Who knows "The City" from 1977 (German title: Stadt der Gewalt)?

bluepearl

Today I've seen the TV movie "The City " from 1977 (IMDb) with Robert Forster, Don Johnson, Mark Hamill (Star Wars).DJ plays (once again) a cop and I think it can be seen in this view a lot of behavior patterns of a "very very young:glossy:" Sonny Crockett.This struck me so clearly that I just ask all -who know this "old ham"- if it's given you the same way?These similarities I find in Dead Bang nowhere to this extent. Dead Bang is of course :thumbsup: the better image, but this is not the discussion ...I even would be glad to hear, if you know other old films from DJ and how did you like that. All relevant known and yet somehow to be purchased have always left me with a very different impression.

Oh bluepearl - can you ask this in the german forum??? :) It's not easy for me to tell it in english! :oYes, I know this movie - i have it on VHS Video. It's ok - for the early years.... And you are right, sometimes I thougt it too - the very youn Sonny... But I have another one (die Sprache der Gewalt) - i can't find the english title....And I have "a boy and his dog", "the harrad experiment" and so on. Sometimes i like it to see him so young - and sometimes i like it to see him in films like "a pursuit of honor", "the word of honor"...! I think i would say: i love him young and old - as a good man and as a bad man.... :D:happy:

I think i would say: i love him young and old - as a good man and as a bad man.... :D:happy:

I agree a 100%! :glossy::happy:As for "The City", unfortunately, I haven't seen it, but I've seen many other "before-MV" movies, and I liked most of them, more or less. And especially DJ in them, of course! :thumbsup: