DJ to star in new TV Series

Gary1911A1

Well....i think Don deserves the best. I wouldnt like to see him as a hair stylist LOLI was watching "Dead Bang" this week.. I dont know but, if i would be him, i never would accept a cop role again (except a MV reboot). Hair stylist or not, new roles are good to show his talent. For him, Sonny Crockett its his business card, but its time for different stuff.

I think MV might have been the seventh -- and only successful -- pilot he did. He filmed a lot of duds before that.

He did a pilot last year that didn't get picked up.He's the King of Pilots. Didn't Nash Bridges have a pilot? It was successful.

Yeah it was and I get the feeling that the reason why some of those post MV and Nash Bridges pilots didnt work is because it felt like he was playing the same character again like in that legal drama he did for the WB/CU a few years ago, to me it just felt like he was playing a toned down Sonny Crockett, this time working as a lawyerPersonally I think he needs to do something so anti his personality and anti Crockett to break the stigma that he's developed and essentially do do what Patrick Steward did with PBS's hamletbasically make people forget that he was Crockett in his performance in the same way that Patrick Steward made you forget he was Captain Picard in Hamlet and Hell if he does end up doing another police show he should try and act as stoic as Castilo to achieve that as well!

Great news and all' date=' but what DJ needs to star in is a reboot of Vice. :cool:[/quote'] *Nods in agreement.* One day. Maybe. One day.BUT STILL! DON! YAY! *dances happily*

I was watching "Dead Bang" this week.. I dont know but' date=' if i would be him, i never would accept a cop role again (except a MV reboot). Hair stylist or not, new roles are good to show his talent. For him, Sonny Crockett its his business card, but its time for different stuff.[/quote'] I suspect DJ would really agree with on you on that point. ;) Sadly but this could be one of the reasons he didn't get too many roles after MV. (For example, there were rumors that he turned down the Costner's part in the "Untouchables", how unfortunate is that?) Anyway I'm happy for him, hope that the show will be successful and that we'll see it here in Russia.

So great !!!!! :DI wish DJ the best of this pilot and great success. I always love DJ even as a Hairstylist, but in a little, little part of my mind an my heart he will be Sonny Crockett for ever. :happy:hope to watch the pilot on German TV

I always love DJ even as a Hairstylist' date=' but in a little, little part of my mind an my heart he will be Sonny Crockett for ever.[/quote']It's great that DJ is going to appear in another TV show (hope he won't blow his chances again like it was the case with so many other pilots) but I'd rather watch him as (even fairly aged) Sonny again than a hairdresser (I know, a hairstylist but it makes no difference to me). When I first read this news, it made me remember Caitlin's ironic remark: "What are you gonna protect me with, a blow-dryer?" :):):) She may have been right, after all!

I can't wait to see him in this pilot - because a Hairstylist in Beverly Hills must look good! No old man, no grey hairs, good looking body..... Oh I must see him!!!! :happy::D

hope he won't blow his chances again like it was the case with so many other pilots) but I'd rather watch him as (even fairly aged) Sonny again than a hairdresser (I know" data-date=" a hair[I">

stylist but it makes no difference to me). When I first read this news, it made me remember Caitlin's ironic remark: "What are you gonna protect me with, a blow-dryer?" :):):) She may have been right, after all!

He didn't "blow his chances". A pilot either gets picked up or not.

I can't wait to see him in this pilot - because a Hairstylist in Beverly Hills must look good! No old man' date=' no grey hairs, good looking body..... Oh I must see him!!!! :happy::D[/quote']I am really looking forward to how he looks also. What look he chooses, clothes, etc. Can't wait :D

stylist but it makes no difference to me). When I first read this news, it made me remember Caitlin's ironic remark: "What are you gonna protect me with, a blow-dryer?" :):):) She may have been right, after all!

I hadn't thought about Caitlin saying that until you mentioned it. It is kind of funny.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest on Don's new TV Pilot, 'Mann's World' - Jesse Johnson is listed in the cast listing as "Adam Mann". Good for Jesse:thumbsup: Also, Kelly Hu (Nash Bridges), Ellen Barkin, Taylor Kinney (Mason on The Vampire Diaries) :p, J. R. Bourne ?, Mario Cantone (Sex and the City). Saying prayers, crossing fingers and toes that this pilot gets picked up for the Fall SeasonIf anyone hears when the pilot will be filmed, please let us know. And, can people in L.A. get tickets to the pilot?

I can tell you that, were it not for the presence of DJ, this sounds like a show I'd have zero interest in. But given that it is The Man Himself, I'm hoping it makes it to the schedule. The signing of Ellen Barkin tells me there are high hopes somewhere for its success.(Funny that DJ first made it big on a show produced by M. Mann and is now attempting a comeback playing "A. Mann.")

I can tell you that' date=' were it not for the presence of DJ, this sounds like a show I'd have zero interest in. But given that it is The Man Himself, I'm hoping it makes it to the schedule. The signing of Ellen Barkin tells me there are high hopes somewhere for its success.(Funny that DJ first made it big on a show produced by M. Mann and is now attempting a comeback playing "A. Mann.")[/quote']Frankly, I'm not a Sex And The City fan - never watched it, or very little. but Michael Patrick King was very successful with it. This cast is really hot, so it seems it's getting a lot of push right now. I think it sounds really good :thumbsup:(Funny that DJ first made it big on a show produced by M. Mann and is now attempting a comeback playing "A. Mann.") --That is funny:D

I have also been following this closely - sounds like an interesting line up. I really hope it gets picked up!

For someone who one day said: "I...I like to play a priest...." Like I said, though i wouldnt like to see Don as hairstylist, maybe this is a character that could give him more room to create something more intereresting than a priest.About Don spit over "The Untouchables", bad choice or not that would be Sonny against a gangster killer...