As close to the Ebel Watch as I can find.

Gary1911A1

For the past year or so I have looked for watch that looks like an Ebel Watch Sonny wore with little luck. I did find a Orient that closely resembles the Rolex Sonny wore at first, but no Eble look alike. This is the closes I have found and It's not close enough for me: http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_id=&bo_products_variance_id=82908&rid=E031511P-SL1I can't afford a real one.:cry:

Not close at all..........The Rolex has no inner window dials.I took me a couple of years to find mine but I was lucky to find an authentic Rolex.Happy hunting......................

Does it have to be exactly like his watch? you could try going for something abit less expensive, some of the older 1960's gold omega's are pretty reasonabile and are around that price rangeEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.watchestobuy.com/newpage3.htmmind you this place has jacked up the prices for it by about $400 bucks and mine was a handmedown from my father who bought his brand new in 1962 and went to alaska with it.

Sorry my post was confusing. The Orient/Rolex look alike was similar to this Orient which is more like the one Sonny had at first except mine has a white face.http://cgi.ebay.com/Orient-2EV03002B-Mens-Classic-Day-Date-Automatic-Watch-/200582747741?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2eb3a9d65d#ht_1668wt_702I'd like to find one that looks like a Ebel he wore latter. I did find a site for Eble Replicas, but none in Gold with a white face with the chronograph Sonny wore and I can't afford a real or used one for that matter. You think somebody would make a look alike with their name on it?:evil:

So you mean one like the one he wore during the bren shoot montage?

The only member here that owns one of these ebel watches is ronbo.He was nice enough to PM me photos of his watch that I requested. I asked for photos of the owners manuel, and inside and outside of the watch band. He was cool and did this for me.I asked him to post the photos on this site in either a thread he already started, or a new thread. If we are lucky, he'll do this for us.I've never seen a replica that is exactly like this one. :cry:

Hmm I wonder if it's even a replica, theres a chance that it may be the geniune article since I remember that in one of the extras for either the end of S1 or S2 they mentioned that there wardrobe budget was a 100k for S2

Hmm I wonder if it's even a replica' date=' theres a chance that it may be the geniune article since I remember that in one of the extras for either the end of S1 or S2 they mentioned that there wardrobe budget was a 100k for S2[/quote'] Ronbo's ebel is genuine.A few of the cast on the show wore ebels.I'm betting EBEL gave them the watches in return for the stars wearing them. Kind of like how the show was given two Ferraris for use on the show.The watches and the Ferraris wouldn't reflect in the budget.

I dont doubt it and I ment the one on the show not his. Actually that brings up the question what ever happened to that rolex that I think was a replica that he wore in S1, was it written off when that squib went off too early in the hitlist?

I dont doubt it and I ment the one on the show not his. Actually that brings up the question what ever happened to that rolex that I think was a replica that he wore in S1' date=' was it written off when that squib went off too early in the hitlist?[/quote']Good question.I dunno. I remember RB telling us about it. I think the squib did damage it. Perhaps it was broken beyond repair and disposed of... good question.

I can't find it now, but I recall DJ appearing in an ad in a magazine for Ebel Watches wearing the one he wore on the show so I'd say yes it really was an Ebel. I just was hoping someone made one that looked just like at, at less cost. Guess I have to win the Lottery.:D

I can't find it now' date=' but I recall DJ appearing in an ad in a magazine for Ebel Watches wearing the one he wore on the show so I'd say yes it really was an Ebel. I just was hoping someone made one that looked just like at, at less cost. Guess I have to win the Lottery.:D[/quote']I've been looking too.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way garry I think an alternative would be to buy an ebel watch at BJ's and just have someone gold plate it.I'm not kiding I was just over there and saw one there for 750 bucks, silver though and it had a dial just like the MV watch.and happy M1911 day, it was officially adopted by the army on March 29th 1911, a 100 years ago today.

So you mean one like the one he wore during the bren shoot montage?

Think this was one of the earliest self-winding Ebel chronometers. I also was looking and the real ones would be really expensive.

By the way garry I think an alternative would be to buy an ebel watch at BJ's and just have someone gold plate it.I'm not kiding I was just over there and saw one there for 750 bucks' date=' silver though and it had a dial just like the MV watch.and happy M1911 day, it was officially adopted by the army on March 29th 1911, a 100 years ago today.[/quote'] Thanks for the suggestion and the Happy Birthday to my favorite pistol. In 2013 we can celebrate the Navy adopting it too!