What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

I don't care that it's essentially a "fake" electric guitar... this is one of the most awesome e guitar tracks that I can think of. :thumbsup:

"Essentially", yes, but the background "rhythm" guitar sound is actually Jan playing a real electric guitar (as also heard in the MV Theme song, Robbie's theme, and a few others). :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Interesting... but the solo/lead guitar is coming out of a synth, isn't it?

Was it a DX5? I can't remember...

The lead is the Memorymoog thru the Rockman X100 distortion and MXR 126 Flanger/Doubler. There is also some kind of manual envelope filtering happening. Probably just a wah pedal, or the Memorymoog had expression pedals you could hook up for stuff like that. Jan is a HUGE Hendrix fan, so probably the wah. 

The DX7 guitar sounds were the cleaner, more laid back sounds like in "Night Talk" (also thru the MXR Flanger). 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

"Essentially", yes, but the background "rhythm" guitar sound is actually Jan playing a real electric guitar (as also heard in the MV Theme song, Robbie's theme, and a few others). :thumbsup:

Love this - rocky ! 

On 6/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, Daytona74 said:

I don't care that it's essentially a "fake" electric guitar... this is one of the most awesome e guitar tracks that I can think of. :thumbsup:

For sure!!!

• Administrators

Been listening to this a lot the past few days...

Featured in the season 4 episode "Honor Among Thieves", of course. Didn't know it was one of the popular Billy Idol songs, has over 8 million views on YouTube.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was listening too Boat party and Girls With Guns via bluetooth in my car!:thumbsup:

I made my own Miami Vice playlist off Youtube and downloaded it to my phone!

I have no idea who Tommy Shaw is but GIrls with guns and Dangerous game are catchy as hell.

Love finding obscure tracks like that which you wouldn't of ever heard unless you were a MV fan.

That song was playing on episode "Glades".  Season 1, episode 9

Remember when they were driving to the everglades?  That song was playing.

20170806_124608.png

Edited by jenny

Not relevant to right now, but I had to go into work today early for reasons; 2 hours before business hours and me and my boss whilst doing what we had to do, we just blasted out a Miami Vice playlist from all Seasons, was pretty epic.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Dadrian, you outdid yourself with this one!

Would you believe I’ve since acquired some gear that would make this cover sound even more accurate? I’m literally ONE puzzle piece away from making a new YouTube channel dedicated to Jan’s MV music. 

• Like 1

Did you recreate all those Jan Hammer cues just from listening to the originals and piecing them together yourself on a keyboard?

You're like a modern day Elmyr de Hory. Impressive man:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Did you recreate all those Jan Hammer cues just from listening to the originals and piecing them together yourself on a keyboard?

You're like a modern day Elmyr de Hory. Impressive man:thumbsup:

:) Now there’s a reference you don’t hear everyday! Well done! :clap: I take it as a compliment! :p:thumbsup:

Yes, I reverse engineered all those, and tried my best to recreate them exactly like they were made—with multiple keyboards and effects. Hearing a group of notes and rhythms and instantly deciphering them is a strange blessing/curse I was born with. Reciprocating them on synthesizers is the real challenge for me, though, because I’m not a keyboardist. 

• Like 1

Haha :p 

Wow that's really cool (and time consuming as all hell I bet). Been listening to your stuff way before I was member on here. Great work dude.

• Thanks 1

YES! Very time-consuming, but rewarding throughout.

I really appreciate the feedback. It’s always good to hear the songs have brought someone joy. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Would you believe I’ve since acquired some gear that would make this cover sound even more accurate? I’m literally ONE puzzle piece away from making a new YouTube channel dedicated to Jan’s MV music. 

Have you redone this one ? I heard your one you did previously or is this the same one Dadrian?:hippie:

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Have you redone this one ? I heard your one you did previously or is this the same one Dadrian?:hippie:

I have not redone this one, but it would be re-recorded with the more accurate sounds/mix for said new YouTube channel. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I have not redone this one, but it would be re-recorded with the more accurate sounds/mix for said new YouTube channel. 

Great to know thankyou :hippie::radio::dance2:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...