Anyone tried the Season 3 hairstyle out?

Viceguy

I've always liked Sonny's spiked haircut from Season 3 hence I tried many times to achieve that look.But it never really looked the way Sonny's haircut did.I hope there are some folks who also tried to get their hair cut that way.Please,share your experience.Thanks a lot in advance!

Season two and four, but not three. Can't bear to cut it that short. I think you'd need to make sure you'd be comfortable with no hair in the back.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I do have his S3 haircut right now, it was a happy accident I went in for a crew cut at I think half an inch to 3/4ths of an inch in length and it just grew into it, with a squared back.

Gotta jump in here guys:) This is the hair, style, that will always be the best for me as a girl admiring a great looking guy..Classic look with long hair :happy:..maybe slightly shorter is ok..but NO to shaved head or scalp barely covered..Eingefügtes Bild

but NO to shaved head or scalp barely covered..

Hmm.. but what is a guy to do when he simply does not have enough hair for a decent hairstyle :confused: In my opinion' date=' very short hair is ok in that case - it's still better than combing your hair across the head like Baldy Man.. :):):)[img']http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/baldyDM0405_228x324.jpg

You do make a good point ;) not all men are lucky to have good, thick hair :cry: DJ has such gorgeous hair, that I got real spoiled. Actually, I have always been that way about men's hair. "Gimme a head with hair..long beautiful hair..shinin' streamin' gleamin' flaxin waxin'" or something like that :D

You do make a good point ;) not all men are lucky to have good' date=' thick hair :cry: DJ has such gorgeous hair, that I got real spoiled. Actually, I have always been that way about men's hair. "Gimme a head with hair..long beautiful hair..shinin' streamin' gleamin' flaxin waxin'" or something like that :D[/quote'] Of course, if a man does have great hair, cutting it short would be a waste! And DJ is truly blessed in that respect :)

Dear Lance Vance, although you are a grrreat girl, I must warn you that if I get any nightmares in a couple of hours with this bald eyesore "starring", I'll strangle you with my bare hands, grrr! :D When I close my eyes all I can see is this horrific face!!!In Poland we always laugh at men who try to cover their baldness with their remaining hair - like the Belarussian president, for example...I must say I didn't like Sonny's hairstyle in Season Three, it was too short for my taste. Still, longer hair does not suit many men because of their lanky or receding hair...

I'm very sorry, Brenda.. :hot: I just wanted to present a drastic example - which obviously worked :p:) Ok, here's one to give you sweeter dreams: (and to get back to the topic - season 3 hairstyle :))Eingefügtes Bild

DJAngel, that's an awesome pic. What I don't get, as my hair is about that length or maybe a tad longer, how the hell they get the hair to stay that way. My hair on the sides just falls down, so my hair looks like sonny's on the boat at the beginning of the season 5 Finale. But I am a fan of long hair.:radar:

DJAngel' date=' that's an awesome pic. What I don't get, as my hair is about that length or maybe a tad longer, how the hell they get the hair to stay that way. My hair on the sides just falls down, so my hair looks like sonny's on the boat at the beginning of the season 5 Finale. But I am a fan of long hair.:radar:[/quote']The difference might be that Don (Sonny) hair was styled by a professional for the set and pictures, so it was always conditioned and sprayed.

Well, on the topic of professionally styled, I think in season three that the spikes were blow dryed; if at the very least brushed. They have more of a frizz look than gelled. Not frizzy, cut nice and blown to stand up. Just a guess though. Those Hollywood hairstylists are magical. I wonder if Viceguy tried the brushing or blowdrying route (I would assume so). I think that style would probably lend itself to receding hairlines too, kinda the same way Sting had his. He looked/looks(?) cool with spikes.

I went to a good hairdressers back in the 80's a few times to have mine cut and once they made it look so cool, similar to crocketts I guess, I walked out of there with so much confidence (was quiet and shy back then) and had so many girls look at me (sorry not trying to show off, but that didn't usually happen) it was just the hair looked so goodThe next day I though I'll get the gel out and the hair dryer and do it the same myself, well I tried for ages and I could not get it to look anything like when she had done it:rolleyes:They would of had some of the best stylists I guess

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion Sonnys Hairstyle in Season 3 is nice, but in Season 2 it was better.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]3401[/ATTACH] Here a picture from May 1986. Shows his "Season 3-haircut" good.

post-8981-13892963545294_thumb.jpg

In my opinion Sonnys Hairstyle in Season 3 is nice' date=' but in Season 2 it was better.... [/quote']Me too - I loved his Season 2 hair - looked hot and really suited him.I liked his hair when it wasn't too short, but not too long either.

• 2 months later...

I did have a syle similar to season 3 about 20 years ago, when i was in the Airforce, now my hair is the length of season 2 but more the style of season 5... I know a weird mix!!! :D

• 1 year later...

I want to bring this thread up as I am about to try to get this haircut for the third time.Anybody has any ideas as to how the mannaged to pull the hair from the sides of the forehead back? When I I try to imitate the look the result is nowhere near that square shape on sides with the front being a tad forward. It it because of hair structure or is it about cutting the hair properly?

Don't know, but speaking from recent experience I made damn sure my hair stylist used the teething sheers or whatever there called to make sure the overhang in the front was uneaven. Giving it a sort of Crockett S3 look with how short she cut it.as if I dont remember to tell her that it ends up looking like a beetles haircut once it grows out, and also she did some sort of a fade for it, size 13 for the cutter I think she said.and the one I go to as I said there was a female, the owner of the boston hair company (think its just a franchise name) in my local area as I got tired of going to the local barber who just never could cut it in a way I liked.