Hi from Australia :)

DefinitelyCrockett

Hi everyone – so glad to find these fan forums dedicated to Miami Vice. I live in Australia & have recently become a massive fan of the show (OK, a bit late, but surely!). I do remember the show when it was originally on in the 80s – mainly the latter years, as I remember Don Johnson with the longer hair and driving a white car. I was too young back then to really understand what the show was about, but I clearly remember the hype about it and that it was one of the hottest and coolest shows on TV. And now I understand why!In Australia, Miami Vice began airing again on 2 different channels in the past 6 months. So I decided that I finally had to catch up with this legendary show. I watched the pilot episode and after the infamous “In The Air Tonight†scene, that was it - I was completely won over! Definitely my kind of show & all the components just came together brilliantly – the scenery, the music, the artistic direction, the fashion, the storylines and of course – the characters. TOTALLY in love with Sonny Crockett!! And of course Elvis! Soon after, I bought Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and after a couple of weeks bought Seasons 3 and 4 - I have been watching it non-stop since. And Season 5 will surely be in my collection very soon – it was just released here over a year ago. I have watched a lot of TV shows over the years & have some of my favourite episodes recorded, but have never been so drawn into a show that I’ve actually gone out and bought the DVD’s. And there have been some great actors on TV in recent decades, but in my opinion Don Johnson has to be up there as being one of the best. Not to sound deluded lol, but there are so many times that I have to remind myself that it’s Don Johnson playing Sonny Crockett – Sonny isn’t "really" real!! But that’s a testament to his effortless and flawless performance and what a talented actor he is. It didn’t take me long to develop a connection to his character & to see how brilliant the pairing of Crockett and Tubbs was – again huge credit to the great acting & chemistry between DJ and PMT. But all the characters are great in their own way & they all make me laugh – Izzy and Noogie are hilarious. OK enough rambling (sorry, a bit excited about this show!). Looking foward to chatting with you all & having a read through this great forum. As a MV “newbieâ€, I’ll probably have a few questions to ask along the way!Cheers!

Welcome to this wonderful forum and greetings from Russia! :)I agree with you about Don Johnson, and about the show in general. ;) Would be happy to answer any questions if I can - just like other members here, I suppose.

Howdy!Greetings from the UK!You're gonna love it here, the people are actually some of the nicest I have ever met...and in a worldwide community, we all have at least one thing in common...WE LOVE MIAMI VICE!(*coughs*and Don Johnson *coughs*) :D

Welcome on board and many greetings from Germany.

CrockettandTubbs we all have at least one thing in common... WE LOVE MIAMI VICE! (*coughs*and Don Johnson *coughs*)

In the first part I agree with C&T:), but not with the part in the brackets!(*clear my throat* and PMT *clear my throat again* ;))

Well another Auzzie! Welcome aboard and glad you could be here.Hope you indulge in the forums and have some fun with us, and by the way on a completely different subject, you Auzzies have the coolest cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A warm welcome DefinitelyCrockett!Actually I have been to Perth, Western Australia when I was a child.It was in 1984, and me and my family stayed there for about half a year!I will keep Australia for ever in my heart!Greetings from Germany

Hello and welcome from me too! I'm still new here too but I can tell you it's a really nice place and the people here are very friendly and there are lots of pictures of Sonny without a shirt :D:D

WELCOME!Your a MIAMI VICE fan too?Want to see Don Johnson's blazers he wore in MIAMI VICE, and VICE photoshoots? I own several! How about rare MIAMI VICE cast and crew items? How about photos from scenes in MIAMI VICE that were cut from the show??Would you like to see props from the show?The actual script to the pilot episode? And....much, MUCH more?Then visit my Personal, Private collection of items in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION!Click here to view all the incredible threads!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/forum...Vice-ScrapbookWelcome to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!!-COOP

DefinitelyCrockett, you're going to LOVE :happy: it here :DEnjoy this Miami Vice site - It's The BEST:thumbsup:.I hope you enjoy my Miami Vice trip stories and pictures - 87, 88, 89 :dance:

Welcome aboard. You are going to have a blast and learn a lot. Season 5 will be worth waiting for. It is one of my favorites.

Hi DefinitelyCrockett welcome to this MV community! Your introduction was very particular, it's always interesting to read how a person became a fan of the show.Greetings from Italy!

Greetings from Poland - for a change :D - welcome to the best Miami Vice site in the world! Your introduction was great - keep posting! Watch out, though - it's an addictive place! :):):)

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome - you sound like an awesome bunch.DJAngel - I am really looking forward to reading your stories - sounds exciting!!! I have always wanted to visit Miami, so will be great to read about your experience - but I'm guessing that yours was extra special being there during the time the show was being filmed. Now that I am familiar with the show, I am so much more excited about going one day.Coop - I have had a quick look through your section. WOW!! I am speechless! I could spend hours looking through there & it's so generous of you to share all of that. Awesome.Hey Christian - so glad you've been able to spend time in Australia! I have not yet been to Perth, but everyone I know who has been there says it's a nice city.We now have double episodes of Miami Vice on Sunday nights at 10pm - last night was The Golden Triangle (both parts 1 and 2). So funny again seeing Crockett dressed as a nerd lol.

Coop - I have had a quick look through your section. WOW!! I am speechless! I could spend hours looking through there & it's so generous of you to share all of that. Awesome.

I hope you spend some time there. It's any true fan's fantasy section.

I hope you spend some time there. It's any true fan's fantasy section.

Absolutely!By the way - have you thought about opening a Miami Vice museum?!!

• 2 months later...

Greetings from one Aussie to another....I too, have just joined this site of pastel paradise! :happy: I enjoyed reading your initial post - I can relate to remembering the visuals of the show and the hype at the time, but not the actual episodes. I was born in 1977, so I was about 8 or 9, at the time it originally aired. I'm just listening to Jan Hammer's Miami Vice: The Complete Collection, on Youtube....I look forward to purchasing the actual CD, soon. What state are you from?