Episode #56 "Down For The Count" Part 1

Ferrariman

Does anybody have the script?

edit: (see the last few posts on the previous page)

Edited by Dadrian

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

There is no script of this episode available at scriptcity. And they have by far the most MV scripts. I haven't found one anywhere else that isn't on scriptcity. If we had access to the Bob Hoelscher legacy!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

In two sources that I have it's read like this-

"I know it's hard to understand
when you're used to watching
11 slurping steroid mouth-breathers"

I think VFM is correct, Zito is saying in a different way, like he is mocking football in front of Sonny. He was most likely hitting back at Sonny's comment about boxing "Fine points? Oh, you mean whether the guy hits the canvas face up or face down" :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Script may not make any difference. If Zito was ad-libbing a more Jersey ('Joisey') pronunciation of the word, it wouldn't be there. And I'd say it's pretty obvious he's mocking Sonny.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. As stated in my original question (“razzing”) I realize the intent. It’s just the word that I was wondering if I was missing something about. 

It also reminds me of Switek’s (hilarious) “overactive thyroid types” line in Viking Bikers

Maybe John Diehl just combined steroid and thyroid for this one. :) 

• 1 month later...

I just rewatched both of these as research for something I'm working on, and a couple of things struck me. One, of course, is the sloppiness of Zito's death and how they totally failed to close the loop on anything (how did he get shot up without there being any marks, for example). I don't think they ever exactly mention WHAT he supposedly shot up, either. Seems Dick Wolf was sloppy even back then. Sonny also comes out of this one looking pretty bad. He pushed Larry into the whole thing because of a 19-year-old CI from years back (they weren't even aware Guzman was operating in the area before Larry took them to the fight), but then blows off Moon's death with "this is what we do." Really? Or does it only count if one of Crockett's CIs gets killed (and even then only particular ones)?

On a more positive note, Michael Talbot was fantastic in this episode, as was John Diehl. It's a shame they never used them more intelligently. This also marks one of the few times Vice actually used music from the other dominant genre of the era (metal), although purists will argue Ratt was on the edges of metal and by the Dancing Undercover album were moving even further toward the edges. Still...it's one of the very few times metal raises its head on the show. And a final observation...when Stan is clearing the gym before finding Larry's body, you'll notice the hammer on his Browning Hi-Power is actually back. That means had someone been there, Stan could actually have fired. The Browning is single-action, meaning the hammer has to be back if you want it to fire (Sonny's pistols were all single-action/double action, meaning you can fire with the hammer down, as the trigger in double-action mode works to pull the hammer back). I've lost track of the number of times I've seen characters running toward the action (I'm looking at you, Agent Gibbs from NCIS) with something like an old Colt M1911-A1, and the hammer is DOWN. And then they threaten to shoot someone. Not gonna happen.

Both episodes, especially part 2, felt rushed to me. You have the great scene where Stan shoots Guzman in the mall (with a seriously intense look on his face), and then cut to the boat and drinks? And everyone's holding hands more or less? It just didn't flow well to me. And did anyone else notice Gina seemed to be wearing an engagement ring in the briefing room scene in Part 2 when she's talking with Trudy?

39 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I just rewatched both of these as research for something I'm working on, and a couple of things struck me. One, of course, is the sloppiness of Zito's death and how they totally failed to close the loop on anything (how did he get shot up without there being any marks, for example). I don't think they ever exactly mention WHAT he supposedly shot up, either. Seems Dick Wolf was sloppy even back then. Sonny also comes out of this one looking pretty bad. He pushed Larry into the whole thing because of a 19-year-old CI from years back (they weren't even aware Guzman was operating in the area before Larry took them to the fight), but then blows off Moon's death with "this is what we do." Really? Or does it only count if one of Crockett's CIs gets killed (and even then only particular ones)?

On a more positive note, Michael Talbot was fantastic in this episode, as was John Diehl. It's a shame they never used them more intelligently. This also marks one of the few times Vice actually used music from the other dominant genre of the era (metal), although purists will argue Ratt was on the edges of metal and by the Dancing Undercover album were moving even further toward the edges. Still...it's one of the very few times metal raises its head on the show. And a final observation...when Stan is clearing the gym before finding Larry's body, you'll notice the hammer on his Browning Hi-Power is actually back. That means had someone been there, Stan could actually have fired. The Browning is single-action, meaning the hammer has to be back if you want it to fire (Sonny's pistols were all single-action/double action, meaning you can fire with the hammer down, as the trigger in double-action mode works to pull the hammer back). I've lost track of the number of times I've seen characters running toward the action (I'm looking at you, Agent Gibbs from NCIS) with something like an old Colt M1911-A1, and the hammer is DOWN. And then they threaten to shoot someone. Not gonna happen.

Both episodes, especially part 2, felt rushed to me. You have the great scene where Stan shoots Guzman in the mall (with a seriously intense look on his face), and then cut to the boat and drinks? And everyone's holding hands more or less? It just didn't flow well to me. And did anyone else notice Gina seemed to be wearing an engagement ring in the briefing room scene in Part 2 when she's talking with Trudy?

The only thing I can think of is the 2 big goons held him down the best they could without leaving a mark.

But I don't know if that is possible without bruising his arms, maybe his jacket helped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

The only thing I can think of is the 2 big goons held him down the best they could without leaving a mark.

But I don't know if that is possible without bruising his arms, maybe his jacket helped. 

I thought of that. It was also possible one of them got him in a sleeper hold or something similar. But they made a point of showing Larry could box pretty well, so the odds of him not even having minor defensive wounds feels pretty low. That and they would have had a hard time getting a clean injection that way (let alone explaining the absence of a single track mark for the whole "he was a closet junkie" theory). I think it was just sloppy writing curtesy of our old friend Mr. Wolf.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
CASH:If he dream of doin' somethin' to me, he better wake up and apologize.

Great line, recycled years later by Quentin Tarantino in Reservoir Dogs! :redface:

MR. WHITE: You shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize.

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, Robbie C. said:

Meant to say a few times, I've noticed a ring on Gina's wedding finger more than once. Maybe she forgot to take it off sometimes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfie1996 said:

Meant to say a few times, I've noticed a ring on Gina's wedding finger more than once. Maybe she forgot to take it off sometimes.

One of those interesting things, I guess.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, johnnyfarragut said:
CASH:If he dream of doin' somethin' to me, he better wake up and apologize.

Great line, recycled years later by Quentin Tarantino in Reservoir Dogs! :redface:

MR. WHITE: You shoot me in a dream you better wake up and apologize.

Originally came from Muhammad Ali "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize"

• Thanks 1