Original ? Daytona for sale

jpaul1

• Administrators

Looks nice but definitely buyer beware! I wonder why no shots of the interior?

It's bogus. I remember seeing a video of the volvo museum, and they showed this car, and a vice crew jacket on the wall. .......even the crew jacket was a replica! :D (believe me, if you've seen my scrapbook section, I know a real from a replica) Bottom line, great restoration, but it, and the jacket are both bogus.They are making false claims.

• Administrators

If you click on the link below the car there appears to be more pics of the car on another page.140K! :eek:

Indeed and the story with this one is that Carl Roberts after taking car 1 apart while trying to create a testarossa stunt car from it left the body off and got rid of the rest instead going with a rebodied detomaso pantera for the stuntcarand then the producers of Speed Zone came calling and supposedly he took the old car 1 body put it on that corvette and sent it off to them:

bad movie by the way, the only good bit is the chase at the begining with the countach.lost the car in legal ramblings and then someone put it up for sale on ebay in 06 and volo bought it and now there trying to capitalize on it selling it for tripple what a great mcburnie goes for.but I did notice something funny about it thoughEingefügtes Bildit is using the same spinners as the show car, even with the proper caps carl might have had them laying around after he swtiched the ones on the mv car for the black ones, so atleast one part of it could have very well come from the MV cars still though it should be about 1/3rd of the price for a maybe, about 35 - 45 k not 140k

• 1 year later...

Indeed and the story with this one is that Carl Roberts after taking car 1 apart while trying to create a testarossa stunt car from it left the body off and got rid of the rest instead going with a rebodied detomaso pantera for the stuntcarand then the producers of Speed Zone came calling and supposedly he took the old car 1 body put it on that corvette and sent it off to them:

This car was used in the movie "Speed Trap", but was not used in Miami Vice. Carl Roberts did supply this car as well as a second car to be used in "Speed Trap". However, I do not even think this car was built by McBurnie. The serial number and the year of the chassis (as well as a number of other items) are not correct for either of the cars used in the Miami Vice series.

actually I just noticed something else about it, it is using his windshield trim in that photo, looks a touch different though from the stock one somehow.

WOW........Hundred grand plus for a faux-pas Ferrari and they can't even bolt on the bumpers straight!WTF???Sorry...its the synacle part of me being in the body trade most of my life and seeing small things like that make my blood boil!I would never let a car leave the shop with bumpers in that state of assembly!Shame on them.

WOW........Hundred grand plus for a faux-pas Ferrari and they can't even bolt on the bumpers straight!WTF???Sorry...its the synacle part of me being in the body trade most of my life and seeing small things like that make my blood boil!I would never let a car leave the shop with bumpers in that state of assembly!Shame on them.
uhh that was before it was restored' date=' this is how it looks now with that asking price:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcbOucaeUM

No grill, no tag light and one headlight on the left is circular and the one next to it square, but they atleast got a replacement zenith wire wheel sticker for the left front there, unless the one missing it is on the other side of the car facing the wall.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcbOucaeUM No grill, no tag light and one headlight on the left is circular and the one next to it square, but they atleast got a replacement zenith wire wheel sticker for the left front there, unless the one missing it is on the other side of the car facing the wall.

Then it's still a poor job. Makes one wonder what CameraDaytona's car is worth then, as his is, in fact, the REAL deal!