What would you do?

sonnysgirl

Hey everybody! Need some advice here, cant decide what to do..I ordered the Miami Vice Complete Collection (the one in the white box) and after 8 long weeks it finally got here... I was so happy and excited until I opened the package... the white collectors box was badly damaged: one corner dented, the other torn and the third torn from the corner all the way down the side (including the inside!) :cry: I have to open the box very carefully for it to not fall apart completely. And the small box that holds the DVDs for S3 also has a small tear on the top. I ordered it thru amazon and I could return it but it will take at least another 4 weeks for a new one to get here. That would mean, 4 long weeks without watching a new ep!I really cant decide.... I could try to fix it up but then again I paid a lot of money for it and I would rather have something thats not broken to begin with. But what if the next one gets here and is even more damaged?I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place here.... so what would you guys do???:confused:

I'd ship it back, but call them beforehand.Ask for them to speed up the re-shipping of the new set, it's the least they can do to make up for what happened.With no extra charge to your account.

I agree with MrsEvanFreed ....as much as it hurts to wait longer, you should get a perfect product. If the discs are O.K. you could tell them to just send you a new Box.....but call them first & ask.

Thanks guys (girls?)Unfortunately thats not an option. I ordered it thru amazon but it came from a third party seller and they dont have it in stock anymore. So I can returned it to them but then I would have to order it new from somebody else and they wouldnt expedite the shipping since it's not their problem that the first order was damaged. What a stupid mess, I'm really frustrated :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear about your luck!I know where there is a mint set used at a local store for 60 bucks. I was thinking of getting it for myself but I already have the five seasons which I bought progressively when they came out over time. The white box set would be nice, but I wonder if there are any differences in them?

Sorry to hear about your luck!I know where there is a mint set used at a local store for 60 bucks. I was thinking of getting it for myself but I already have the five seasons which I bought progressively when they came out over time. The white box set would be nice' date=' but I wonder if there are any differences in them?[/quote'] Believe the boxed set is all single sided whereas the individual sets for S1 and S2 are double-sided. I don't like double-sided for playability and keeping the discs clean.

• Administrators

Believe the boxed set is all single sided whereas the individual sets for S1 and S2 are double-sided.

You are correct! sonnysgirl, if it were me I'd send it back but then again I'm a stickler for details. I purposely bought all 5 seasons at the local bestbuy so I could pick one without dented corners! I did later order the complete collection online (as a backup set) and luckily it wasn't damaged.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3429[/ATTACH]this is what it looks like :cry:(there's more dents but I dont want to upload so many pics)

post-10171-13892963549315_thumb.jpg

post-10171-13892963549501_thumb.jpg