Anyone tried the Season 3 hairstyle out?

Viceguy

I have tried all Crockett´s hairstyles, from season 1 to 5 (not in chronological order, of course... but mostly during the 80s and 90s). I liked them all, but have to say that season 5 style is a challenge in hot summers.This thread reminds me that I´m getting old, as I have realized that I have not enough hair left to do it again ...

I have tried all Crockett´s hairstyles' date=' from season 1 to 5 (not in chronological order, of course... but mostly during the 80s and 90s). I liked them all, but have to say that season 5 style is a challenge in hot summers.This thread reminds me that I´m getting old, as I have realized that I have not enough hair left to do it again ...[/quote'] Was your season 3 haircut similar to the original?Matt5, thanks for advice. I was thinking of getting crew cut for the summer anyway.Classic millitary look.

Was your season 3 haircut similar to the original?

it was exactly like Crockett had it. But it only works if you have straight, not curly hair.

it was exactly like Crockett had it. But it only works if you have straight' date=' not curly hair.[/quote']Mine is straight. Do you remember how it was cut when it was lying, not made to stand? I think it all comes down to cutting\shaping your fringe right. Was there any difference in length between the sides and the front?I know it is hard to remember after all these years.I just want to give my barber some pointers.

I cutted my hair today,it looks like Sonny's Season 4 hair :( But I bored and I cutted it today.. My hair was long and looks like Sonny's S4 hair style by today:)

Mine is straight. Do you remember how it was cut when it was lying' date=' not made to stand? I think it all comes down to cutting\shaping your fringe right. Was there any difference in length between the sides and the front?I know it is hard to remember after all these years.I just want to give my barber some pointers.[/quote']I don´t get the question. If it is cut short, the hair will stand automatically (provided you have straight hair). Every barber knows how to do that. That is a matter of 15 minutes. In early season three there was not much difference between upper head length and the sides and the back. The longer the season went, the longer the hair was on the backside of the head. I took a copy of a DJ single (Heartache away) with me, because I wanted it exactly as on TV and shortly after I left as Sonny Crockett ;-)

I don´t get the question. If it is cut short' date=' the hair will stand automatically (provided you have straight hair). Every barber knows how to do that. That is a matter of 15 minutes. In early season three there was not much difference between upper head length and the sides and the back. The longer the season went, the longer the hair was on the backside of the head. I took a copy of a DJ single (Heartache away) with me, because I wanted it exactly as on TV and shortly after I left as Sonny Crockett ;-)[/quote']I also thought that this was rather an easy haircut to make.Anyway, I 'll just try one more time.Probably it was just cunt wront the last time I tried.By the way, it your hair soft or rather rigid?

I also thought that this was rather an easy haircut to make.Anyway' date=' I 'll just try one more time.Probably it was just cunt wront the last time I tried.By the way, it your hair soft or rather rigid?[/quote']That does not matter with a short cut-most important is that your hair is straight. My hair is dry and rather thin but rigid. A good hair stylist will support you on this. Your hair type gets more important if you try Crockett´s 4th and 5th season style as this is more demanding.

I've had this look for years.... The season three look that is... I'm in my mid 40s and not as thick as my younger years. Simple to do... 5/8" insert on the Wahl brand clippers and that's it. I should get the wife to snap a pic and ill post it on up... Wayfarers included, of course.... Mike

I've had this look for years.... The season three look that is... I'm in my mid 40s and not as thick as my younger years. Simple to do... 5/8" insert on the Wahl brand clippers and that's it. I should get the wife to snap a pic and ill post it on up... Wayfarers included' date=' of course.... Mike[/quote']sounds good Mike - be good to see a pic from the wife .:thumbsup::D

• 1 year later...

I like to think I have the Season 3 hair, but when it get's a bit longer, it does resemble Season 1 quite a lot :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had that haircut for a while in the 80s but it's not my favorite. The pancake hair is one of the few things i don't like about the 80s

I think I personally look better with long hair, and in my opinion Don is the same. At least they have to be long on the forehead.

In my present avatar I have more or less a S5 length, and I think it looks fine. I was  31 or so, now I'm 53 with a bit of white shades on the sides and I cut them a bit, but they're very  long on the forehead and I think is a good compromise ;-)

• 9 months later...

I'm still getting my hair cut like Crockett's Season 3 style. It's comfortable in summer & cooler weather. The girl who cuts my hair tries to get it as close to the pictures of DJ I show her and I'm usually happy with the result.

Somehow, the top of my head got cut off in my profile picture since the new format was started.

Edited by Tony D.

• 1 month later...

Season 3 is pretty much the default for my hair when it is short.  It just does not want to lay down, always at attention.  Usually wear it shorter in the back than Crockett did tho, less mullet-like.

• Like 1

Ha Ha.........that is a cool play on words! :thumbsup:

P.S. If you click on my picture and click again you will see the top of my head & my hair.

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 2

I haven't had a haircut in a year now. I'm going for full Burnett trilogy and later day Sonny look, Hair is going to fall out one day, and you only live once, pal. 

• Like 1

So true DeepCover.  Mine has already begun the decline.  So I too want to experience the season 5 look before it's too late. 

I've had my hair all the length's that Don had. I 've gotten it buzzed short to different degrees, but it doesn't look like him because i have more wave in my hair. It curls back slightly. When it gets longer it looks like Don's other haircuts though. I have the exact same hair color as he does actually. 

Actually got it cut short a few weeks ago. It's about an inch and a half now.