New member here, and wanted to share some pics of the guns (4586, 645, and 4506)

jama555

Welcome aboard!Nice guns. I have the 645 & 4506 too. I like the 645 better.

The 645 had the choice of half cocking the hammer, but the 4506 did not.My 645 had some wear and tear to it, but clean as a whistle, now. Barrel is perfect.

WELCOME!!You are going to LOVE it here!Your guns are awesome! :thumbsup:Like Margaret said in PRODIGAL SON, "I like guns."We love it when people share thier love of MIAMI VICE! We are the internet's friendliest, most knowledgeable, and rabid Vice fans! If there's anything I can do to help you out on this site, or answer any questions, I'd be glad to help.Check out my COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION.Click here! http://www.miamiviceonline.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Cooper-amp-Burnett-s-Miami-Vice-Scrapbook-COOP

Thanks Cooper and Burnett. I love all of your posts. I appreciate all the warms welcomes so far.If anyone has questions about AK-47s, I can help. I am not a gunsmith nor manufacturer, but I know my way around an AK, and their variants. All of mine are custom made and pretty accurate for an AK.Take care. John

One of these days I've got to get my hands around one of those guns.My dad's got one of the first steel framed model 39's that he bought back in 62' and I've always kind of wondered how it would have shot in 45 acp, Especially after reading that Keith said in his book sixguns that he thought that the perfect replacement for the 1911 would have been a model 39 in 45 acp.

One of these days I've got to get my hands around one of those guns.My dad's got one of the first steel framed model 39's that he bought back in 62' and I've always kind of wondered how it would have shot in 45 acp' date=' Especially after reading that Keith said in his book sixguns that he thought that the perfect replacement for the 1911 would have been a model 39 in 45 acp.[/quote'] I live in Dallas, TX. I have noticed that many of the 3rd generation S&W .45 pistols are drying up, and will probably be going up in price, at the gun shows. I have been lucky with my finds.Gunbroker and gunsamerica, are a great source to find hard to get weapons. But you don't know what you are getting till you have it in your hands, plus you have to pay upfront for the gun, prior to shipping. Lastly, you have to go through people with FFLs to have it shipped.Still, worth the wait to find a nice .45.About the model 39, in .45 cal, I am not familiar with it. The 1911 is a great gun, but I still prefer the 3rd gen S&W. 45, and secondly, the Glock and of course, .357 revolvers, from Colt and S&W.Hope this helped. The great thing now is that many guns are leaving collections and are being sold at the guns shows at decent prices. We are in a buyers market, and that is good.

this is what my dad has except with a steel frame, my dad got it with a steel frame just out of sheer dumb luck:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214484122The 39 was only made in 9mm (although they did make a match version called the 52 in 38 special wadcutter that my dad also bought along with it but sold it)and it wasnt until the late 1970's that smith started screwing with the design and putting it in different calibers and modding the gun to take a double stack magazine, almost all of there semi auto's from the late 1970's up until the early 90's were based off of the 39's original design

Your dad has quite a collectible item. Tell him not to part with it, no matter what. Hopefully, you will get it one day.Thanks for sharing.

Yeah it was the first gun I ever shot about 5 years ago, ironically I decided my signature pistol should be a beat to hell $375 ww2 walther p38 sheerly because I didnt want to bang his pride and joy up learning how to shoot and properly clean a firearm.

That is why I bought a Glock, 21, .45 cal. It is a workhorse, not pretty to look at but a highly functional, day to day gun.I invested in some adjustable sights, new barrel, trigger job, and new recoil springs.It is not a match grade pistol but still very accurate, especially with the new barstol barrel.Take care. John

for being a beat to hell worn out CYQ 1944 made pistol with a pitted barrel that p38 shot well and about the only thing that wore out on it was the post war magazine we bought for it.

Sometimes the bargain guns make the best buys. Sometimes newer is better, sometimes older is better.Who can deny that older guns were made to last? I won't.You have a great gun. Never give it up. John