33 Phil The Shill

C Glide

Now, it´s on and it´s as great and detailed as always. Great Job!I remember that this episode had some production time troubles and surprising editing issues as revealed by the rescheduling of the hangar scenes compared to the script. Kyra Sedgwick left after the shooting to China and after editing some of the scenes she appeared in, producers realized that they had to do some of her audio again (ADR-Automatic Dialogue Replacement) to fit the new cut version. Normally that´s not a big deal - the editor checks the material immediately in a rough cut after shooting and, if needed, the actor is simply asked to come to the sound stage the other day and record again one or two sentences that got ruined by the cut. But this episode was cut just days before airing -too late to call her in - Kyra was already in a hotel in South China and did her ADR via long distance call over the phone.

• 1 year later...

I have just posted this episode on my location web site. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Great locations for this episode with Phil Collins - a lot of it filmed in Fort Lauderdale probrably due to the high profile of Phil Collins at that time. The end scene at Lockhart Stadium - with your two red drawn arrows on your map on your guide is that where the cars pull in just before the stadium- in the vacant lot directly in front of the stadium ?:D

Great locations for this episode with Phil Collins - a lot of it filmed in Fort Lauderdale probrably due to the high profile of Phil Collins at that time. The end scene at Lockhart Stadium - with your two red drawn arrows on your map on your guide is that where the cars pull in just before the stadium- in the vacant lot directly in front of the stadium ?:D

Yes' date=' if it had been light out we would have seen airport buildings in the background as they pulled in as we do in my re-creation photos.[/size']

Great work piecing all this together. I love the shopping montage in this episode. I feel like I'm there, in the '80s. This is a real 'slice of life as it was' episode.Thanks for doing all the research on this. One of these days I'll get down there and check it out in person...one of these days...

Great work piecing all this together. I love the shopping montage in this episode. I feel like I'm there' date=' in the '80s. This is a real 'slice of life as it was' episode.Thanks for doing all the research on this. One of these days I'll get down there and check it out in person...one of these days...[/quote']Make it happen, you owe it to yourself to visit.

• 6 months later...

Very cool MV location on NE36th St on the car follow scene from the I95 - heading around the corner where the house covered in vegetation has now gone - but the former Ocean Bank at 36th - Biscayne up ahead. MV didnt shoot in this direction often on NE36th / Biscayne as they often shot more northbound or southbound on Biscayne Bvld primarily more in Season 1 & 2 of course. The bank they were heading for in the scene was the former Ocean Bank opposite Denny's - its still there but not an Ocean Bank.There are still a lot of Ocean Bank's in the Miami area - with the flagship being on Le Jeune Road near the airport.:D

Very cool MV location on NE36th St on the car follow scene from the I95 - heading around the corner where the house covered in vegetation has now gone - but the former Ocean Bank at 36th - Biscayne up ahead. MV didnt shoot in this direction often on NE36th / Biscayne as they often shot more northbound or southbound on Biscayne Bvld primarily more in Season 1 & 2 of course. The bank they were heading for in the scene was the former Ocean Bank opposite Denny's - its still there but not an Ocean Bank.There are still a lot of Ocean Bank's in the Miami area - with the flagship being on Le Jeune Road near the airport.:D

I always really liked that little segment as well. When they take that curvy, sloping trip off the highway into the heart of the city and the background we see. Cool scene. I tried to post yesterday but had problems with the site so let's see if this post ok.

I always really liked that little segment as well. When they take that curvy' date=' sloping trip off the highway into the heart of the city and the background we see. Cool scene. I tried to post yesterday but had problems with the site so let's see if this post ok.[/quote']I had problems too trying to post yesterday also - but cool scene particularly at that direction on NE36th .:D

I always really liked that little segment as well. When they take that curvy' date=' sloping trip off the highway into the heart of the city and the background we see. Cool scene. I tried to post yesterday but had problems with the site so let's see if this post ok.[/quote'][ATTACH=CONFIG]7687[/ATTACH]:D

post-122-13892965406928_thumb.jpg

Love that scene

The first part of that scene - off I95 onto NE36th St approaching Biscayne Bvld and the then Ocean Bank ( still a bank today not Ocean though ) :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7691[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965412666_thumb.jpg

It's been a few years since I stopped here myself to take pictures but as I look at your pictures I remember the day as if it were yesterday even seeing where I parked in your picture. Vice is awesome. Great pictures

It's been a few years since I stopped here myself to take pictures but as I look at your pictures I remember the day as if it were yesterday even seeing where I parked in your picture. Vice is awesome. Great pictures

The house which was seen in 1985 / covered with vegetation in shots is gone however :D

• 8 months later...

Love this episode - really quite lighthearted which I watched last nite . Original airing was 13th Dec 1985 - great locations primarily Northern Fort Lauderdale locations up to Daytona Beach .:xmas::dance2::funky:

• 2 years later...

As much as I like Phil Collins and the house decorated by Izzy being very cool , I think this episode is highly overrated as another attempt to put humor in the series. EMO Philips is extremely annoying (if you ask me), as is John Talbott's insistence on winning the game show...  

• 11 months later...

Believe it or not that is the same entrance. exact spot. There have been additions to the building for restaurants but same spot. think it was early 2000s