A question about the range of a Scarab and the size of its cabin

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Does anybody know what kind of range you could expect from a Scarab with a full tank of gas? C&T "sailed" to St. Andrews island in one. This is realistic, right? (What verb would you use to describe the forward motion of a powerboat besides "to sail"?)How big is the cabin of your typical cig? Are they big enough to keep you comfortable if you wanted to spend, say, a week out at sea? Can somebody please post some interior photos of one? Are there any episodes where the cabin of Sonny's is visible?

The tank I believe was 200-250 gal. Mine has a range of quite a bit depending on how I drive. If I cruise at 3100-3300rpm I can run all weekend on a tank of fuel and cross the great lakes and motor around relentlessly.The minute you get above 3700rpm the four barrels open in the carbs and it drinks fuel!To answer your question of range...yes it can make it.As for comfort it is very comfortable if you are not clostrophobic. The headroom is a bit low but there is plenty of room to sit comfortably on the couch or lay in bed. I live on my boat all summer long at my Marina. It's not for everyone but I love it! The Scarab is a 38 foot boat and mine is a 39 so it's almost identical.