Don Johnson as Jethro Gibbs?

Frey

There was an interesting article in the New York Post recently. It was about different roles that famous actors/actresses turned down.According to the article, Don Johnson turned down Mark Harmon's role on NCIS:www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv_role_play_wX9AvTQxm29c6OJvfZFXTK

Don and his personal skills to skip good roles... Don, ´ol buddy...this way ppl will get boring you to act as Sonny Crockett again...Not that i think its a bad thing....

Don Johnson also auditioned to play INDIANA JONES for Lucas and Spielberg. Obviously, he didn't get the part.Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones.Don Johnson IS Sonny Crockett.

• Administrators

Yes, but Tom Selleck was first to get that part but had to turn it down due to contractual issues with Magnum PI and Indiana Jones.Sadly, due to a writers strike (I believe) Magnum was delayed almost a year and would have given Tom the time to make Indiana Jones.Of course Harrison Ford is our beloved Indiana and no one could replace him, but had Selleck played the part, would we be saying the same thing about him?BTW: Season 8 of MPI, 4th to the last ep. is titled "Legend Of The Lost Art" It is an "Indiana Jones" styled ep. with the running joke of the cast calling it "The Lost Ark". Higgins continuously corrects everyone and says it is "The Lost Art!" until the very end where they find it and Higgins and Magnum go back and forth.Higgins: "That's it. We've found it. The Ark..." Magnum: "Art...Don't you mean Art, Higgins? The lost Art?" Higgins: "Of course I do. The lost Art is in the Ark." :DAnd one of the funniest scenes was when Magnum tries to get the guy with the whip but it is too short and he missed and TC shoots the guy instead. Loved the look TC had, rolled his eyes and shook his head as Magnum says "worked before". Great ep. and Selleck would have played the part well too. Just different but that would be said of all actors. No two are gonna be the same.

I'm sure Don had his reasons for turning it down.Interesting article - Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Maybe he didn't want to be called Jethro...I keep expecting to see a shoe phone! Maybe Sonny Gibbs?:D:D:D

post-620-13892963388552_thumb.jpg

Maybe he didn't want to be called Jethro...I keep expecting to see a shoe phone! Maybe Sonny Gibbs?:D:D:D

Maybe, maybe. :D However, he probably want to be confused with the Gibbs brothers either. :p;)