VICE CREW JACKET DIFFERENCES

COOPER&BURNETT

The Original Vintage Cast and Crew jackets for MIAMI VICE were made by a company called, "THE CLOTH TATTOO".Eingefügtes BildThe label on the tag inside the jacket states that there are no two jackets embroidery are exactly alike.Eingefügtes BildI decided to compare Crew jackets to see if I could find any differences amoung the jackets besides the embroidery.Indeed I did!

Eingefügtes BildIn these side by side shots, one can see the differences in the embroidery in the colors of the "E" in "VICE". Someone obviously made an error, as I'm sure this is not the differences that the manufacturer meant.Eingefügtes BildThe correct way.Eingefügtes BildThe mistake version.

In these side by side shots, one can see that this crew jacket has a front zipper that opens left to right (from the wearers perspective).Eingefügtes BildThis one opens right to left (also from the wearer's perspective).Eingefügtes Bild

This jacket has satin medium blue color in it's shoulder area, and has contrasting torquoise piping.Eingefügtes BildThis one has torquoise satin color in the shoulder, with matching piping (the color is different, even though due to lighting, you can't tell, but check the next page for a much better shot of the colors.)Eingefügtes Bild

With these two jackets, look at the knit wristlets.One is made with a much longer material. Here is a side by side shot.Eingefügtes Bild

So......as you can see from my investigation, the company's claim is correct.No two MIAMI VICE CREW JACKETS are exactly alike!

Great 80's looking jacket's COOP!And I really enjoy your love for every detail!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you!I have many, many ideas for new, original MIAMI VICE threads seen nowhere else but here.More are being planned as we speak. :thumbsup:

Thank you!I have many' date=' many ideas for new, original MIAMI VICE threads seen nowhere else but here.More are being planned as we speak. :thumbsup:[/quote']Great COOP, I can't wait to see it!:clap::clap::clap:I always love your stuff my friend.

Great COOP' date=' I can't wait to see it!:clap::clap::clap:I always love your stuff my friend.[/quote']Thanks!I love the feedback.I always try to post things that are unique, original, informative, and seen only on this website.MIAMI VICE RULES!

Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, I do actually wear this jacket in public.Gotta promote my favorite show! :thumbsup:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

This jacket is beautiful!I like the motorcycle style they used on the top back, the turquoise piping really stands out and the pink lining seems to be exactly the same shade of the "Vice" embroidery! :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone is wondering' date=' yes, I do actually wear this jacket in public.[/quote']Why shouldn't you wear it C&B? From what I see it's really well made with attention to every detail, it's not that type of cheap merchandising you find these days.

I always try to post things that are unique' date=' original, informative, and seen only on this website.[/quote'] And you always succeed! :thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

And you always succeed! :thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you!Every day is a MIAMI VICE day to me.I'm planning more theads, and have things to share with you.

• Administrators

Here's one I picked up on ebay a few years ago although I don't think it's a true jacket from one of the crew. Different colors and a missing collar tag. The tag in the 3rd pic is on the inside of the front breast pocket. I'm thinking more like you could buy this as a souvenir? Coop?Just to clarify, the arms of this jacket are not blue, that's just how the photo came out. The arms, like the shoulders, are all pinkish, almost a lavender color.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

VERY cool jacket my friend. :clap:You are correct. Your jacket was sold at UNIVERSAL STUDIO's gift stores at UNIVERSAL LOS ANGELES, UNIVERSAL ORLANDO, and the NBC gift store in NEW YORK. The tag you showed shows it was made for sale due to the merchandise tag that shows it was licenced for sale. (Thanks for posting that photo) It was, of course, patterned after the Crew jackets.Enough requests were made for the Crew jackets when the two women were shown wearing them in one scene in the Miami Vice opening credits, that it lead to the creation of these consumer jackets (I have it on Beta!). Universal was so inindated with calls about the jackets when the scene aired that they pulled the scene at once. In fact, they never showed it again! (all part of MIAMI VICE lore)Thank you so much for sharing your photos Ferrariman. You usually don't go to the trouble to post pictures, so, I thank you very much! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Administrators
Ferrariman' date=' the real question is,...have you worn your jacket in public?Be honest now. ;)[/quote']To be completely honest no, but only because it doesn't fit me. I knew this when I bought it but still wanted it as a souvenir. Now, would I wear it if it fit? maybe....maybe! ;)

• Administrators
If it fit' date=' I'd wear it.........you could always say it's from the 2006 Movie ;):D[/quote'] Yeah but then I'd probably get my @$$ kicked for sure!!

Yeah but then I'd probably get my @$$ kicked for sure!!
:D:DMan on the street - "Hey' date=' you with the MIAMI VICE MOVIE crew jacket! Why don't you be a REAL man and wear a MIAMI VICE crew jacket from the TV SERIES and not the one from the Crappy movie?!"Lou - "It [u']IS the one from the TV series."Man on the street - "Oh. Oh, o.k. then. Then THAT's o.k., just as long as it's not from the movie.":):)