Redeem Thyself

CrockettandTubbs

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say I haven't forgotten this story and I am not deliberately leaving everyone in suspense...my grandmother died late last month and since then, I have not really felt like writing. It's strange how grief affects people in different ways; I have not been able to pick up a pen or watch much MV for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, once the funeral is finished tomorrow and I have done my reading, things will start to pick up. Until then...thank you for reading and...I'll be back as soon as I can. :happy:

• 4 years later...
On 30.03.2011 at 2:06 PM, CrockettandTubbs said:

Redeem ThyselfSorry for not updating yesterday; I intended to, but I wasn’t feeling well and fell asleep with my computer still on! My fanzine arrived today from the States; it’s really surreal to be reading fanfiction in a magazine format...makes me wish I could do the same with my stories.Enjoy! ***Chapter Seven:Sonny and Stan crept across the scrap heap, taking care not to slip or make any more noise than was absolutely necessary. Stan could see Sonny was furious and anxious; he had been silent in the car joinery, vicious in his driving, eyes focused on the road, taking the corners at high speed and never letting up on the throttle. Stan had coordinated with Castillo, giving him the location of the scrapyard, and the Lieutenant said he would send back up immediately.But Sonny was not willing to wait. He was not going to leave his partner with Kiefer for one more second. So they had left the car and headed toward the centre of the yard, guns ready.Sonny suddenly crouched down, gesturing for Stan to do the same. He edged toward the remains of a car and peered through the shattered window, taking a deep breath in as he did so, looking for his partner. It took him a moment to spot Rico, who was stood with his hands cuffed in front of him--Sonny nearly winced at the indignity--two machine guns pointed at his head, one either side. Kiefer was stood nearby, hands on his hips. Tubbs’ attention was solely on him, and he looked relaxed. The other four men Gina had mentioned were guarding the surrounding area. Sonny ducked out of sight, turned away and sighed, feeling Stan press in beside him. “Outnumbered, outgunned and outmatched. With Tubbs in the middle.”“What do you want to do?” Stan replied.“We have to wait for back up--” Sonny swallowed, as if it were the one thing he did not want to admit to. “They’ll kill him if we try to go in now.” He looked back to his partner, “Damn it, Rico.” He murmured, “Why this way?” He couldn’t tear his eyes from Rico, remembering his harsh words concerning his partner and Kiefer. This was his punishment. “I’m coming, buddy. Hang in there.”There were footsteps beside them-Stan greeted Larry, almost relieved. “We’re here-Castillo is the other side of the scrapyard. He can see Tubbs. Sonny, radio.”Sonny took the radio, “Crockett.”“Call it.” Castillo’s reply was blunt.“I-I can’t.” Sonny stuttered. “I don’t know...”He watched as Kiefer drew back his fist and pounded it straight into Rico’s stomach. His friend recoiled violently-it clearly hurt-and when Kiefer said something else, Rico turned his head away.“Tubbs knows you are here. Call it, Crockett.” Castillo prompted.Crockett glanced at Stan, who shrugged. “I don’t know.”“Sonny.” Castillo was using Crockett’s first name to get through to him, “Decision. Now.”Sonny looked back to Rico again. If Rico knew that he was here, then he would have come prepared...Kiefer had drawn a pistol and was pointed it at his partner. He had a matter of moments.His eyes fell on the briefcase a few meters behind Rico. The realization hit him hard. “Everyone, on my count.” He put his finger on the trigger of his gun, watching Rico stiffen as Kiefer prepared to shoot him. He had to have made the right choice. He took in a deep breath and then leapt up from his hiding place, “Rico!”The guards holding Rico jumped-but his partner did not. He simply watched Sonny as he fired his gun-not at Kiefer, not at the men holding Tubbs prisoner, but at the innocuous case on the ground.The case exploded into fire and smoke, and in the confusion, Sonny screamed for his colleagues to move. They charged in, and Sonny was at the forefront. The smoke began to clear, and he could finally take in the scene. All around him, guns were pointed at the bad guys, sniper rifles and machine guns ready to catch everyone that moved. One of the bodyguards was already collapsed on the floor, skin crusted and burnt. He had been standing too close to the briefcase. Fleetingly, Sonny saw Rico collapsed in the dirt, very still. He prayed that he had simply been knocked unconscious. But he had something more important to focus on right now. He pointed pointed his gun at Kiefer, caught up in the moment and the adrenaline, “You’re under arrest.”Kiefer pulled out his gun too and pointed it at Crockett, “I don’t think so.”Sonny did not flinch. “Blink, and you’re mine.”Kiefer stared at Sonny, as if judging him and how serious he really was. Sonny could hear guns cocking around him, “No. We want him alive. You’ll pay for everything you have done, Kiefer.”Kiefer laughed, “Allow me to add one more sin to my rap sheet, Detective. The murder of a police officer.”“I will fire first.” Sonny warned, “Do not try it.”Kiefer narrowed his eyes, and then began to lower his pistol. But when Sonny took a step forward, Kiefer pulled the trigger. Sonny did not wince-he pulled his trigger without blinking. The bullet buried itself into Kiefer’s forehead. Sonny swallowed, letting out the breath that he had been holding. Why had Kiefer deliberately missed...Sonny span on the spot when he heard someone, somewhere call his name. Kiefer had not been aiming for him. “Rico!” He crossed to his partner, whose eyes were closed. There was blood all over his shirt, “Rico!”Sonny pulled his friend into his arms, trying to shake him back to consciousness, “Buddy, hang on.” He called for an ambulance, receiving a response that it was minutes away. Did Rico have minutes? Sonny couldn’t tell.“Don’t you dare die on me here, partner!” He couldn’t bring himself to look at the blood, couldn’t tear his eyes from Rico’s still face, “Buddy, come on, wake up.” This was not happening.He clenched Rico’s hand in his for the briefest of moments, “Rico!”But then there was slight pressure on his hand. He looked down to see Tubbs’ fingers clench against his. And then the green eyes flickered open.***I would suggest that there are about three more chapters to go...hope this cliff hanger is not so cruel this time! Thank you for reading, one and all :happy:

That's very interesting!!! I want more this story

• Like 1

• 5 years later...