hello everybody

herbet02

Welcome to the worlds largest Miami Vice community, herbet02. I think that you´ll enjoy it here.Would you like to tell us a bit more about your person?

hello' date='i m a french fan of miami vice.i m verry happy to discover this community.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:[/quote']Hello!I'm very happy that you said you enjoy my COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION in your PM to me!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Cooper-amp-Burnett-s-Miami-Vice-ScrapbookI work hard to obtain these items, and try to continually get more to share with everyone here. It's time consuming, and very expensive....BUT THIS SITE IS WORTH IT! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Welcome to the WORLD'S LARGEST MIAMI VICE SITE!Like Christine said, we'd like to know more about you! -COOP

Welcome to this forum (be warned - it's tremendously addictive :p), herbet02! It's a great place full of fantastic people! Do write more about yourself! Greetings from yet another European Miami Vice fan! :balloon:

I am a nurse's aide in a hospital.

Actually, I´ve had the same job, but in a nursing home and not in hospital. Since 1st of February, I´m doing a special kind of social work in the same nursing home.

Actually' date=' I´ve had the same job, but in a nursing home and not in hospital. Since 1st of February, I´m doing a special kind of social work in the same nursing home.[/quote'] :thumbsup::clap: it s a good job.i love people.

So do I, but I think that care workers have too little time for their patients. They´re always in a hurry. Therefore, I was very happy when my boss offered me the social work. Now, I´ve got a lot of time to talk with my patients, who are called residens here. I can go for a walk with them, play a game, and so. It´s very interesting.

On the ward where I´ve been working on there were only 24 patients, but they were all suffered with Dementia. So, working there wasn´t easy.

I respect people who do jobs like you herbet02 and Christine very much. It demands much patience and as herbet said, you just have to love people which is not always easy when it comes to elderly or even senile and terminally ill individuals. I have a feeling that most of the folks who are really and truly into MV (and belong to this fabulous forum) are fantastic people indeed! :D:D:D

I have a feeling that most of the folks who are really and truly into MV (and belong to this fabulous forum) are fantastic people indeed! :D:D:D

You´re right, Brenda! And that´s the reason why we all love to be here on this site!:happy:

Tell you what, I've been thinking about what I've written above. about members of this "community" At first I thought, "I need to mention Miami Vice so that I'm not told off for yet another off-topic" :o. But then it struck me that it makes sense - you pals are unique indeed. Many of you have this incredible passion not only to enjoy the 1980s show but also to make it part of your lives - all those cars, clothes, interior design. Apart from material things which, I must admit, have never been very important to me, there's so much else. You've got style, a great sense of humour, you seem to value genuine vintage quality over contemporary, ephemeral fashions... I like it that there's so much respect for everybody, no matter whether they were in their teens or twenties when MV was popular or whether they were born in the 1980s or later, no matter what part of the world they are from... You may call me a naive idealist and sneer at me and my childish generalisations which do not become my age :D but well, I don't care :p.

Well said Brenda!And remember:When Miami Vice aired the world was still devided into east and west.And look what we have know: Russians and Americans,Polish and German,Ukrainian and French - all loving together Miami Vice and sharing it.Big respect for your great words!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Administrators

I agree. This site is great but it's the members that make it great! Not to open old wounds but there was a time when .org was a great site, and it didn't have all the great things we have here. All we had was a forum, probably the hottest Vice forum on the net but what made it great was the people! Now all those great members are here and that's the reason we've been so successful. I think of us as a Vice "Family"