Commercials from the 80's

Sonny-Burnett

Couldn't find this thread anywhere so thought I'd start one. The commercials back then were great, IMO. Here's a Michelob one set to a Winwood song..

and at 26 seconds, is that a DJ lookalike.....maybe not.
  • Like 3

and one from 1986 with In the Air Tonight

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmB_d4z727E

makes me thirsty... ;)
I remember seeing this commercial so long ago.It reminded of miami vice the girl in the car.I liked this one,glad you found it:happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there more commercials from back then with the same Vice neo noir cool/attitude atmosphere generated by the cinematography and music? I love the atmosphere of it. Know of any more?

• 5 years later...

What's with all the Michelob commercials featuring top artists of the time...

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

There was also a version of that commercial where the professor says they're at the Southfork Ranch, not "a split level ranch".

I guess the makers of "Dallas" didn't like that reference all that much... :)

I don't think it's Red Skelton...I can't find any information that he ever did a Pepsi commercial.  I can't find any information on who this person really is either, strange.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, Susanna Girl said:

I don't think it's Red Skelton...I can't find any information that he ever did a Pepsi commercial.  I can't find any information on who this person really is either, strange.  

I've seen him somewhere in some film, I want to say as the nervous/timid guy speaking...but I cannot place him at all. And a search about this video got me nowhere.

2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I've seen him somewhere in some film, I want to say as the nervous/timid guy speaking...but I cannot place him at all. And a search about this video got me nowhere.

I've never heard of the guy before, but from reading through the comments on YouTube, someone mentioned Syd Mead. Just to be sure, that it really was him, I looked up his name and tried to find out, if he had been in that Pepsi Commercial. :) 

http://sydmead.com/v/12/film/  Year 1984 Joe Pitka Productions Pepsi Commercial. 

I could be wrong, but to me it looks like him. 

Edited by summer84

Probably the definitive commercial of the genre:

This might be the only song which as soon as I hear it I'm thinking back to a commercial.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, summer84 said:

I've never heard of the guy before, but from reading through the comments on YouTube, someone mentioned Syd Mead. Just to be sure, that it really was him, I looked up his name and tried to find out, if he had been in that Pepsi Commercial. :) 

http://sydmead.com/v/12/film/  Year 1984 Joe Pitka Productions Pepsi Commercial. 

I could be wrong, but to me it looks like him. 

Nice finds @summer84 and you may be right. Looking at his bio though on his webpage doesn't he seem more like the graphics design guy for the commercials and films?