Best Film Soundtracks?

CrockettandTubbs

Sid and Nancy had great instrumental tracks that were used beautifully in the film

Pray For Rain - Taxi To Heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJZs68OQmc

Pray For Rain - Off The Boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjxvLJOglc

The Pogues - Junk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBm2nCENjks

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

• Administrators

American Graffiti has always been my favourite soundtack. Always been a huge fan of that old time rock and roll.

Edited by SL1DE

This film came as a great surprise to me back in 2003 and had a lot in common with Mad Dog and Glory (1993).

Mark Isham delivers yet another stunning soundtrack.

Speaking of Mad Dog and Glory, here's a piece called The Lonely Guy Theme by Elmer Bernstein.

A fine and moody jazz tune that fit perfectly along with the films tragic/comedic atmosphere.

They sure don't make 'em like this anymore.

Two powerful compositions by Vangelis.

Full of warmth and atmosphere. 

Perfect music to sit back and relax along with an ice cold drink and just float away.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For me Danny Elfman's brilliant main theme in Tim Burton's two Batman films and the intro of Batman: The Animated Series will always be the best Batman theme. 

An underrated and beautiful Elfman tune that truly captures the mental breakdown of Selina Kyle.

• 7 months later...

Lalo Schifrin comes to mind first when thinking of favorite movie scores, especially his work on Bullitt.

• Like 2

I was raised on soundtracks. I had the soundtrack to MV and began watching the show because of the music. Some filmmakers (Michael Mann leading the pack) can speak to me deeply, solely on how they make music and images interact.

• Like 1

Lalo Schifrin comes to mind first when thinking of favorite movie scores, especially his work on Bullitt.

Great soundtrack and artwork !

*Random thought* I wonder if Michael Mann got the Miami Vice font from"Bullit". That's a cool movie btw, awesome car chase.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just got the 2012 double CD version released by FSM: Silver Age Classics, of Body Heat (1981) by the great John Barry. I have always enjoyed that kind of music. Cool, soothing/sleazy saxophone/jazz driven soundtracks from the late 70s and early 80s, and Barry sure did a fantastic job on this one. Perfect night time music. A bit sleazy and erotic but still very classy, just as one might expect from Barry: