Miami Vice: Sonny Crockett's Return

agent 47

Just a new fan fiction I thought I'd post for your (the reader, of course:)) enjoyment, this is a new story that takes place sometime after the closing show "Freefall" but is not part of the alternate universe I created in my previous fan fiction stories.

Chapter One: Picking Up the TrailDr. Mendez was swimming across his pool when the white Testarossa pulled up outside his art deco house, he was swimming with his face pointed up and he could only hear the sound of water in his submerged ears. He felt thirsty but dared not drink the water in the pool. He swam back to the edge of the pool and climbed the ladder back up to the patio, he wiped himself down with a towel to get dry, as he finished he finally noticed the angry man in the white Blazer standing at the foot of the stairs leading down to the pool area ...Sonny Crockett stood there staring at the man full of anger, it was rare to see Crockett this angry but this wasn't the usual Crockett. Crockett took of his Wayfarers and stuffed them in his pockett and walked down the stairs to the good doctor."Well, this is a suprise Mr. Crockett, to what do I owe this hopefully pleasant visit?" Dr. Mendez said with a false smile."Where is he?" Crockett said in a low but harsh tone."To whom do you speak of?" Dr. Mendez said innocently.Crockett turned to him and shot him a nasty, angry look, he then quickly but forcefully slammed his fist into the man's chest, he then grabbed him by his hair and tossed him the pool. The doctor surfaced and Crockett grabbed him by his hair."What have you done with Ricardo Tubbs?!!" Crockett roared.Crockett pulled his fist back ready to slam him in the face until he heard his name from a familiar voice."Crockett!" Castillo said trying to prevent his former brother-in-arms from beating this man to a pulp."This crook doesn't know anything, let him go and follow me." Castillo said and turned around, Crockett was stunned, he suddenly came to his senses and let Dr. Mendez go and followed Castillo.Crockett had a lot to be angry about, his former job is gone and now he's working as a private eye, his former partner has gone missing whilst investigating a new drug cartel like no other, Crockett's life has been threatened and the only lead he has is the good doctor who is one of the cartel's chemists.It was going to be a long day for Sonny Crockett.

Chapter Two: Picking Up The CarRicardo Tubbs woke up hearing the knock at the motel door, he woke up and nearly tripped over a bag of veggie burger wrappers. He was wearing last night's clothese which were a little wrinkled and he was still kind of out of it when he reached the door. He looked through the keyhole and saw Franz Mendez, the Doctor's brother. Tubbs opened the door."Hey man, what you want?" Tubbs said. Tubbs hasn't met the man personally but has been watching him for the past week, was his cover blown already?"Hey sir, I just wanted to have some ice for next door, the ice-maker doesn't seem to be working." Mendez said."These motels don't have ice-makers chump." Tubbs said.Mendez yanked out his revolver and whipped Tubbs in the face with it, Tubbs fell to the ground and Mendez hit him again behind the head knocking him out cold. Mendez yanked Tubbs out of the doorway and dragged him to his car and opened the trunk, he then proceeded to put Tubbs in the trunk and shut it, he then got back in his car just as his car phone rang, he answered it."Yeah? Yes I got him in the back, I'll take him to the docks and dump him in the ocean, don't you worry ... what do you mean I have to take him back to you, alive? ... okay, okay, it's your choice." Mendez slammed the phone back into place. He then turned over his shoulder and looked at the back seat."It's your lucky day, Detective Tubbs."It was around lunchtime when Crockett got off the plane and was taken to the parking lot where his Testarossa was left for him.Crockett got into his Testarossa, he smiled and took the little note off the dashboard "Courtesy of Ricardo Tubbs! Tough-Unique-Bad-Bold-Sassy!" and put it in the glove compartment, he then proceeded to pick up the small envelope in the seat next to him. He opened it and a key to a motel room fell out along with a note with directions, Crockett started the car and drove off towards the motel. As Crockett drove he wondered why Tubbs didn't meet him at the airport, was something wrong?

Chapter Three: Izzy's VisitCrockett arrived at the motel after fighting through some heavy traffic. When he arrived he saw that Tubbs' caddy was sitting in the parking lot, he parked next to the caddy, got out and opened the door to Tubbs' room. As Crockett opened the door he knew something was wrong, he yanked his gun from his shoulder holdster and entered cautiously. The place was a mess, pizza boxes and cans laying all over the place, pictures were attached to a string hanging from one side of the room to the other. Crockett walked over to the pictures and took a look at them ...Crockett recognized a few of the faces from his old Vice Squad days, the Mendez brothers who were a couple of 'cowboys' out of Dallas, Texas, Armando Vasco who immigrated from Bolivia not to ten years ago, but there was another man he failed to recognize. A man who obviously wasn't from South America, he was wearing a black suit with sunglasses and curly hair ...Crockett heard something behind him, it was the sound of a pizza box collapsing under someone's step. Crockett spun around gun in hand ...Izzy Moreno automatically put up his hands."Hey, Crockett, sorry if I startled you meng but the door was kinda' open and ..." Izzy said.Crockett lowered his gun "What the hell are you doing here?" Crockett demanded."I came to see your loyal partner, Rico, he around?" Izzy said."No, no he isn't, why do you want to see him?" Crockett said."It's about this Mendez business he's been working on, do you have any orange juice meng?" Izzy asked."Yeah, I guess, but what is this Mendez thing?" Crockett asked.Izzy had already opened the fridge and got some orange juice out, he drank straight from the carton. "Something that will blow your mind." Izzy said.Mendez pulled up outside a house in the suburbs, he parked the car inside the garage and closed the door behing him. As Mendez opened the trunk his brother the doctor came out and helped carry Tubbs into the house. They carried him upstairs and put him on the bed in the spare room. "What is wrong with that gringo, why didn't he let me dump this idiot?" Franz said."He doesn't want to kill any cops right now." Dr. Mendez said."Just another headache, gringos don't know how to run things right." Franz said."I would keep my mouth shut if I were you, good brother." Dr. Mendez. Both Mendez brothers left the room, locking the door behind them.

Chapter Four: The Big ThreatIzzy had already drank half the carton of orange juice when he was finished telling Crockett everything. The Mendez brothers were working for some ex-cop who had gained a lot of money from moonlighting in the drug trade behind the department's back, now retired he's making the drug trade his full-time employment."Where's Tubbs? I was supposed to give him this information?" Izzy asked."You got me there Izzy, when I got here he was already gone." Crockett said."I sure hope nothing happened to him, mengia those Mendez brothers are not happy campers." Izzy said.Crockett got up and put on his coat. "Come on." Crockett said."Ju got it meng, we gonna go fight crime?" Izzy said."First we got to find Tubbs." Crockett said.Crockett and Izzy took off in the Testarossa, Crockett knew somebody who could get them a little more information, someone very pretty.The Mendez brothers sat in the living room of the house where they took Tubbs. Franz paced around the room while Dr. Mendez sat drinking some liquor."Quit pacing, my brother. Sit and have a nice refreshment." Dr. Mendez said."How can I stop pacing when that stupid gringo is about to destroy everything?" Franz."Calm down, my brother." Dr. Mendez."Yes, calm down Franz." A man said.The man with the curly hair walked in, he sat down in the big chair across from Dr. Mendez."Please sit, I'm dying to hear more of your rants, Franz." The man said.Franz huffed them sat next to his brother."Good." The man said. The man poured himself a drink and put it on the table in front of him."I can understand your worries, Franz. I can also understand your distrust of anglos, but there's a perfectly logical reason why I'm leaving the detective upstairs alive for now." The man said."For now?" Franz asked."Oh, his time will come but for now he needs to stay breathing, we don't know exactly what he knows and what he has told his superiors but we do know that he's been on our case for quite a while." The man said.Both Mendez brothers looked at each other but didn't speak."If this Detective Tubbs has contacted anyone it would have to be the Vice Squad, he is a New York detective so he obviously is working in some kind of joint investigation. Lieutenant Castillo would be his superior, a tough man but very by-the-books. I'd say he isn't too much a threat if he doesn't know much." The man said."So why leave him alive?" Dr. Mendez said."Well, there's someone else we have to worry about, someone who will be a threat if something were to happen to this Detective." The man said."Who?" Dr. Mendez said."James Sonny Crockett, former vice detective now private eye, he was Detective Tubbs' partner." The man said.

(Sorry for the delay in new chapters but I've been kind of busy.)Chapter Five: Feelings for Each OtherCrockett pulled up across from a white building in the Downtown district, the sign above the glass doors said "Gold Coast". Crockett and Izzy got out, Izzy leans up against the car."Watch the paintjob." Crockett said.Izzy backs away stunned."Crockett, okay meng." Izzy says before crossing his arms.A woman walked across the street a few seconds later, she was wearing a white dress and pearls and had a folder under her arm. She stopped in front of Crockett and stared into his eyes."Hi, Gina." Crockett said softly.Gina approached him and hugged him. "It's good to see you." Gina said."Yeah, you too." Crockett said.Gina backed up and looked down, it was obvious they had feelings for each other, that can be quite awkward for some people. Gina handed him the folder."Tubbs was ... is down here investigating the Mendez brothers, they are suspected of being involved in a new drug cartel being formed in New York and South Florida by ex-cops. We have no proof of anything as of yet and have no idea who the cops are, but too many rumors have popped up for this to be ignored." Gina said."What kind of rumors?" Crockett said."Well, many underworld figures have been suddenly turning up dead recently, most of the proof seems to be pointint towards the usual power struggles between families but word on the street suggests otherwise. Tubbs came down here because two of the biggest drug barons in New York City were found dead a week ago and Tubbs was assigned the case." Gina said.Crockett opened the folder, inside was the complete criminal history of the Mendez Brothers, some of it was in spanish due to most of it stretching back to their homeland, he also noted that the address for Dr. Mendez was attached to his criminal record. Crockett closed the folder."After this is all over, can I take you to dinner?" Crockett asked."Of course, Sonny, we can catch up." Gina said.Crockett smiled and looked down."Well, I have to go." Gina said."Okay." Crockett said softly.Gina started to walk across the street, she stopped on the steps of the Gold Coast building and looked at Crockett, she then entered the building.Crockett stood there for a second until Izzy approached him."Hey Crockett, it's getting close to lunchtime, how about we get a burger before continuing this quest?" Izzy asked."Yeah, I guess you're right, let's go." Crockett said.Crockett and Izzy got back in the car.Back at the house in the suburbs, Dr. Mendez and Franz were in the room guarding Tubbs, Tubbs had just been given some tranquilizers to keep him from causing trouble. Dr. Mendez sat in the chair across from the bed they had Tubbs on, Franz was pacing around the room."Why don't you sit down before you wear out your Espadrilles, brother?" Dr. Mendez."Nah, I don't like this anymore." Franz."Like what?" Dr. Mendez asked."I don't trust this Harding gringo, brother." Franz said."I know he didn't allow you to fufill your lust for bloodshed but he really is right." Dr. Mendez said."How does he know so much about the police department?" Franz asked."He has connections maybe." Dr. Mendez said."No, he's working for someone." Franz said."It has occured to me the same thing brother, even though he's a well-dressed man he does have quite the funds to finance our venture, but as I see it as long as we don't rock the boat he won't do anything to harm us." Dr. Mendez said."Yes, yes. Also you hear about our competitors suddenly dying in various circumstances, something big is going on and we are the pawns in it." Franz said."I know brother, I know, but let's continue to breath for now." Dr. Mendez said.