Michael Talbott

Dacko

More details on his facebook page.  Click for larger image.

Saw that as well...looks as though he is hosting a guided tour of some Vice shooting locations in Miami, January 16 and 17 2016.

He's also coming to Volo Illinois at the Auto Museum on October 17th of this year to do a meet and greet, alongside the now confirmed Car #1 Daytona from the Series.

Think I need to plan a trip up north to meet him and see the Daytona.

• 2 months later...
The latest Comic Con Event with Talbott, Saundra, Olivia and Diehl.

Posted by Michael Talbott on his facebook page 4-5 hours ago. 
23m2b2t.jpg
- Rhode Island/Providence Comic-Con day 1. We are in the Dunkin Donuts Arena section 108.

2jg0wfa.jpg
- Come see me, John, Saundra and Olivia at section 108 in the Dunkin Donuts Donuts Arena.

28cd7iv.jpg
And to add this was posted 29. October. 2015
For those of you coming to see us at the Rhode Island Comic-Con next week in Providence, in addition to signing our photos and taking pictures with our fans, we'll have a limited number of this special oversized and double-sided comic art print from the cover of the 8th issue of the MIAMI VICE digital comic produced by Lion Forge Comics (available now on Amazon), and we'll sign this for you as well! - Michael Talbott

Just awesome!!!! 
Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

• Administrators

The latest Comic Con Event with Talbott, Saundra, Olivia and Diehl.

Posted by Michael Talbott on his facebook page 4-5 hours ago. 
23m2b2t.jpg
- Rhode Island/Providence Comic-Con day 1. We are in the Dunkin Donuts Arena section 108.

John Diehl looks like Robert De Niro here lol.

• 4 months later...

"Miami Vice Actor and Car owner of the Ferrari Daytona Spyder, Michael Talbott shares with us a story about the time he was on set filming a episode for Miami Vice and he was in the Ferrari Daytona going top speed and almost being thrown out of the car after hitting a jump."

Hmm... I don't recall Switek ever in the Daytona.

Could this have been during a break on set? I remember even Izzy been driven in it with Sonny and Gina, but not Switek.

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

"Miami Vice Actor and Car owner of the Ferrari Daytona Spyder, Michael Talbott shares with us a story about the time he was on set filming a episode for Miami Vice and he was in the Ferrari Daytona going top speed and almost being thrown out of the car after hitting a jump."

Hmm... I don't recall Switek ever in the Daytona.

Could this have been during a break on set? I remember even Izzy been driven in it with Sonny and Gina, but not Switek.

Interesting observation, as I can't place him in the Daytona either. In fact, Tubbs is only seen driving it twice that I recall. In the link in MT's FB page (http://www.generationauto.tv/auction) they/he said MT rode in it in the 3rd ep of S1, which would be Cool Runnin' and I can't place him in the car there:

"One scene I will never forget that involved the Daytona, was in episode 3 of the first season, I was in the passenger seat and Don Johnson’s stuntman was driving. We were going about 80mph, hit a bump and went airborne…I was not strapped into the passenger seat and was ejected almost completely out of the car! The director thought it added some excitement to the shot. If you slow down the video, you can see me almost go right over the windshield! It gave me a scare, but I sure loved the car."

At least the Seller is not claiming to have one of the Show cars now, as we originally were concerned about. But why does Generation Auto ( the Seller) claim "Miami Vice Actor and Car owner of the Ferrari Daytona Spyder"? Maybe they titled it in MT's name to increase value.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

18 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

At least the Seller is not claiming to have one of the Show cars now, as we originally were concerned about. But why does Generation Auto ( the Seller) claim "Miami Vice Actor and Car owner of the Ferrari Daytona Spyder"? Maybe they titled it in MT's name to increase value.

Yeah I noticed that too.

In fact there is a scene, that fits with Talbott's description of the Daytona experience in episode 4, Calderone's return part 1. It's the scene where Tubbs and Gina are in the Daytona rushing to save Crockett. The reason I noticed this scene was because, I had always wondered whether it really was PMT and Saundra in the car.

"If you slow down the video, you can see me almost go right over the windshield!" - (Quote from your post). And you indeed can in the episode 4, but that's not Michael Talbott.

Because it's a night scene, it's hard to see, who is in the driver seat, but in the passenger seat, to me it looks like a woman. I think Saundra Santiago was in the car. :)

I don't know if there are similar scenes with the car in other episodes of season 1, but this the one, that I could remember. 

Ya I've noticed that Michael's memory about the series is not that great when it comes to locations or episodes.  Understandable, its been a while.  I'm still a huge fan.

• Like 1

That night driving scene in Calderone's Return is supposed to be Gina and Tubbs but it actually is a reused sequence with Crockett behind the wheel..so he is coming to his own rescue. ;) 

I can't recall Switek ever driving in the Daytona. And to your point about who was in the car, I wonder now if the person who actually made the quote referring to going over the windshield was actually Saundra Santiago because the driver likely was DJ's stunt double as the car was moving at high speed and going airborne over bumps as the quote implies.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I am not a hundred percent sure, but I have looked at the reused footage and to me it looks like a woman in the passenger seat.

So maybe Michael Talbott is in fact referring to this particular scene, only with the wrong person in it. :)

On 3/13/2016 at 7:35 PM, miamijimf said:

Ya I've noticed that Michael's memory about the series is not that great when it comes to locations or episodes.  Understandable, its been a while.  I'm still a huge fan.

I agree - I dont recall ever seeing Switzek in the Daytona . He also got confused about some beach locations filmed for The Pilot and "The Great McCarthy" but a great guy and still a fan:D

He told the story the day we were at Volo. He said they were shooting stock footage and needed someone in the passenger seat.

Zooming in on the footage, it looks like it could be him.

• 4 weeks later...

After having looked at the night scene again in "Calderone's return part 1," it now also looks to me like Talbott in the Daytona.

But I guess we won't really know until maybe a Blu-ray release. :)

At least I am glad, that the mystery is sort of solved, because I have really wanted to know this.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, miamijimf said:

His memory may not be good on episodes & locations.....but I don't think anyone can forget almost being ejected from a car, especially the Daytona!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, summer84 said:

After having looked at the night scene again in "Calderone's return part 1," it now also looks to me like Talbott in the Daytona.

I agree, it looks like Switek in the passenger seat and almost being ejected:

Hit_List14.png

Hit_List13.png

• Like 2

Im sure most of you know this but Michael Talbott and John Diehl are both quite active on facebook - in particular John Diehl :D

did not know that, just looked at Talbott's facebook last night. i actually had Don tweet me back last fall when Blood and Oil premiered. he was tweeting fans during the episode (im assuming it wasn't an assistant since he was posting pictures while watching, but you never know)

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Im sure most of you know this but Michael Talbott and John Diehl are both quite active on facebook - in particular John Diehl :D

So is Phanie Napoli ( Angelina ) & Saundra Santiago ( Gina ).

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

I agree, it looks like Switek in the passenger seat and almost being ejected:

Hit_List14.png

Hit_List13.png

Wow, great screen shots...how did you make this so clear? I watched that sequence again the other day on NBC and could not make out anything on the passenger side.

And from this it does look like Switek. So he was right about this, though not the particular filming episode, unless the sequence was filmed at the time during Cool Running.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Wow, great screen shots...how did you make this so clear? I watched that sequence again the other day on NBC and could not make out anything on the passenger side.

On the smaller screen shot, I increased the exposure and brightness.  The bigger one, where Switek is almost ejected, is untouched.  I noticed CGlide doing this for difficult location-hunting night-time shots, so I looked at my Mac and found these color adjustments are available when I open any picture with "Preview".  I assume the same thing can be done with a Windows PC.

Also, you have to go frame by frame.  Sometimes only one or two frames in a given camera shot have a good view of what you want to see.

• Like 1