Differences in US version vs UK version?

sonnysgirl

Does anybody know if and what the differences are between the US and the UK versions? I bought S1, 4 and 5 in the german version so far (they have them readily available in the stores here) but I know that they cut the german version quiet a lot and I rather have the originals anyways. So I ordered a UK import on amazon but it's taking 6 weeks to get here! And then I figured I mine as well get the ones from the US (asked a friend of mine to send me the box set), but I'm really wondering if there's a difference; somebody on amazon commented that there's 5 minutes of the finale ending missing? is this true?? I'm a bit confused here, can anybody help?Thank you!

the differences of UK' date=' US, GER and FR boxes:[/quote'] Very interesting!Is it possible anywhere to read about it in English?

Very interesting!Is it possible anywhere to read about it in English?

Unfortunaly I don't think so LNGLK, because this is a mainly a problem of german DVD season boxes.When MIAMI VICE aired in 1986 at ARD here in germany, it was cut to fit into the best airing time. It was mostly cut to 45min per episode.And as it is a tradition in german TV, not only to add untertitles like in other countries (like The Netherlands for example), but to put the german translation voices over the originals, Universal decided to use the 1980's ARD cut versions of the show.Otherwise the whole series had to be dubbed completely new for the 2006 release of the DVD's!So many true fans in germany also bought the UK or US or FR series to be able to watch the whole show uncut.If you have concrete questions LNGLK or cheetah I will try to answer it by searching in the german thread!

Funny, but I thought it was about 45min per episode originally! :eek: (I mean without ads, of course... with adverstising it lasted about an hour on Russian TV.) How long does the episode must last in US and UK versions, then?

As I am not an expert of those cut times, i did some short research in our german part.It is not as much cut as you may think. It is from sometimes a second to a few minutes.For example in freefall there is missing 2:44 minutes!The whole flashback of the series at the very end is cut away.This is of course a very drastic example. I don't know what exactly made ARD cut the series.But it was definately a time-cause not censorship or something!

cheetahDon't you think, the same was done by НТВ in Russia?I remember quite well, they cut off the last seconds/minutes in Line of Fire and Afternoon Plane. I was VERY surprised when saw, that neither Tubbs"s girl, nor the fake witness died(these were the first examples that came to my head)

LNGLK, I'll take you word for it, because I don't really remember the НТВ broadcast distinctly enough to discuss the details. :o Shame on them, if they really cut out such significant parts. Now I can't help wondering if it happened vice versa too... could they cut some parts off the DVD version which were shown on TV before? :confused: I mean besides the famous scene from "By Hooker By Crook".

Oh, no... I can't find it on Youtube... :cry: Has they deleted it or what? :confused:I meant the erotic scene with DJ and Melanie Griffith, intercut with the murder scene... I've read it was cut on the DVD version due to censorship (probably on the TV version too, besides the very first broadcast). The uncut version was on Youtube, but now I can't find it...

Thank you Christian! yes I am. Thanks for the link' date=' that's a lot to read! ;-) I think I'm gonna go with the US version box set :-)btw, I like your location! That's exactly where I'm at! :D[/quote']Yeah it is a great place to go,like a little holiday!:)But remember:Your DVD player has to be able to play the U.S. NTSC format!UK version is the same I guess but in european PAL format.Viele Grüße

Oh' date=' no... I can't find it on Youtube... :cry: Has they deleted it or what? :confused:I meant the erotic scene with DJ and Melanie Griffith, intercut with the murder scene... I've read it was cut on the DVD version due to censorship (probably on the TV version too, besides the very first broadcast). The uncut version was on Youtube, but now I can't find it...[/quote'] This one?:http://www.izles.org/uncut-scene-from-miami-vice-ep-063-by-hooker-by-crookquot-54.html

Yeah it is a great place to go' date='like a little holiday!:)But remember:Your DVD player has to be able to play the U.S. NTSC format!UK version is the same I guess but in european PAL format.Viele Grüße[/quote'] oops didnt think of that... is it ok with you if I send you a pm?

oops didnt think of that... is it ok with you if I send you a pm?

Sure.Feel free to send me a PM!

They write @an error occurred@

Sorry for posting that link... I can't watch it myself!:o I should have tried to see it before posting...