14:59

CrockettandTubbs

14:59A slightly more action-packed fic, delivered in small parts to keep the action going! All...will be made...clear....

Prologue:00:15:01The explosion was deafening and the flames were blinding. The spectators, horrified, had to hide their eyes and shelter behind their vehicles. The air was stained with the acrid smell of wood burning, as the motel began to cave in on itself. Smoke billowed high into the air.As some semblance of normality returned, the onlookers felt it safe enough to raise their heads and look out at the destruction before them. One man staggered forward, covered in dirt and trembling terribly. He stared at the smoke and the flames and inhaled the charcoal and the melting metal and blinked, unwilling to believe.Ricardo Tubbs felt the strength leave his knees and he buckled, ignoring the footsteps that rushed forward to comfort him. He could only stare, hearing words muttered in his head.I'll be right behind ya, partner.A comforting arm around his shoulders as he raised his head. He was well aware of the tear dribbling from his left eye but did nothing about it. Instead he called only one name. Screaming into the ruins. "Sonny!"***I can't wait for any comments! I love getting comments! I like them...a lot... *nods*

Keep on writing and sharing your stories with us, CrockettandTubbs! Reading your fan fiction is like watching some new ("lost"?:p) episodes of the show, it's so vivid :):thumbsup:

Thank you Brenda, that means so much to me, I had no idea if I was getting it right...characterisation and everything!!! I will, I have loads of ideas and a series planned...just gotta actually write it down!!So glad you are enjoying them, that makes it all TOTALLY worth writing! :D <-- That's how happy I am right now!!!! A grinning, dancing alligator!

• 3 weeks later...

LNGLK: Read the story?! Yes, yes you can! I was correcting a few little bits!!Christine: I always start well. It's the rest that ain't so good! :DApologies for the delay, all!14:59*****Chapter One:00:00:00Sonny Crockett felt consciousness return to him with a sharp snap, encouraged by years of sleeping lightly and always being on high alert, just in case someone unwelcome paid him a visit. Instantly he opened his eyes and focused on his surroundings, which were different to before.Before what? His memory hadn't recovered as quickly as his wits. "Ah, Mr. Burnett. So wonderful of you to join us once again." The voice was spoken from opposite him, an accent refined by money and life's simple and exquisite pleasures.Now Sonny began to remember. They-him and Rico, as their alter egos Burnett and Cooper-were doing the preliminary meet with a new apparently big time drug dealer who had just made his appearance in Miami after moving from Toronto, in search of the good Florida life, sun and of course hot drugs market. Things had been going well enough...or so Sonny had thought...because his definition of well was not being chained to the pipework of the cellar in the motel...which was where he was right now. Nor did he define a job done good as facing a machine gun. Mr. Stephen Howard smiled that terribly smarmy grin at Sonny, "I do not like you, Burnett. Or your partner."Sonny glanced to one side; Rico was a metre away, chained too, and unconscious still. There was blood on his face, thick brown blood that suggested he was hurt badly. Sonny returned his attention to Howard, who continued to talk. "This, Mr Burnett, is a bomb." He gestured to the device opposite Crockett. Crockett glared at the bomb...this was not good at all."When I leave this room, the timer shall start, and you shall have only fifteen minutes to live. You could try to escape but you will not succeed. In that time, we shall be long gone." Howard laughed at Sonny, "Enjoy your last moments on this Earth, Mr. Burnett. I find that explosive ends often leave the least amount of incriminating evidence..." He gestured to his bodyguards and they swept from the room. The heavy metal door slammed closed, and Sonny focused his eyes on the glowing digital display.00:00:01"Crap."00:00:02Sonny looked to his partner. "Rico!" He called, but Rico did not stir. Sonny wondered how bad his head injury was. "Tubbs!" He stretched his back and inched closer to his partner, kicking Tubbs' shin with his foot. "Tubbs!"There was a moan and an inhalation of breath from his friend, who shifted position and raised his head slightly. "..Wha...?""You okay, pal?" Sonny asked, leaning forward as far as his handcuffs would allow him. He watched Tubbs' expression carefully as consciousness fully returned, and Rico did the same as Sonny, tried to move and found that he could not, due to the cuffs around his left wrist. Sonny saw the hazel eyes piece together the situation, and then Tubbs sat upright. "This is not good, man."Sonny almost smiled at that. "No. This is not good." He tugged at his handcuffs, "They're tight." He investigated the pipework behind his head. He could not pull the handcuff away, and there didn't seem to be an end to the pipe in sight."What's that noise?" Tubbs had picked up on the bleeping noise in the corner. Sonny pointed.00:00:48"Is that..." Tubbs murmured."Yes." Sonny answered."Did ya do the bomb schematics course at the Academy?" Rico pressed, eyes not leaving the bomb."No. You?"Rico shook his head. "How long, man?""When it reaches fifteen minutes, that's it. We, and all the people in this motel, go up in smoke." Sonny frowned, thinking about the back-up that he and Tubbs had rigorously declined only three hours before. "Wish we had that back up now...""Castillo knows that we were meant to be back..." Rico glanced at his watch, "Half an hour ago. They'll come looking." He sounded confident. "Until then, we better find a way to get out of these...""We got fourteen minutes now."A pair of green eyes and a pair of brown eyes watched the glowing numbers as they changed from 00:00:59 to 00:01:00.***Heh heh! I'll update again when I have proofread the next chapter....!

• 3 weeks later...