DJ to star in new TV Series

Gary1911A1

Don JohnsonThats good news for Don.I hope the show is successful.Hes a great actor we know him as playing Sonny Crockett aka Sonny Bernett.But I think he can plan any character good and bad look when he lost his memory on Miami Vice and played the bad Sonny Bernett.Don was very good in the long hot summer.:happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some not too promising news about A Mann's World - Deadline is reporting that NBC may have decided not to go with it :cry: However, it may possibly be picked up by a cable network. Will have to keep an eye on this to see what happens - I don't know how official this is, so fingers crossed that the show does go ahead. I really want to see DJ on the small screen again!http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/wonder-woman-not-going-forward-at-nbc-manns-world-may-be-shopped-to-cable/The website variety.com is saying that they are still on the fence about it, so here's hoping still!http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118036823?refCatId=14

Damn! I start guessing that maybe DJ must take part in exactly the same number of "failed pilots" as he did before MV to get a good new show at last. :rolleyes: (Sorry, nervous joking...) Though I've read somewhere that he didn't really want to be in "Mann's World" show so much in the first place, so maybe it's good for him, I don't know. Anyway I hope that at least it will make a good TV-movie, even if not picked up, and that we'll see it someday. *Fingers crossed*.

Hoping this gets picked up by a cable channel. Not "formula" enough for regular network tv.

Well...I'm not too sad...eve though I would LOVE to see him again of course, I just couldnt imagine him as a hair stylist.. sorry, I just think that's not him. Anything else, but not a hair stylist. Hopefully they'll find something much better for him. I wonder why nobody at these production companies gets the idea of a continuance or at least a movie of MV. I have tons of ideas for a storyline, I'm sure we all do..maybe we should tell em! ;)

Bad news.:cry::cry:I grant Donnie a regular employment at a new series, of course as a protagonist.I think nowadays TV-stations often haven't enough "patience" to try it with a new show. When it doesn't reach a high number of viewer levels, it gets discharged.:pNaturally, I want to see Donnie in a crime series or a lawyer series. I really don't understand why he hasn't a role as an investigator in shows like Law & Order or CSI??

Law & Order or CSI??

Maybe, he doesn´t want to play such a role again because it reminds everybody on his best role in MV. I think that´s the curse if one has played a special, very successful role for several years. Everybody compars him with that role and it´s hard to be successful with playing other roles.I know that DJ has tried it again and again, but not one role was as successful as Sonny Crockett. Maybe, his role as Nash Bridges, at least, comes close to that.

Maybe' date=' he doesn´t want to play such a role again because it reminds everybody on his best role in MV. I think that´s the curse if one has played a special, very successful role for several years. Everybody compars him with that role and it´s hard to be successful with playing other roles.[/quote']You're right again!:)But we don't exactly know whether he doesn't like to play such a role and refuses roles where he plays investigators OR there are no offers!!!(Un)fortunately it's a fact: Donnie is a perfect investigator!!!:thumbsup:

Maybe' date=' he doesn´t want to play such a role again because it reminds everybody on his best role in MV. I think that´s the curse if one has played a special, very successful role for several years. Everybody compars him with that role and it´s hard to be successful with playing other roles.I know that DJ has tried it again and again, but not one role was as successful as Sonny Crockett. Maybe, his role as Nash Bridges, at least, comes close to that.[/quote'] Christine, I think you've hit it on the spot. Everybody wants just see "the Sonny" or just something similar. But you can see still almost constantly. An actor has delivered once a role perfect for a long time he is set on it. I think with DJ goes it still so far, that even all, still want it to look just like in 1985th. Views with different hair style or even something like "casual look", he is already negative on the hit list. He will always have problems in other films. I love most of his "after" incurred movies, but maybe I put myself in another way apart and leave to another. Ultimately, this also applies for PMT, and all other MV-performer, I mean. They have delivered before almost a quarter of a century for 5-6 years, a real big thing. And as you see to us - they are never forgotten!

Law & Order or CSI??

As for the lawyer series, I think "Just Legal" was a cool show, at least I really enjoyed it, and it's a pity that they cancelled it for some silly reason, not giving it enough chance. :cry: And like I probably already said, I would definitely become a CSI fan if DJ was there. ;) Actually I've read somewhere that he was considered for a part there (if I'm not mistaken), but I don't know if he refused or was rejected.

Latest on Don's new TV Pilot' date=' 'Mann's World' - Jesse Johnson is listed in the cast listing as "Adam Mann". Good for Jesse:thumbsup: Also, Kelly Hu (Nash Bridges), Ellen Barkin, Taylor Kinney (Mason on The Vampire Diaries) :p, J. R. Bourne ?, Mario Cantone (Sex and the City). Saying prayers, crossing fingers and toes that this pilot gets picked up for the Fall SeasonIf anyone hears when the pilot will be filmed, please let us know. And, can people in L.A. get tickets to the pilot?[/quote']JR Bourne is a Canadian actor, that had a recurring role on Stargate SG-1. Also guest starred on many tv series.FringeCSI: Vegas/MiamiNCIS24Dead ZoneSmallvilleThe MentalistBourne co-starred with DJ in the 2003 film Word of Honor.Also appeared in The Exorcism of Emily Rose and the 2001 remake of 13 Ghosts.

It must be almost bittersweet sometimes for actors to have such a successful role that propels them to stardom & makes them well recognised and respected amongst the industry. There's always this risk of them being typecast afterwards & this would be frustrating if the actor wanted to break away from this role.It's bit ironic if you think about it this way - DJ is such a brilliant and versatile actor that he would be able to pull off a variety of characters. But it's because of this great acting skill that he made Sonny Crockett one of the most memorable characters ever & for a lot of people it's difficult to see him as anything else but Crockett or a law enforcement officer/legal representative of some sort.I would love to see him on CSI or something like that, or NCIS (which I am a huge fan of). I guess you can't go wrong with an already established hit show. Come to think of it - I think DJ would have been brilliant on Boston Legal, because he is great at doing that type of witty humour that was featured on the show.But still, there's no doubt we all want to know what happened to Crockett and Tubbs (and Elvis!), and there are so many potential storylines for a movie, or even a TV movie. And if Michael Mann ever needs ideas - he can ask the fans here!! :)