RAMBO FIRST BLOOD KNIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Hello, and thanks for the good comments on my new handmade First Blood knife. To answer a few questions here; Yes, mine is handmade and made by a Canadian knife maker named Bill Schiller. I bought it from one of his protoges, whom is himself an excellent knife maker and makes the First Blood knives as well. His mentor is the one that made my First Blood knife. From what I know, it is the Only First Blood knife that Mr. Schiller made. I can tell you this much; it has superb quality!. Now, to answer another question: My dad carried several knives in Vietnam. But his side knife was actually one from the Special Operations Group, aka SOG ( I believe that is their whole name). Anyway, my Dad said that back then, those knives were made with the best quality steel of that time. And yes, he did modify it himself and added some serrations and sawteeth on its spine, but nothing like what the First Blood knife looks like. The serrations he added were pointy and very sharp. Many of his friends and fellow soldiers back then added their own serrations he said. They used them for sawing and also came in handy during combat. LOL My dad said that nothing rips those Gook guts out like a nice sharp serrated knife. Please don't be offended by that, as I was just repeating what he said. I am not racist in any way. I was just quoting him, and he was trying to make a joke at the time, although sick as it was. Anyway, take care!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FitzenKnivesand I didnt know he had his own channel until I just looked him up right now lolalso I have to say I love my new benchmade megumi knife and the spyderco dragonfly 2 and they are very nice knives to go for if they meet your fancy.

funny I love the megumi so much I dont mind that its abit tricky to get open one handed vs the very easy to handle and open dragonfly 2, mind you a little hoppies number 9 gun oil to the pivots helped ease it up abit.just have to make sure you dont get oil on the wood as that will damage it and its finish.kinda funny actually I've been looking at that megumi for six years since it first came out and I just figured hell with it i'll order the damn thing vs the boring but good Kershaw skyline I was using before. which since then I've decided to permanently retire because of how bland and boring it is vs the megnumi
yeah I like the megumi that much lol also it might not be a bad idea to go for the dragonfly in a bright non earthtone color to match vices style like say maybe yellow.just for the sake of making it stand out and making it easy to locate if you ever accidentally drop the thing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• gypsy

• sharpedged

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello' date=' and thanks for the good comments on my new handmade First Blood knife. To answer a few questions here; Yes, mine is handmade and made by a Canadian knife maker named Bill Schiller. I bought it from one of his protoges, whom is himself an excellent knife maker and makes the First Blood knives as well. His mentor is the one that made my First Blood knife. From what I know, it is the Only First Blood knife that Mr. Schiller made. I can tell you this much; it has superb quality!. Now, to answer another question: My dad carried several knives in Vietnam. But his side knife was actually one from the Special Operations Group, aka SOG ( I believe that is their whole name). Anyway, my Dad said that back then, those knives were made with the best quality steel of that time. And yes, he did modify it himself and added some serrations and sawteeth on its spine, but nothing like what the First Blood knife looks like. The serrations he added were pointy and very sharp. Many of his friends and fellow soldiers back then added their own serrations he said. They used them for sawing and also came in handy during combat. LOL My dad said that nothing rips those Gook guts out like a nice sharp serrated knife. Please don't be offended by that, as I was just repeating what he said. I am not racist in any way. I was just quoting him, and he was trying to make a joke at the time, although sick as it was. Anyway, take care![/quote']eh dont worry about it I've been around vets and hardasses from the previous age that sometimes well would spew out grand torino levels of that kind of stuff when inquiring about offbeat weird things I would just think to ask about.which is usually why I tend to have alot of off the path weird info in my inventory, I get it from those guys at the local shooting goods places as it draws in all shapes and sizes of rebel's, old timers and off the cuff enthusiasts. you know people you would never think would show any interest in said firearms and knives. plus he may just be saying that just for the shock value given how well sanitary civlian life seems to be getting, and just for the hell of it as a joke just like the hair cut scene in grand torino. where at the end he says that he's been saying that same thing for the past 10 years or something loland with how off the beat and weird the world is you kind of just have to take a back seat and let that thing just flow down your back and not bother you within reason, you know just kind of take an observers stance and trust me you learn alot more by doing that.with the sog knife I kind of wonder if they were privy to higher quality steel than what we get now from the in the box SOG knives? which are currently being produced and well I hate to say this I have seen them at wallmart in the sporting goods section along with kershaw

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmu3TmNe0H0

which just seems wrong on principal to have them doing business with wallmart like that, as wallmart has been known to lowball product makers into making lower quality products to maximize walmarts profits while reducing the quality of the said product.and reducing how much money the maker can make off it to begin with, sometimes to the point of bankruptcy like what happened with winchester and maybe possibly smith and wesson I wonder if the design of the above knife is more or less exactly the same as what your father used though?

• 1 month later...
Dude' date=' all I can say is your FB knife is SUPERB!!! You are one LUCKY man to own such a well made, and rare knife. It's perfect.I'm looking forward to seeing your newest knife when you get it.If you wish to share more photos of your FB knife.....PLEASE DO!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:[/quote'] Hey thanks man! Yeah yeah, I love love love my Schiller handmade FB knife. I am also having a brand new sheath handmade for it too. I cannot wait to have it finished. It is being made by one of the best sheath makers I have ever seen/ met, and he even lives locally, just a few miles from me. I have one of his sheaths for my JWB survival knife. It actually wasn't custom fitted for that knife. But he made the sheath for someone else. After he was done they screwed him and never paid him for it. So he was stuck with a sheath that none of his other friends had a knife that fit it. But during a visit, I just happened to have my JWB knife with me to get sharpened. Just out of curiosity, he asked me to see if the knife fit the sheath. I did, and it fit PERFECTLY (well, almost perfect as the guards are a tad short and don't come to each end of the lip on the sheath, but that isn't even a problem. The snap strap still fits perfect). Anyway, then after he saw it fit, he just said I could HAVE it? Can you believe that? A $130 sheath, handmade and just beautiful, just given to me. We have become good friends, he and I. I have given him several high end knives. He also gave to me 3 big and solid Arkansas stones. he gave me a big medium grit, a big fine grit, and the best of all, a biiiig and very expensive Arkansas Black stone. My mouth dropped to the floor when he gave those to me. And I tell you, he doesn't know it yet but I got a big surprise I am planning for him, LOL! Well, anyway. I got 4 brand new handmade leather sheaths coming, and they are all custom fitted, their designs chosen by me, and they are being made by my very good friend that I mentioned here. He has been making sheaths for over 30 years. So I think he knows what he's doin, LOL!!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmu3TmNe0H0 which just seems wrong on principal to have them doing business with wallmart like that, as wallmart has been known to lowball product makers into making lower quality products to maximize walmarts profits while reducing the quality of the said product.and reducing how much money the maker can make off it to begin with, sometimes to the point of bankruptcy like what happened with winchester and maybe possibly smith and wesson I wonder if the design of the above knife is more or less exactly the same as what your father used though?

I say this with all truth and with all sincerity: Walmart, although it is a very convenient store, uses very evil business practices, and also employee abuse. They have been sued countless times by their own employees. One such time was the way they would make employees work an extral 30 minutes to an hour after they punched out to go home, and would not pay them for it. Another one is whenever they would get clothes that they rejected for, maybe, the sleeve was sewn a little crooked, or had a snag in the pants. Rather than Walmart taking all those clothes and donating them to charity organizations for the poor, they'd take them out and cut a sleeve or pants leg off, just so they could throw them away and so that someone wouldn't come along that had no clothes, dig them out of trash, and be able to use them. Or just so they didn't have to dnoate them to the poor. Very very evil and crooked. Walmart would also tell recording artists and singers such as AC/DC, Tim McGraw, and others that in order for them to sell their CD's and DVD's and clothing/ merchandise, they would (the singers/ groups) have to sign a contract stating that they would not let any other store or record and tape store or distributor sell their CD's/ DVD's and other merchandise with their name or logo on them. I know that Sam Walton did not open his stores and base their success on crooked dealings. He was a good solid Christian that believed in helping people. I bet he would turn over in his grave iffen he knew what his escendants and others were doing to his stores and in hi name!! I bet if he could come back and see what was going on, he would chase them crooked folks all the way to Hell!

I say this with all truth and with all sincerity: Walmart' date=' although it is a very convenient store, uses very evil business practices, and also employee abuse. They have been sued countless times by their own employees. One such time was the way they would make employees work an extral 30 minutes to an hour after they punched out to go home, and would not pay them for it. Another one is whenever they would get clothes that they rejected for, maybe, the sleeve was sewn a little crooked, or had a snag in the pants. Rather than Walmart taking all those clothes and donating them to charity organizations for the poor, they'd take them out and cut a sleeve or pants leg off, just so they could throw them away and so that someone wouldn't come along that had no clothes, dig them out of trash, and be able to use them. Or just so they didn't have to dnoate them to the poor. Very very evil and crooked. Walmart would also tell recording artists and singers such as AC/DC, Tim McGraw, and others that in order for them to sell their CD's and DVD's and clothing/ merchandise, they would (the singers/ groups) have to sign a contract stating that they would not let any other store or record and tape store or distributor sell their CD's/ DVD's and other merchandise with their name or logo on them. I know that Sam Walton did not open his stores and base their success on crooked dealings. He was a good solid Christian that believed in helping people. I bet he would turn over in his grave iffen he knew what his escendants and others were doing to his stores and in hi name!! I bet if he could come back and see what was going on, he would chase them crooked folks all the way to Hell![/quote']Yup that sounds like the walmart I know, should see how they keep there fish, they actually added a place where you can buy fish to mine.damn things looked like they were about ready to keel over, and I used to have fish in my home, fighting fish, betties, neons and the like, cupid fish too, cute little buggers and they were not taking good care of themYou see I was never keen on having a full sized animal in my home, too much of a mess plus with cats you have to worry about them getting eaten and well I get all sorts of wild wildlife around me already loland I'm waiting for the hummingbirds to come back when it stays over 50 at night, plus theres actually a skunk walking around at night eatting peoples laws, see him when I do my usual walk, I dont bother him he doesnt bother me lolsurprisingly tame too.but anyways wasnt there a split off of walmart that was done in the old way, walton stores or something a few years ago?

• 4 weeks later...