel?)

2. House of Espinoza in The Savage

3. Realtor home for Sonny and Caitlin in Rising sun of death

4. Crockett’s/Caitlin’s home in Love at first sight/Rock and a hard place (two different houses?)

5. Video Dating club in Love at First sight (several other unknown locations in this ep!)

6. final scene in Vote of confidence (house with pool)

7. Cook‘s house in Blood and Roses

8. Crockett’s Villa in Redemption in blood

9. teaser villa in Deliver is from evil

10. Soliz villa in Jackbof all trades

11. Ross‘ home in Miami Squeeze

12. Yvonne‘ Home (exterior) in Too much Too late

13. Home of Lombard’s son in World of trouble 

Good list I would like to add the ‘Consulate’ colored building we see in Rites of Passage and three years later in Rock and a Hard Place .Secondly the night meet with Calderone and the two dirty agents in “Sons and Lovers”. (On the water). Thirdly Caroline’s house Crockett visits in Season 4s “Child’s Play”.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 4:38 AM, miamijimf said:

Does the Colony Theater, 1040 Lincoln Rd appear anywhere in Vice?  I've already looked at the Lincoln Rd. shots on Hit List.

Only in that episode I believe Jim.

A great shot of all of the Miamarina circa 1983 just a year before Miami Vice was filmed. Notice the Wachovia/SE financial building nearing completion and the Citi Bank/ Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin just completed in 1982. :cheers:

Posted now in Miami Miscellaneous :D

Edited by Matt5

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

A great shot of all of the Miamarina circa 1983 just a year before Miami Vice was filmed. Notice the Wachovia/SE financial building nearing completion and the Citi Bank/ Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin just completed in 1982. :cheers:

Posted now in Miami Miscellaneous :D

Photo?

Edited by Dadrian

• 1 month later...

This looks like a great facade on a building that no longer exists.  Its address was 711 Washington Ave Miami Beach.  Don't know what it was.  Does anyone know if it was captured by Vice, Burn Notice or any other movie or TV show?  I would like to include a pic in my book as an example of how popular shows like Vice are a window into the important culture of the past.  I've already looked at Out Where the Busses . . ., and El Viejo that filmed nearby.  Thanks.

529021262_711washavegone.jpg.44d673ac76659259f5ef46b1ec6a1345.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

This looks like a great facade on a building that no longer exists.  Its address was 711 Washington Ave Miami Beach.  Don't know what it was.  Does anyone know if it was captured by Vice, Burn Notice or any other movie or TV show?

I would guess not.  I just checked out the opening teaser chase in Freefall, but they're a block away.

The sign looks like it says "MAY FAR", which doesn't make any sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

5928 NE 6th Court

Designed by Harold Steward, this Mediterranean-style home was built in 1928. In the 1940s, Miami Mayor Perrine Palmer owned it. He had the vision to create Morningside Park along the bayfront. In the 1980s, the house became the site of several Miami Vice episodes.

https://www.miamiandbeaches.com/Miami/media/Guides/miami-heritage-guide.pdf

I can't think of which episode this might have been.  We haven't found Caroline's house in "To Have and To Hold" yet.

You can see photos here:  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5928-NE-6th-Ct_Miami_FL_33137_M64482-27688

• Like 2