Costa Morada, Rio de Janeiro????????

Mr. Calderon

Well...last episode.....i started to watch.....then suddenly.... I see those riots happening in Costa Morada in the beginning of the episode...and guess what? LOLOL That part where ppl set buses on fire, it´s Rio de Janeiro, 1986 LOLOLOL.... and today, 2011, i work at that street!

• Like 2

Now that had to make your jaw drop! Is there any way you could take a few pictures of some of the same angles that were shown on the episode? I would love to compare them then and now.

Well, probably the producers used an image full of smoke to disguise the place, but for someone who lives here, the color of the buses says its Rio, Avenida Rio Branco, near the number 156. Well...who would think pay attention to this and discuss it on the internet? And yes, these new yellow buses are from the same company who used it red and silver painted.From what I remember such riots were because the federal government releasead the first economic plan to try to hold the prices freezing all of them. One fast food chain, after this, increased the prices and ppl got angry with that and the riots began. Riots for a hamburger.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 6 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2011 at 6:00 PM, Scot from S.C. said:

Now that had to make your jaw drop! Is there any way you could take a few pictures of some of the same angles that were shown on the episode? I would love to compare them then and now.

A great thought...how about it @Mr. Calderon ?  Btw, I know someone who lives in Rio from a former company I worked with, and he has described it as someplace I definitely need to visit one day. I've been to Sao Paulo, Manaus and places further south but never Rio.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2017 at 10:56 AM, Sonny-Burnett said:

A great thought...how about it @Mr. Calderon ?  Btw, I know someone who lives in Rio from a former company I worked with, and he has described it as someplace I definitely need to visit one day. I've been to Sao Paulo, Manaus and places further south but never Rio.

Dont visit us...the city is more violent than ever...sometimes looks we are into a civil war...sorry to say that... i used to say crockett and tubbs wouldnt survive to the first commercial slot time ago...now they wouldnt survive the MV theme openings

lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Dont visit us...the city is more violent than ever...sometimes looks we are into a civil war...sorry to say that... i used to say crockett and tubbs wouldnt survive to the first commercial slot time ago...now they wouldnt survive the MV theme openings

lol

Too bad.  Stay safe.

• Like 1